Home

When You Let Go

Jaemin's POV

It was New Year's eve and I just landed in Seoul. It was so cold out here since it was winter. I look out the window and saw droplets of snowflakes. It was beautiful. It's been 4 years since I left to the States. It was complicated. I breathe out and walk towards the exit. I was wearing my favourite beanie and an oversize shirt.

Holding on to my luggage, I looked out the glass door and I was shocked to see many screaming girls and flashing cameras. I tried not to be bothered and quickly dashed out of there to avoid the ruckus. As I was walking out, I bumped into someone and so I quickly bowed down to appologize

" Oh my god, choseonghaeyo! I.."

" Yah, watch where you're going!" the person said

"Jeongmal choseonghaeyo." I appologized again and looked up

 

* Woah! With that shades on I can tell he looks good*

 

" Done staring?! Now you know who I am. Go away you sasaeng fan!" he scowled 

"What?! what do you mean by sasaeng? What the hell is sasaeng?!" I shouted back in english. 

 

He just left me there and walked away with a bunch of guys in front. 

 

*such a rude person. Why does he seems so familiar though.*

 

I tried to just let it go and look for Mr Lee, whom my parents sent to fetch me from the airport. It was so crowded I couldn't even find any way out. However, to my luck, I saw an old man, with a grey-ish white hair smiling towards me

" MR LEE!!!!~~" I screamed while running towards him and hugged him

" Hello there agassi. You've grown into such a pretty lady now. How are you?"

" Ehhh. What's with this agassi? You don't need to be so formal UNCLE LEE. Me? Pretty? Awwww...thank you but I look super ordinary though. hehehe. The flight was 13 hours long and my legs are sore." I told him making funny faces

" Agass.." I cut him

" Jaemin" I said

" Jaemin, why don't we catch up in the car. I'll get your bags. You must be tired. It will be an hour ride to the house."

"  Ok. Let's go before we suffocate in these awful crowed here. I wonder why are there so many people though. Is there an artist here?"

" There is actually. The fans are here to welcome this k-pop group, EXO. Your brother is.."

" MY BROTHER? WHERE IS HE? HE'S HERE?? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME EARLIER? OMG WHERE IS HE?" You screamed 

" He is..." You cut him again while dialing your brother's number. Technically, your half brother.

*On the phone*

" YAH CHANYEOL YOU POOP! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU WERE AT THE AIRPORT?!"

" OMO! Jaeminieeeee... You should know that I was planning a surprise right? I was waiting for you since I reached earlier. Turn around you morron"

"Whaa..." You turned around and you saw your giant half brother who was wearing shades and a hoodie. 

You ran towards him and hugged him. He bent down to your height and pinched your cheeks.

 

" Look at my baby sister now all grown up. You didn't even come back to see your oppa"

" Hey, I did called. Plus, you never come visit me and Hyun oppa in the States"

" Well, I was super busy here since you left. Remember the auditions I was participating?"

" Aishh.. You poop. Yeah yeah I remember. So, how was it? Did you finally got in?"

" Yeap I did. Like 2 years ago. If you would have time to actually have a real conversation with me, you would have known."

" Awww I'm sorry oppa. Everythings so messed up that time. I..*sigh* you know what I mean."

" It's ok. Don't talk about it. I won't ask who that person is. It's the past now. Now you're here with your AWESOME OPPA and I will brighten your day ok?" He said giving me a warm hug

" Yes you giant poop. hehe. Kaja! Before Omma and appa make a big fuss of us being late. You know how excited they are when their kids come back home"

" HAHAHA!! Yes. Come on!"

We walked together with Mr Lee behind us. I missed him so much. I really felt so bad for pushing him aside and leaving him behind when I was so messed up. Even so, he was so understanding and he never left my side after how I treated him. I'm such a bad sister and I guess I am just so blessed to have a wonderful brother like him. Eventhough he is just my half brother.

How is he my half brohther you ask? Well, my mom left us, me and Sang Hyun oppa when we were little for another man. Dad suffered alot and he had to take care of us. Along the way, he met his ex wife and they fell in love again. I never knew I had a brother who was dad's first child. It was hard at first but then Chanyeol, me and Sang Hyun oppa got along well. Chanyeol forgave dad for leaving him and his mom. Things got better and no one hold grudges against each other. Mom, which is Chanyeol's mom, loves us very much. She never treated me differently and loves me like I'm her very own daughter. So, let's just say that we are happy.  

The ride home wasn't quiet since Chanyeol being the loud giant talks non stop. Well, it's been so long since we catch up. He told about how he was in this famous group called EXO and I was happy for him. Remembering what Mr Lee said about an idol group being at the airport thats why there were a swarm of girls there. So, it was his group that made a ruckus at the airport. They have just came back from Hong Kong after a performance. 

When we reached the house, we both ran in like a bunch of 5 year old running towards a candy shop.

" MOM!!! DAD!!!! WE"RE HOME!!!!!!!!!!!~~" We both screamed

" Oh my!! CHANYEOL-AH, JAEMIN BABY!! You're home!!" Mom and dad came down running towards us and hugged us both.

" Look at you! You've grown up looking like a fine young lady!" Mom said

" Chanyeol-ah, how was the performance?: How was the flight?" Dad asked

" The flight wasn't as long as Jaeminee's one. *mehrong* but it was ok. The performance was good." Chanyeol replied

" Well, why don't you both take a warm bath and come down for dinner? Mom cooked your favourite, spaghetti meatball."

" OKAY MOM!!~~ We'll be down in a jiffy" We both said in union and ran up.

*end of Jaemin's pov*

 

No one's POV

" I'm glad my two babies are back. I hope our Sang Hyun is alright. I miss him, yeobo" Mrs Park said

" At least this house won't be so quiet. He's doing fine. Managing the company there is a tough work but he'll be home soon." Mr Park replied