Lee Hyunsoo

Before They Turn the Lights Out

“So you're actually going to move out tomorrow? Hasn't it been over a month since the divorce trials started?”

 

 

The girl nodded, “Yeah, but I tried really hard to find the apartment that I would feel the most comfortable in. And I found it just last week!”

 

 

“Oh, Hea Woo... So typical of you.” the boy laughed at his friend.

 

 

“Shut up, Hyunsoo! It's been than never moving out of that house, because I'm not going to live with him anymore. Divorce means separation, so the couple should live in a different house.”

 

 

Hyunsoo nodded in understanding, “I see, I see. But I'll be the first one to come inside, right?”

 

 

She nodded, “Yep, of course! You've been my best friend ever since I came here, so yes, you'll be the first one.”

 

 

Silence came in between them, until the girl decided to break it.

 

 

Hea Woo looked at Hyunsoo, “You know what was really weird? At work last week, before I bought the apartment, this engaged couple hired me as their planner. The weirdest thing was, was that they knew my Korean name. Well, they're Korean too, but they knew my full name, and I've never met them in my life...”

 

 

Hyunsoo looked back at her, “What were their names?”

 

 

“The girl's name was Ahn Min Hee, I think. The guy's name was Nam Woohyun. They creeped me out like that, like how the heck do they know me?” she questioned to herself.

 

 

Hyunsoo stopped in his tracks. Woohyun and Min Hee. His old friends. He missed them, he missed all of them, especially his brother, Sunggyu.

 

 

Because Lee Hyunsoo is Kim Myungsoo.

 

 

Hea Woo looked at him, “Hey, you alright? What happened to you?”

 

 

He went back into reality, “Yeah, I'm totally fine.” he caught up with her before they began walking around the park.

 

 

Hea Woo was his only source of being near family again, even if that means he would have to start a whole new friendship with his brother's girlfriend.

 

 

He missed having hot chocolate with them every week on Movie Night. He missed playing board games until midnight as they see who falls asleep first.

 

 

He especially missed Eumi, but she was also a gangster. Just on the enemy's side.

 

 

That made him realize that he hated what he did, and left the country to make a new life, just so he isn't reminded of his past.

 

 

“Christmas is coming in a few days, Hyunsoo. What are you doing? You shouldn't spend it alone like last year.” Hea Woo told him, feeling the cold winter breeze pass by them.

 

 

He shrugged, “I don't know. Do you want to spend Christmas with me?”

 

 

“If mother doesn't mind, then I can. Oh, spend Christmas with me at my new apartment! We can hang up some last minute decorations and drink hot chocolate while watching a Christmas movie! Lets do that!” she suggested.

 

 

“Sure,” he nodded, “I don't mind. Do you want to meet up at Union Square, and then take the subway over to your new apartment?”

 

 

“If I don't get lost on the way there, then alright. Oh, I have to go now, Hyunsoo. I'm going to get a cup of coffee and then go to work. Come help me with moving in all my furniture tomorrow!” she said.

 

 

Hyunsoo smiled, “Yeah, of course I'll go. Same cafe?”

 

 

She shook her head, “No, lets not meet at the cafe. I'll text you my address tonight so I don't get lost on my first day there. Alright? Bye, Hyunsoo!” she hugged him before she bid goodbye and ran off to her favorite coffee shop.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Sunggyu was finally in New York City, as he roamed the streets of Manhattan through Times Square. He was looking through Hea Woo's journal, looking around to find an entry about things she loved to do when she was in NYC when she was younger.

 

 

- - - -

 

May 27, 2014

 

When I talked about New York again with Daejung appa, we went through memory lane. He always loved this coffee shop in front of Starbucks in Times Square. He'd buy me plenty of pastries as he drank his daily dose of black coffee. I remember that cafe, actually. The next time I come back, I'll be with Sunggyu oppa. That cafe will be one of the first places we'll go to. It also surprised me how Daejung appa told me that he would take me to the New Year's Eve Ball Drop every year I was there. He always said I fell asleep while being piggybacked every year. Can I do that with Sunggyu oppa too? There's so much I want to do, but I think it will annoy him...

 

 

 

He sighed as he closed the book and walked around again to find a cafe in front of Starbucks. It took him a good thirty minutes, but he finally found it.

 

 

Sunggyu was shivering because he only had a thin jacket. It was time for him to go shopping after the cafe, but it was his own mission to look around first for Hea Woo before leaving.

 

 

He waited for a good fifteen minutes before he left the cafe and headed for a clothing store.

 

 

“This is going to be a fun adventure...” he sighed to himself as he walked into a clothing store, “I wish I just saw you again...”

 

 

After he went shopping, he had no other choice but to check into a hotel for the night. Of course, he wasn't going to expect to see her the minute he arrives at Times Square, but his longing of seeing her again is just too large. He's just impatient.

 

 

It for him though, he decided to leave when it would be Christmas in Korea by tomorrow morning.

 

 

He remembered his first Christmas with Hea Woo. All of them had to dress up as different Christmas themed characters. They were either penguins, Santa Clause, Elves, snowmen, The Grinch, or reindeer. When they all walked into the dining room, everyone had different characters, as Sunggyu and Hea Woo both dressed up as reindeer.

 

 

It was an awkward Christmas.

 

 

But it was Sunggyu's favorite.

 


 

Hey my sweeties! ♥ I wake up with such a bad morning, but then I see that I have nineteen subscribers already? Plus I'm now visiting my favorite family member today as well! It made me so happy that I decided to post up the second chapter. There will be some days when I'll reply to your comments because I'd be in a good mood. Oh, and if I ever call you sweetie and/or honey in my replies, please don't mind me. xD I tend to call accquaintances and my friends during dance practices "sweetie" and/or "honey," and it just stuck with me. Thank you my sweeties, I will try to write the next chapter as soon as possible ♥ Love all of you~     -Rachie