Lego House

Chorus

“Krys, what are you doing here?”

 

“Wow, no hi nor hello. That’s really nice of you.”

 

Tiffany excused herself from the makeup artist and walked towards Krystal. “Hi, what are you doing here? I thought we’ve already talked about this. You’re not supposed to be here.”

 

“I didn’t come here because of you. Your location just so happens to be near this bakery that I frequent in.” Krystal showed the bags that contained a variety of bread that she just bought.

 

“And you’re saying that you just conveniently passed by and decided to visit me when I specifically told you not to.”

 

“Oh come on, this is the first TV ad you’re going to be filming. How could I miss it?”

 

Tiffany relented. “Okay but promise me you’re not going to do anything crazy and that you’re going to be well-behaved.”

 

“I am always well-behaved.”

 

“Promise me.”

 

“Alright, I promise to sit quietly in a corner while I stuff my face with bread.”

 

“Good.” Tiffany heard her name being called and she nodded in acknowledgment. She was about to walk away but Krystal pulled her. She was about to reprimand the younger girl thinking that Krystal was going to sneak in a little kiss but the girl didn’t do what Tiffany thought she was gonna do.

 

“You smell good,” Krystal said, sniffing her girlfriend’s hair.

 

Tiffany lightly pushed her. “I always do.” She walked to the set unaware that Krystal really had the intention of giving her a good luck kiss and it took Krystal every ounce of self-control she had in her to not do it when she remembered what Tiffany’s agent said about not being so out with their relationship.

 

Krystal did as she promised and got comfortable sitting in a corner where she could see everything that was happening. By the time she’s finished eating all the bread that she’s bought, Tiffany must’ve shot the same scene where she just run up a flight of stairs for at least ten times. Krystal wasn’t aware that she’s moved closer to where they were doing the scene.

 

Tiffany’s only break from running was when she had to descend those same stairs. Krystal was sending death glares to the director who kept on saying “again” even though the take seemed good enough. She was going to keep quiet and keep her promise to Tiffany but when the girl almost tripped a part of her snapped.

 

She approached the director and said in the calmest tone that she could muster, “Can’t you give her a short break? She’s been running up the stairs for about half an hour now.”

 

The director snarled. “Who are you? Who let her in here?”

 

“You’re tiring her out. She looks like she’s going to faint soon.”

 

“Look, kid, she knew what she signed up for and she isn’t even complaining so why are you?”

 

“That’s only because her tolerance for douchebags like you is extremely high.”

 

Tiffany who was getting retouched finally noticed the ruckus and found out that Krystal was involved in it.

 

“Someone get this kid off my set! Now!”

 

“Krys, what the hell are you doing?”

 

Instead of answering, she took Tiffany by the hand and pulled her away from there.

 

“Krystal. Jung Krystal!” Krystal ignored her calls. “Krystal, stop! What the hell?!”

 

When they reached Tiffany’s car, she opened the door for Tiffany and motioned for her to get in. Tiffany was going to say no but Krystal’s expression told her she wasn’t going to have any of it. So she hopped in and slammed the door closed. The younger girl drove them back home.

 

“What the were you thinking? You promised! You promised me you weren’t going to do anything crazy!” Soon as they got to the older girl’s room, she voiced out what she’s been dying to say ever since Krystal basically dragged her to her car.

 

“I know what I promised but did you really expect me to just sit there and watch as that jerk make you run your off until you faint from exhaustion? I wasn’t going to sit there and wait for something bad to happen to you before I speak up!”

 

“It was what the job required me to do. This is why you shouldn’t have gone there in the first place!”

 

“Holy , Tiffany, you’re willing to kill yourself for a goddamn TV ad? You’re that desperate?”

 

Tiffany took offense. She thought that of all people Krystal would be the one to truly understand her. “This is my craft! You know how passionate I am about it! This is a stepping stone for me!”

 

Krystal, on the other hand, thinks Tiffany’s real stepping stone is the musical she’s been casted on. She believed that people would take notice of her talent if she did well in it.

 

“Here I thought you’ve finally gotten rid of that temper. I foolishly thought you’ve changed!”

 

“I have changed but really I shouldn’t have because obviously you don’t even notice nor appreciate it. Do you think I could stand half the things you want me to do? I don’t even ing like strawberry ice cream! My taste buds miraculously got used to it! I despise pink! But do you hear me ing complain? I tried to act mature. I tried to understand the nature of your job and you know what, Key’s been right all along. I shouldn’t have tried to change myself because of you. I let idiots talk down on me...on our relationship because I didn’t want them to think badly of you so I let them talk . Then I say something to that director so he’d let you rest and I’m suddenly the inconsiderate girlfriend who doesn’t understand your job and how passionate you are about your craft?” Krystal air-quoted the last word and Tiffany couldn’t help but feel like she was mocking her.

 

“Don’t—“

 

“I am not done yet! I tried being nice to your co-workers. That was all for you and you think I haven’t changed?”

