He's Changed

Before They Turn the Lights Out

When he got to the lobby, Sunggyu immediately took out his phone and called his best friend back home, Woohyun.

 

 

He didn't care if he was wasting money by calling them, he just had to tell them the news he just found out.

 

 

“Hello, Sunggyu? You finally called! Merry Christmas!” Woohyun answered.

 

 

“Merry Christmas, is everyone there? Including Eumi?” Sunggyu questioned, anticipating to tell them.

 

 

“Yeah, she is. What happened over there in New York? Did you find Hea Woo yet?”

 

 

He chuckled, “Yes, I found my girlfriend who can't remember me, but I am determined. Although I found something else... I found Myungsoo.”

 

 

“WHAT?! Where is he? How is he?!”

 

 

Chuckling again, Sunggyu shook his head, “He works at the same wedding planning company Hea Woo works at. You're an idiot.”

 

 

“Tell him we said hi... I'll give the phone to Eumi right now.”

 

 

A girl's voice was replaced instead of Woohyun's, “Hello?” Yes, it was Eumi.

 

 

“Hey, Merry Christmas. Good news, I need you to come to New York. I found Myungsoo, and he didn't lose his memory. He was just hiding from us. I need you to come now. Please, I beg of you. You're also a way to get Hea Woo back to normal...”

 

 

Silence filled the other line, “Bwoh... I mean, I can't right now... I would love to see Myungsoo again, but I just can't. I'm still healing, and if he left like that, then he doesn't want us... If I feel better by the time Min Hee and Woohyun go there, then I'll go with them... Just, Merry Christmas, Sunggyu.” she hung up the phone.

 

 

Sunggyu sighed as he put his phone down, “This is going to be impossible...”

 

 

After about ten minutes, Myungsoo and Hea Woo came down to the lobby and met up with him.

 

 

“Lets go? I'm starving!” Hea Woo clapped her hands together, waiting to walk out of the building.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Sunggyu woke up the next day in his hotel room. He was still full from last night's awkward dinner. It was really hard to refrain from saying 'Remember the time,' or 'I really miss you.' to Hea Woo.

 

 

He took out his phone and called Myungsoo, who he got his new number the night before.

 

 

“Hello?” Myungsoo answered the phone, “What do you want, hyung?”

 

 

“Myung, are you free today? Oh, Merry Christmas, by the way!” he tried his best to cheerfully greet him.

 

 

Myungsoo was straight forward, “Yeah, I'm busy today. Sorry.”

 

 

“Ah, that's okay. Well, Happy Holidays, dongsaeng.” he hung up the phone as he sighed and sat on the bed.

 

 

He wondered. Myungsoo has been acting so rude towards his own brother. It wasn't like him at all, like it was a new him.

 

 

It seemed like Myungsoo wanted to get rid of Sunggyu by acting this rude. But why?

 

 

Sunggyu decided to call back home, but instead, he ended up calling Eumi.

 

 

She answered after about ten long seconds, “Hello?” it was obvious that she was tired by the tone of her voice, “Sunggyu... It's one in the morning back here. Why do you have to call now?”

 

 

“Eumi-ah... I really need you here. Myung changed, it doesn't even seem he wants me around. He even lied to me last night, saying he didn't know where Hea Woo was. Although in reality, he became best friends with her...”

 

 

Her tone changed drastically, “Eh?! He's friends with Hea Woo and didn't have the heart to tell you when he saw you?!”

 

 

“Not at all. They work together. When we saw each other, he ran away from me. He was nice enough to give me a job, but that's it. He's so rude now, he's not like before.”

 

 

She sighed from the other line, “Fine, if what you want is for me to come there and teach him some sense, then fine. I'll try to get a flight by ten this morning. Now, can I sleep?”

 

 

“Yeah, good night, Eumi. I'll pick you up from the airport, since I'm renting a car tomorrow morning. I'll see you tomorrow.” he sighed in relief as he was about to hang up.

 

 

“Sunggyu, wait.” she stopped him, “Yongguk oppa finally contacted Himchan. He told me to give his number to you.”

 

 

“Yeah, I was needing his number. Tell me, I'll call him right after you.” he said.

 

 

Eumi gave him his number and hung up, for him to call.

 

 

Sunggyu immediately dialed the number and put the phone near his ear. He didn't know why, but he was just so ready to talk to him.

 

 

“Hello?” he answered.

 

 

“Himchan?”

 

 

“Yes? Who is this?”

 

 

The older one sighed, “It's Sunggyu.”

 

 

Silence filled the conversation for a long good minute, “Oh, hey.”

 

 

“Do you have time to talk today? I'm here in New York, and I'm alone for Christmas. I wondering if you had nothing to do like I do.” Sunggyu questioned.

 

 

“Oh, I'm free. Sure, I can have my driver pick you up in one of my cars. Where are you staying right now?”

 

 

Sunggyu told him his address, and the phone call ended.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

“So you live alone now?” Sunggyu questioned once he sat down on the couch.

 

 

Himchan nodded, “Yeah. Hea Woo just moved out yesterday though. The divorce is taking awhile, but it's getting there.”

 

 

“Mhm. So that means you get this huge house to yourself, that's really nice.” the older one commented.

 

 

“True, but gets lonely a lot. Even before the divorce, I was always here alone because she was always at her own work with Myungsoo.”

 

 

Sunggyu took a sip of tea that a maid provided, “You know that Myungsoo's here?”

 

 

Himchan chuckled, “Yeah, I have been. Look here, Sunggyu. I have a feeling that you should really watch over him, even if he's your brother.”

 

 

“What? Why?”

 

 

“I think your brother likes your girlfriend. Did he tell you who he was spending Christmas with? He's spending it with Hea Woo. He's really close with her, like you were with her before you two got together. Watch him, because now that he changed, I don't even know what he can do. That's why I stop by their business once in awhile to make sure he's not doing anything stupid towards her.”

 


 

hahahaha please don't kill me for what i did with myungsoo, or may i say hyunsoo. this wasn't supposed to happen, but then i told myself, "wouldn't there be more drama if myungsoo was one of the main problems for sunggyu...?" and then it just stuck onto me. oh, happy new year everyone! i hope you all have a fantastic year~ i have so much round fruits now hahaha did any of you jump when the clock striked midnight? haha, my filipino subscribers will get me there. bye sweeties~