Stitches

Chorus

okay let's try this again ---

 

"What?" Tiffany frowed as soon as she saw who was on the other side of the door. She knew that this would eventually happen.

 

"Oh, come on. Is no one ever going to be happy seeing me?" Yuri stepped inside while Tiffany stuffed other essentials to her bag. "Stop pretending to be busy and tell me what happened between you and Krystal."

 

"Ask her."

 

"You're scary but she's on a different level. Why'd you think I'm here? Besides she's a total mess right now. You should really see her. You guys were inseperable these past few months. You can't tell me you're not missing her."

 

Tiffany still had her back to Yuri when she heaved a sigh and Yuri knew she was right.

 

"Dear god stop making things hard and complicated and just talk. Whatever she did or said to make you upset, I'm sure she didn't mean it. You're the queen of doing and saying things that you don't mean when you get too emotional."

 

"It's not that simple, Yuri. If that was the case, do you honestly think I wouldn't go to her right now? It's been 5 goddamn days, 7 sickening hours and 21 ing minutes since the last time she walked out of that door because I told her to so yeah, I'm telling you now that I don't miss her. I'm just dying to see her and talk to her that I could feel parts of me disintegrating every second that I'm not with her."

 

Tiffany broke down in tears and Yuri, for a couple of seconds, didn't know how to react. She almost took the 'brighten the mood' route by joking about how Tiffany knew how to use the word 'disintegrate' but decided against it whe she remembered how Jessica comforted the devastated Krystal. She walked over to where Tiffany was and enveloped the crying girl in her arms just like what the sisters did.

 

"What, you're not going to make some smartass insult and ask where I learned the word 'disintrgrate'?

 

"Sometimes a friend just needs a hug. Nothing more," she said with a giggle and a squeeze on Tiffany's shoulder. "Just know that now you owe me one insult." Yuri ended up being the chauffet of the day and drove Tiffany to work.

 

---

 

I'm not quite sure how I ended up bonding with my soon-to-be siter-in-law. I just remember calling Jessica to check if she had a safe flight back to Korea and the next thing I know I'm trying to comfort Krystal while my fiancée excused herself. Now we're suddenly bonding over angels. "L

 

"No way. No one can beat her. She's at the top."

 

"Unnie, Candice is also up there and she's younger."

 

"What does age have to do with anything?" We were currently watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and arguing who's the better angel. "Adriana is Victoria's secret."

 

"That's what people said about Gisele. Watch it happen to Candice, too."

 

"What are you two up to?" I saw Jessica on the screen rubbing the sleep away from her eyes.

 

"I am sensing food," Krystal.said as she stood up from the couch and headed towards the door. A secondlater the doorbell rang and it was the pizza delivery guy. Not gonna lie, that was pretty amazing.

 

"Looks like you're successful in cheering her up. Thank you."

 

I showed her a toothy grin and said, "I only introduced her to the wonderful world of lingerie-wearing angels. No big deal. She's obssessing over Candice Swanepoel right now."

 

"That's your idea of comforting someone who's heartbroken?"

 

"It doesn't matter how I did it. What matters is she's got her mind off of Fany right now."

 

Krystal came back holding a slice of pizza and staring at it with tears running down her face. "Krys, what's wrong?" Sica asked , while she her sister's back.

 

"I ordered pizza with olives. I hate olives. I've gotten so used to to ordering it so I could tell Tiffany to pick out the olivves for me."

 

Sica looked at me as if telling me that my plan didn't quite work. "Forget about her for now and let's just enjoy watching these genetically gifted ladies walk the runway with their crazy outfit and hot underwears."

 

"Has she...really fallen asleep like that?" I asked as I stare at Krystal who indeed has fallen asleep in the process of finishing a slice of pizza.

 

"Yeah, she sometimes does that. Like a toddler who can't decide if they should sleep because they're sleepy or if they should eat because they're hungry so they try to do both."

 

I start to wonder how I would act like if Jessica and I had a major fight and decide to call it quits. "If I were going through the same thing, I'd be the exact opposite. I probably won't sleep nor eat."

 

"The not eating part is a negative. Let's be real, Yoong." "Haven't I proven to you already that you're above food now?" She chuckled and it got me cursing all the intelligent people of the world for still not figuring out how to reach into these monitors so you could touch your loved ones when you are talking to them online.

 

"Jessica," I whined, "stop making me miss you so much." I thought she was going to make fun of me or tease me even more but her face turned serious.

 

"Yoong?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"What...what would be a valid reason for you to stop loving someone?"

 

"What?" Now don't get me wrong. I understood the question very well. I just didn't understand why she would ask that all of a sudden.

 

"What, for you, is a good enough reason to leave someone that you love?"

 

"Well, cheating would be up on that list, I guess. Just...getting hurt by that person in general, I think, is enough reason to not stay with them." I started imagining different scenarios where Jessica would intentionally hurt me and I immediately changed my mind.

 

"But you know what, no. For me...with you, I don't think there would ever be a good enough reason to leave you. You could tell me to piss off ala Gordon Ramsay and I'd still stay. You're stuck with me now, Jessica Jung. I don't need to write a ten page vow or to have witnesses. I'm telling you now that I'm going to be with you for the rest of my life and it would be my greatest achievement. Heck, I want it to be my epitaph. 'Married Jessica Jung and enjoyed every waking minute with her.'"

 

She released what I recognized to be a whiny squeal while discreetly wiping a tear at the corner of her eye. "Why?"

 

"Why what?"

 

"Why do you have to say stuff like that when you're so far away? You're turning me into a lovesick teenager. Ugh!"

 

"I just want you to know how I feel and besides you're the one asking random questions."

 

"I just asked because I wanted to avoid doing it because...I don't want to lose you."

 

"The only way you could lose me is if I became an astronaut and some freak accident happen then I get left behind by my team. So to put it simply there is zero percent chance of you losing me." I knew she'd get the reference right away.

 

"If that ever happens I will personally Go to Mars and bring you home but you have to know how to grow potatoes using your poop as fertilizer so you don't die of hunger before I get there."

 

"I will make sure to read on it during ny free time at work."

 

We spent a few more minutes talking and planning little things about the wedding until she started dozing off again. It's really unbelievable how she's able to sleep for so many hours. But if that meant I get to hug her for hours and I get to wake up next to her every day then so be it because I meant everythng I said. There will never be a good enough reason for me to ever leave her or stop loving her.

 

 

 

Title: stitches by Shawn Mendes