Forgiven

Before They Turn the Lights Out

Eumi woke up at eleven in the morning, and she noticed that her new roommate still hadn't come back yet.

 

 

“Wow... That loner is probably still at Hea Woo's place. What an idiot...” she said to herself as she walked over to the bathroom.

 

 

When Eumi was dressed, she sat back down on her bed, having no idea what to do.

 

 

Talk to Myungsoo!” a voice in her head told her.

 

 

She shook her head tapping her temples, “No... No...Not now...”

 

 

If you talk to him, then you'll get it over with it already than killing yourself slowly! Please!” the same voice said again.

 

 

Eumi sighed, “I can't...”

 

 

You know you want to... You want to know why he's like this. So go, grab your bag and just go. Listen to your heart, and listen to your mind because your mind is saying this too!”

 

 

She got up, grabbed her bag, and walked out. The voice in her mind was somehow right.

 

 

She walked out of the lobby, and made her way in the streets of Manhattan to the Wedding shop. When she walked into the elevator, she wanted to back out.

 

 

You can do this, Bang Eumi!” the voice said for the last time.

 

 

Eumi breathed in deeply and pressed the number seven on the elevator. The chime rang, notifying the passenger that they were at the floor already.

 

 

She walked out, and opened the door leading to the main office, where she saw Myungsoo looking at paperwork.

 

 

“Myung?” she called for him.

 

 

He looked up, “Eumi...” he quickly shook his head, “I mean, if you're looking for Hea Woo, it's her day off today.”

 

 

“No, it's you who I'm looking for. And please don't ignore me like last time.” she told him, standing plenty of feet away from him.

 

 

“Fine. What is it?”

 

 

She sat on one of the seats in front of his desks, “Do you know how heartbreaking it was to not know where you were for two years?! Do you want to know how much I worried about you? Do you?! Day and night, I worried that you were malnourished, that you were homeless somewhere, or hate me for saying this, dead! How could you do this to me, to us?”

 

 

Myungsoo looked away from his paperwork, and looked at her, “You think you were the only one who had their heart broken? You and your brother were on the opposite team as us. I loved you so much, and did you think I could face you after what happened there?!”

 

 

“What's so wrong with that?! If we were on opposite teams, then we could easily quit. I did that because I always remembered your expression when you saw me there every single day. I quit because I loved you as much as you loved me! But you never gave us a chance and just left me there alone with no one to turn to! You just left! You left me, you left your friends, plus, you left your own brother! Speaking of your brother, why can't you be like him? He easily forgave Yongguk and I because we simply had no knowledge of our secret identities... So why can't you?!” she yelled at him, tears already falling from her eyes.

 

 

He sighed deeply, tears also falling, “Do you want to know why I left?! My family went through the same thing! My dad fell in love with someone who was supposed to kill him, and she fell in love with him. I can't trust you, and I can't trust my company either. Your side would have killed me, and my side would have killed you. I don't want that to happen, especially because you would have been harmed. I love you Eumi, I still do, but I was just scared. And it was easy for hyung because the woman he loves was innocent. I didn't want us to turn into my mom and dad...”

 

 

She looked at him, “You... You still love me? You really do...?”

 

 

He looked back at her, eyes meeting, as he nodded, straight foward, “Yeah, of course I do. You're my first love, and you'll always be. You know, I always thought that we would be a couple. I was always envious of Woohyun and Min Hee, because they were the perfect couple. Woohyun's greasy always took her on dates, almost everyday if possible. He loves her so much, like the way I loved you before I ran away, and I still do.”

 

 

Eumi was so surprised, she didn't expect him to say all of this so honestly. Maybe it was because no one else was there? She didn't know, but those words touched her heart.

 

 

It was very silent for a few minutes. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of the clock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Not one of them spoke a word for those minutes.

 

 

Eumi was too surprised to answer.

 

 

Myungsoo was too embarrassed by his words, because he finally said what he's been wanting to say for the longest time.

 

 

The boy looked up at her, “Hey, Eumi. Can I ask you a question?”

 

 

She looked back him and nodded.

 

 

“Do... you still feel the same for me?”

 

 

Eumi slowly nodded, “I wouldn't have came here if I didn't feel the same for you as before.”

 

 

He felt relieved. If she didn't, he would been embarrassed even more.

 

 

Myungsoo nervously stood up, and walked towards her. He grabbed her hand, making her stand up, “You don't even know how much I missed you...”

 

 

“I think I do know, Myungsoo. I really do, because I missed you that much too.”

 

 

One more tear came falling down his face as he cupped her face, finally deciding to lean in closer.

 

 

They finally kissed. Best part is, it's their first kiss together.

 

 

When they pulled away, Myungsoo smiled, “I'm sorry, about everything.”

 

 

“It's okay, I forgive you.” she answered back, pulling him into a soft hug.

 


 

hi everyone. i know you all are tired of me saying "sorry for not updating, i'm just really busy right now." but i'm also tired. i just came from a dance show last night. it's 4pm, and i only woke up three hours ago or something. and also, I've been obsessed with F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby. i want a gatsby If you've read it, tell me what you think about it! My English class is reading it, and I'm the first one to finish it in my class. That's how much I love it! Haha, anyways. This chapter is for one of my best friends, since her birthday is coming up. In a few days, actually! So here you go, Eumz~ Lub u lol