 

“I never asked you to give them coffees and treat them snacks. I never asked you to do any of that!”

 

“You didn’t need to! I did it because I love you and maybe I got way too serious about this stupid relationship way too soon...maybe thinking that you and I would actually end up together and get married someday was idiotic and maybe I should be dating someone else!” Krystal immediately regretted saying those things but her emotions got the best of her.

 

“If that’s what you really think then get out.”

 

“I didn’t—“

 

“Get the out!”

 

“Fine!” Krystal got out of there before she could say more things that she would later regret. She didn’t want to add more stuff that she wouldn’t be able to take back so she turned around and walked out of Tiffany’s room.

 

Krystal was already out of the apartment when it dawned on Tiffany that she and the younger girl might’ve just broken up and before she knew it, she had both hands covering her face while she sobbed.

 

 

---

 

 

Yoona and Jessica were leisurely walking around the streets of Paris when they walked by a sweets shop and decided to look around.

 

“I love how we can’t even pronounce the name of this shop but it doesn’t matter because they sell treats.”

 

Jessica laughed as Yoona eyed the candies that are wrapped like pretty presents.

 

“I’ll be buying some that I could take back with me to Seoul and give it to Krystal. I’m sure she’d like them and she told me to buy something that she could give to Tiffany too.”

 

After their short shopping trip, the two grabbed a late lunch at some Korean restaurant because Yoona kept on insisting that she’s been missing eating those.

 

“I can’t believe you’re leaving the day after tomorrow.”

 

“I can’t believe you still have four more months here.”

 

Yoona chuckled. “Would you like it better if I could fly back to Seoul with you?”

 

“I would like it better if I could fly first class back to Seoul and if I could sit next to Josh Hartnett without his facial hair.” Yoona glared at her. “I would love it if you could fly back home with me.”

 

“I will hunt Josh Hartnett down. What’s up with you liking guys whose names start with the letter J?”

 

Jessica laughed at what she deemed to be a stupid question. “I don’t have a fixation for the letter J if that’s what you’re implying.”

 

“Well do you like people whose names start with Y more then?”

 

“I’m marrying you so maybe.”

 

Yoona grinned, satisfied with how Jessica’s humouring her. “Jay’s the only ex of yours that I know. Who are the others?”

 

“You already know I only have one other ex.”

 

“The mysterious ex-girlfriend. Right. Can’t you at least tell me who she is?”

 

Jessica started to think of it as a sign that she should tell Yoona now about her previous relationship with Taeyeon but as always she still couldn’t bring herself to do it. “Since we’re talking about letter earlier...I’ll give you the initial. T.”

 

“T?” Yoona started thinking of names that started with the letter T. “I’m going to be really honest and say that I only know a few names that start with T. There’s Tiffany, Taehee...and then there’s my sister’s name, Taeyeon. That’s all the T’s I know.”

 

Jessica wasn’t even surprised anymore that the name was quickly mentioned. “There’s the name...Tinkerbell.” Jessica felt stupid that the first name she could think of was that.

 

“Tinkerbell? I would feel sorry for any real person whose name is Tinkerbell.”

 

Jessica faked a laugh to hide what she was currently feeling at the moment. “Me, too.” She knew she should’ve just come clean.

 

 

---

 

 

“I’ve already talked to Yuri and I told her to pick you up since Krystal isn’t picking up any of our calls.”

 

“Yeah, I’m getting really worried.”

 

Yoona unloaded the last bag from the trunk and put it on the cart. “Maybe she’s just getting back at you for making her miss you. I totally would do the same thing.”

 

“At this rate we wouldn’t need to have kids anymore. I already have my hands full with Yoong-choding and my little sister who is by the way still more mature than you are.”

 

“You might as well include Fany and Yul on that list, too.”

 

Yoona wanted to accompany Jessica while she waited to board the plane but Jessica didn’t let her.

 

“Why can’t—“

 

“Because I could still change my mind and I know you’re going to be doing things to convince me that staying is the better thing to do.”

 

Yoona smiled slyly. Jessica knew her too well. “It is. You sure about leaving now? I still have to stay here longer. You’re gonna miss me.”

 

“I’ll try to live, Yoong.” She gave her a tight embrace and a quick kiss that left Yoona wanting more. “I’ll keep myself busy so I won’t miss you too much.”

 

“No, no, no. Don’t do that. I live knowing that my fiancée is missing me badly.”

 

Jessica playfully shoved her face and laughed. “You’re a horrible soon-to-be wife. I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”

 

“Now go before your satan of a boss gets mad. You’ve been slacking for two weeks now.”

 

Yoona bid Jessica goodbye and the latter watched her drive off. She gave the streets of Paris one last look before heading inside the airport with a smile on her face. Two weeks in what is said to be the most romantic city in the world with Yoona was enough reason to have that same smile stuck on her face even when she’s landed after that long flight.

