Fourteen

Dreams

 

Nana

 

I stood there, amongst the not-so-patient fans, who had been there since the crack of dawn. I’m not even sure why I had suddenly decided to come out to here. Looking around about 40% of the girls here were in uniform, so it was obvious they had skipped school. Many clutched gift bags, and fan signs as they stood impatiently for the boys that consumed their entire attention to arrive. As the flight number travelled slowly towards the top of the board, the murmuring began to turn into louder conversation, as the excitement began to overwhelm these schoolgirls.

 

Huge cameras were whipped out in preparation for the five minutes there had to shoot good photos of ‘Oppa’. Previously seated fans stood up and the guards tightened their linked arms to hold the fans back. Before I knew it, the chanting started. It started with names, before moving onto songs. I watched amused as confused overseas travellers arrived at the ramp to see hundred of fan girls screaming and singing. They took a quick glance at the sea of bodies before quickly towing their luggage to get away from the madness.

The boys were set to appear at any moment, and there were camera flashes going off everywhere, illuminating the arrival gates. Thirty seconds later, the boys that these girls had waited hours for appeared at the doors. All eleven boys appeared at the top of the ramp and waved at the crowd of, now uncontrollable, fan girls, before being guided by staff. The constant screaming of girls was close to unbearable as they headed towards the exit doors. The guards struggled to hold the line, as girls pushed to be closer to their idols. The line invariably collapsed and the two metre gap for the idols to walk through because but a mass of bodies, with the only thing separating them from their idols were a slim arm of the guards. The eleven boys pushed through the crowd and headed for their cars, in hurry to be home after their exhaustive flight.

 

The door of the van slid open, and members started to pile in. Kris being the first one in, looked in surprise to see me, curled up in the backseat with sunglasses and a scarf to try and hide my identity if a fan girl got a photo. He slid into one of the middle seats, as the second person entered the fan. Lay still looked half-asleep as he stumbled into the seat next to me. Sighing as he relaxed into the chair, thankful to be free of the crowds of the airport. Unplugging his earphones, he turned to the window and continued to wave to the surging crowd of fans, as the van filled up.

 

With all seats taken, the van started to move, and the chase began. Lay looked at me curiously as the van sped down the highway with several taxi’s following closely.

 

“Why are you here?” he enquired softly.

 

Looking down at me hands, not sure of what the answer was, I merely smiled as a response.

 

Lay

 

I was initially shocked to see Nana sitting in the backseat as if was the most normal thing in the world. Luckily I was wearing sunglasses, so my surprise was less evident. I didn’t say anything to her at first, but I was curious to why she was here, and whether she was held up before the plane took off.

 

“What are you here?” I asked, she merely shyly smiled in return. My mind began running faster, was she here for me? What does that smile mean? Did she know that crazy fans were chasing us, and it was very dangerous?

 

“You should put your seatbelt on” I indicated, she obliged. “You do know this is dangerous right? You shouldn’t have come today.” As I said this, the car swerved to the right, as the manager tried to avoid a taxi cutting him off, the faces of the fans plastered to the back window, trying to get a glimpse of us. Her hands gripped the chair as the van continued to weave between cars trying to lose the fans. As we neared our apartment the van started to slow, before coming to a halt in front of our apartment.

 

I looked over to see Nana still clutching the seat tightly, eyes staring straight forward.

 

“Nana” I called. No reaction. “Nana” I tried I again, her head turned slowly, eyes unfocused. “You can let the seat go now, we’re home.” She continued to stare as if I had grown a third eye. I reached out, and pried her death grip off the chair. I chuckled, seeing her so shocked. She had never been in the same car as us before, so she doesn’t know of the driving tactics of our manager. She exited the car rather unceremoniously, almost tripping when she moved away from the car. We headed up to our apartment while she was still in a daze.

 

As the front door was opened, we were greeted with Tae and Suho, who looked much better after a few days of rest. All twelve of us stumbled into the apartment, weary from our travels, and Nana from the car chase. I slumped down on the couch, breathing in the scent, that I had missed while being overseas. Who would’ve thought I would miss the couch? Realising that I needed to change I headed to my room. I started looking through my drawer for clothes when I heard someone enter. Thinking that it was Chen, I continued to look for clothes, throwing underwear and pants towards the bed.

 

“Uh?”

 

I turned around, to see Nana standing behind me with my underwear hanging off her shoulder. Flushing red, I grabbed the underwear and pants and shoved them back in the drawer.

 

“Sorry” I coughed out, trying to hide my red cheeks.

 

“It’s ok” she replied, “I just wanted to see if you were alright…that’s all” she mumbled.

 

“Uh, yeah. A little tired from the flight, but I think I did better in the car than you” I smiled. She flushed pink in return, coughing to ease the awkwardness that now existed between us.

 

“Um, so I wanted to say” she said distractedly, while tracing the carpet with her foot, “that I was meant to ring you, but left my phone in the apartment, as we took Suho to the hospital, and I tried to ring you from the Nurse’s station, but I couldn’t remember your number, and Tae wouldn’t give me her phone” she blurted out.

 

“Oh, um..that’s ok, I guess these things happen” I replied, trying to calm my now beating heart. “I got you something” I continued, before digging through my backpack. There is was at the bottom, a carefully wrapped present, with a letter attached. She looked on curiously as I produced the present, and gave it to her.

 

“Thanks” she whispered, staring at the present in her hand, curiosity written plainly across her face.  

 

“Don’t open if in front me though” I interjected, “its embarrassing.”

 

“Sure” she replied, heading towards the door. “Thanks…again”


A/N

Another chapter has finally been written. I'm trying to write longer chapters, but I'll see how it goes. Enjoy :)