Liar

Before They Turn the Lights Out

The next day, Sunggyu walked out of his hotel to the busy streets in Times Square. It was more cold than yesterday, which made him shiver. He walked over to the same coffee shop from the day before.

 

 

He ordered a Creme Brulee latte and sat down at one of the tables. Sighing, he put his backpack on the table and took a sip of his drink.

 

 

In New York, it was already Christmas Eve, and back home, it was Christmas Day.

 

 

“I need to find a way to call them without using so much money...”

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Hyunsoo, or as we know as Myungsoo, left his apartment and headed to his favorite coffee shop to start off his morning.

 

 

Little did he know, his brother was at the same coffee shop.

 

 

Myungsoo had his camera around his neck and took pictures of the streets as he usually does. When he arrived at the shop, he turned off his camera and walked inside.

 

 

Sunggyu, who was facing the door, was on his phone when his brother walked inside. If he wasn't, he would easily be able to see his brother.

 

 

Sighing again, he put his phone away and drank a little bit more of his coffee. He put his drink down and looked around the shop.

 

 

Bingo.

 

 

The brothers met eyes as Myungsoo was heading towards the line.

 

 

Myungsoo always pictured himself, when he sees any of them again, he would be calm and introduce himself as Lee Hyunsoo. Now that the time has come, it was way different.

 

 

He ran away from him and ran back towards Times Square.

 

 

Sunggyu grabbed his backpack and his drink and ran out of the coffee shop to chase after him. He was still tired, he was jetlagged, “Yah, Kim Myungsoo!” he yelled, “Please don't run away from me!”

 

 

Myungsoo panicked. If he realized what he was supposed to do, this chase wasn't supposed to happen. However, he started to slow down, making his brother catch up to him.

 

 

Sunggyu pulled on his shoulder, “Myungsoo! What the hell?!”

 

 

“M-Myungsoo? What do you mean? My name is Hyunsoo, not Myungsoo.” he failed at lying.

 

 

“If you're not my brother, then you wouldn't have ran. Also, Myungsoo's favorite thing was taking pictures, he always had that camera around, with a small sticker like I see right here. Plus, Myungsoo wouldn't be wearing a jacket I gave him for his birthday when he was sixteen. Myungsoo, don't lie to me.” he pointed out all the facts he could see.

 

 

A tear fell from Myungsoo's face, and he couldn't say anything at all.

 

 

Sunggyu sighed, “Come here.” he pulled his brother in for a hug, “I'm so glad I found you, I'm so glad that I can see you again...”

 

 

- - - -

 

 

“Hyung. Why did you come here?” Myungsoo questioned, “Do you know how dangerous it is here without any support?”

 

 

Sunggyu sighed, “I came because I wanted to find Hea Woo. Do you have any idea where I can find her?”

 

 

He froze. His brother's girlfriend is his new best friend.

 

 

“No, I don't. If I knew where she was, then I'd invite her over.” he lied.

 

 

Myungsoo had no idea why he lied to his own brother. To the others, he would, but not to his blood related brother.

 

 

The older brother sighed once again, “Well, I guess I'll just have a harder time to find her then... By the way, out of all places, why did you pick New York?”

 

 

He shrugged, “I liked New York by what we see on TV, and I decided to give it a try. Here I am now, I'm a professional photographer with a friend's business.”

 

 

“I see, that's good. It's good that you're able to support yourself.”

 

 

Myungsoo nodded, “Wait. Why did you come here so late? You could have came two years ago, but... I don't know. Were you lazy or something?”

 

 

“I just came out of a coma almost three weeks ago, if I was awake then she would be back with me by now.”

 

 

“Oh.” Myungsoo replied, “Well I have to go to work soon, hyung. Are you planning on staying in New York for awhile?”

 

 

He nodded, “Yeah, I am. Well, however long it will take me to get Hea Woo back. I'm not leaving this country unless she leaves with me.”

 

 

His younger brother sighed, “I know a place hiring for more workers. They'd like you because you worked in Hye Jung's coffee shop before. It's that place where you found me earlier. You remember where that place was, right? Tell them that you're my brother, they'll be glad to accept you.”

 

 

“Yeah, I remember. I'll leave now, and go there.” he stood up from his brother's studio apartment.

 

 

Myungsoo also stood up, “I'll go to the bathroom then I'll go to work.” he walked into the bathroom, leaving Sunggyu all alone.

 

 

The older brother looked around the studio, and found a business card. It was for a business called Melody Delight Wedding Services. The names of the workers were Hyunsoo Lee, who was Myungsoo, and a girl named Xiena Kim.

 

 

“I'll go visit him after going to the shop...” he put the card in his backpack, and continued waiting for his brother.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

“Merry Christmas!” Sungjong screamed in the kitchen, getting all the food into the dining room.

 

 

Hoya rolled his eyes, “How many times have you said that in the past hour. We get it, it's Christmas. Now be quiet.”

 

 

Min Hee walked into the dining room, “Hey, you guys. We're here, Merry Christmas!”

 

 

Sungjong looked at her, “Merry Christmas! Did you guys pick up Eumi?”

 

 

She nodded, “Yeah, she's getting her gifts for all of you. She has a lot like always, so Woohyun volunteered to help her.”

 

 

When dinner started, everyone was silent. It's the second year spending Christmas without Sunggyu, Myungsoo, and Hea Woo.

 

 

Min Hee decided to break the silence, “Hey... You guys don't know why Sunggyu left so suddenly, right?”

 

 

Sungyeol shook his head, “No, Tablo samcheon doesn't want to talk about it. Well, he really doesn't.”

 

 

She looked at her fiance, sighing, and looked back at everyone at the table, “Well, you guys know how Woohyun and I wanted to have our wedding in New York, right? Well, we were looking through planners, and guess who we found? We found Hea Woo, and she owns her own wedding planning agency. The only thing is, is that she doesn't remember us. She's suffering from Amnesia.”

 

 

All of them were shocked to hear that.

 

 

“What?!” Hoya screamed, “She's in New York?! So Sunggyu is there now?”

 

 

The couple nodded, “Yeah.” they said in unison.

 

 

“Let's just pray that someday, we can have all three of them back with us... I miss them so much...” Eumi sighed.

 

 

“You can say that again...” Sungjong faintly replied back, “We aren't complete...”

 


 

Alright, before I confuse people and myself even more... I will call Myungsoo by his real name when he is with Sunggyu only, with the others back home, and when he's with Sunggyu and Hea Woo. I will only call him Hyunsoo when he is only with Hea Woo. Thank you sweeties!