 

True enough Yuri was waiting for her. “Do you know why my sister isn’t picking up my calls?”

 

“No hi, hello or thank you for picking me up so early in the morning?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. “Where’s my sister?”

 

“Get in the car, sugar momma and I’ll tell you a story.”

 

“I don’t need a ing story. Where’s Krystal?”

 

Yuri sighed. “Just get in the car and I’ll tell you.”

 

 

---

 

 

“Stop talking.”

 

“I haven’t finished my story yet,” Yuri complained.

 

“I said stop.”

 

“Fine.”

 

Jessica didn’t know whether to believe Yuri or not. Her sister was back at her place when she’s basically moved in with Tiffany and hasn’t attended her class for a couple of days. This was the same Krystal who rarely skips school even when she was sick.

 

“I’m telling you seeing someone kill zombies or plant claymores to kill terrorists while singing ‘Lego House’ by Ed Sheeran is just...full on weird. It’s like Twilight Zone in your house.”

 

Yuri helped her unload her bags and get them upstairs so as a thank you she let Yuri in her apartment even though all she wanted was an alone time with Krystal. The younger Jung was at the couch doing what Yuri said she was doing. She didn’t look horrendous like Jessica expected but she still didn’t look like the Krystal she was used to seeing.

 

“Something’s wrong with her and I bet it has something to do with Fany. I haven’t seen Fany either because I’m scared she’s going to throw the first thing she sees at me,” Yuri whispered.

 

“Yuri, go fix us a snack or something.”

 

Yuri was going to complain about her efforts of helping the girl with her luggage but her stomach growled and she knew that was the cue for her to go to the older girl’s kitchen and eat.

 

Jessica, on the other hand, sat next to her sister who just noticed her presence then. “You’re back.” She was expecting a hug and a more cheerful greeting but knowing that her sister has some issues that she needed to deal with properly, she got right into it.

 

“Krys, what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong...I’m just...playing,” Krystal lifelessly answered as she continued pressing the buttons.

 

“Yuri told me you haven’t attended any of your classes for the past two days. That’s so not you.”

 

Krystal sighed and dropped her arms to her side, leaning on the couch. “I don’t want to attend those classes anymore. Everyone’s so stupid.”

 

“Krys, you can’t just not attend those classes. You can’t graduate this year if you do that.”

 

“I’m just so tired of dealing with idiots.”

 

The older Jung knew very well that the real problem wasn’t about the classes she was taking and she could see it on her little sister’s face. How her eyes looked so hollow and although she didn’t seem like she’s been crying, it certainly looked like she was about to cry buckets of tears but she was just stopping herself from doing so.

 

Jessica sat closer and wrapped an arm around the younger Jung’s shoulder and that seemed to trigger the waterworks. Everything that Krystal was bottling up came out and all Jessica could do was embrace her sister tightly. The older Jung wasn’t one to hold back her tears and soon enough she was crying with her. She hasn’t seen her sister for two weeks and coming back to a distraught Krystal made her even more emotional.

 

“I didn’t...I didn’t mean what I said,” Krystal struggled saying as her breath hitched. “I didn’t mean what I said to her. I just don’t understand why she couldn’t see all the effort that I put in our relationship. I tried to change how I act in front of people that I wouldn’t normally give a damn about for her...and...and I feel like she doesn’t even see how hard that is for me.”

 

Jessica pulled away from the hug and wiped her sister’s tears.

 

“And now I don’t even know if we’re over. We haven’t talked. I don’t want to call her because if she blows up on me on the phone...I might just do the same thing and...”

 

Jessica watched Krystal’s lips shook as she admitted something that she knew was hard for her to even say out loud. “I really don’t want to lose her.” Krystal shook her head. “I know it’s stupid that I let myself fall for her this much but—“

 

“There’s nothing stupid about that. You were brave for letting yourself love someone that much and you and Tiffany are going to fix this. Just wait a little while before talking to each other.”

 

“You think she’d still talk to me after what I’ve said?”

 

Jessica, in all honesty, wasn’t sure either. “Just wait it out a bit, okay?” She hugged her sister again and let her cry it all out. She knew that’s what Krystal needed.

 

Yuri came out from the kitchen and saw the sisters having their heart to heart talk. She came out to say that she may or may not have broken their microwave but because of what she’s witnessed, she just left a note instead along with two cups of warm milk.

 

She quietly left the house with one destination in mind. Tiffany’s place.

 

 

______

my yearning for a vulnerable krystal and jungsis bonding moment/interaction in my own fanfic has brought me to writing this update and it's all because of j&k's last episode which is honestly my first time seeing krystal like that. that's really new to me.

i decided to use lego house as the title because before i wrote this i was playing this game called shadow fight where you fight ninjas and lego house came so i was singing along to it while trying to defeat my opponent and it was weird as heck lol i like using real life situations on my updates so i'm sorry if that seemed random.

and again i am doubting if anything i've written in this chapter made sense. i'm sorry if it doesn't lol