XO

Before They Turn the Lights Out

Longer chapter this time, everyone! Thank you for an amazing experience writing this <3

 

Hea Woo and Myungsoo stood next to each other as he was taking pictures of the bridesmaids and groomsmen that walked into the reception hall.

 

 

“You're going along with them when they leave, right?” Hea Woo questioned.

 

 

“Yeah,” Myungsoo answered while still concentrating on taking pictures, “I'm going to be with family, I want to be with family. I really hope you aren't mad at me about this, I'm leaving the business behind.”

 

 

She chuckled, “No, I understand. I'm definitely not mad at you, because of course, family is family. I have something to confess, actually. This is the last wedding I'm planning, obviously it's almost over, but I closed the shop yesterday.”

 

 

“What? Are you serious?” Myungsoo whispered, still taking pictures, “Why did you close it?”

 

 

She inhaled deeply as she looked at the bridesmaids and groomsmen, “Although it was fun being in charge of organizing a couple's perfect wedding, I want to organize the perfect life I desire. Ever since I graduated high school, I want to go to college. Actually, I got accepted into NYU for Creative Writing.”

 

 

He looked at her, “That's great, strive for what you desire. Are you ever going to Seoul one day, though?”

 

 

Hea Woo turned his head to make him pay attention to his job, “Definitely. I mean, I have family here, and you have family in Seoul. I'll visit, maybe in a few years, of course.”

 

 

“You better. You may not fully remember who we are, but you're family to us also.”

 

 

She smiled, and she was content.

 

 

There was silence with them for awhile, until she whispered something only Myungsoo could hear, “Do you remember the times when it was you, Sunggyu, Sungjong, Min Hee, and I in French class and we would always make each other laugh, even if we were presenting a project?”

 

 

Myungsoo looked at her in shock, “What did you just say? We didn't say anything about French last night...”

 

 

Hea Woo placed her index finger on her lips, “Shh, our little secret for now. Get back to work.” she turned his head back to focus.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Hea Woo's professional objective today was complete: she had organized a wedding that has made Min Hee and Woohyun happy. She enjoyed seeing other couples happy in the past, however, this wedding was special for her. Not only it was the last, but her best friend is Min Hee, and Woohyun was one of the ten people who greatly impacted her life.

 

 

The two are family now, surrounded by their own family.

 

 

Hea Woo went up to Min Hee and Woohyun with her gift in her arms, she tapped on the other girl's shoulder, causing her to turn around.

 

 

“Oh, Hea Woo. What is it?” Min Hee questioned with a smile on her face.

 

 

She took a deep breath, “I was wondering if you had a minute. All of you, the ones from yesterday, when we talked for hours. I kind of want to talk to you guys.”

 

 

Min Hee nodded, “Of course, let us grab the others.”

 

 

“Alright, I'll meet you all at the gazebo in the garden.” she smiled at them as she walked outside.

 

 

Within a few minutes, their entire “family” group came out to the gazebo, with only Sunggyu and Myungsoo being the ones who were not ignorant.

 

 

Min Hee looked at Hea Woo, “What did you want to tell us, Hea Woo?”

 

 

“I know wedding gifts aren't opened until after the wedding, but I really wanted to see you open this. This is a thank you gift to all of you, especially you two, Min Hee and Woohyun.” the other girl said as she handed them the wrapped gift.

 

 

Woohyun looked at her, “Hea Woo, why are you scaring us?”

 

 

Hea Woo smiled, “Just open it.”

 

 

The newlywed couple began opening the gift as the others crowded around them. Sunggyu stood by his girlfriend, smiling in relief, mouthing, “Thank you.”

 

 

The girl only nodded as a response, and moved her focus back on her family.

 

 

The gift, was a photobook, and it was filled with pictures of the past. Significant pictures of the two best friends, pictures of them with the energetic Dongwoo and Sungyeol. The picture that hit them all the most was their group picture of the twelve of them looking like one of the happiest families in the world.

 

 

They flipped the page, and there was a letter glued onto the page:

 

 

Dear Everyone, especially the newlyweds,

 

 

Thank you for giving me a whole year of secureness and teaching me that nothing's over when it comes to life. Thank you, Min Hee and Eumi for helping me overcoming my fear during Winter Ball. Thank you, Dongwoo and Hoya for being my biggest role models when it came to dance and for giving me knowledge of the art of dance. Thank you Sungyeol, Woohyun and Sungjong for teaching me that smiling and laughter is the best medicine, now I don't look for retail therapy anymore. Thank you Hyunsoo, ahem, Myungsoo for being the one I counted on for two years, even though you never bothered on telling me the truth, I understand why you couldn't though. Thank you, Sunggyu for teaching me that giving up is the last choice and should definitely be non-existent in my dictionary, proving it by coming to fetch me back, being my first love and all. Especially a big thank you to Tablo samcheon and Hye Jung gomo, the both of you saved me when I rebelled against my mother's decisions. The both of you became like my parents. I am so thankful I met all of you. Especially this year, when Min Hee and Woohyun came wanting a wedding, I will always believe the both of you sparked my recovery. Forgive me for thinking you all made me a fool, because now I realize that I was the one who made myself a fool. Thank you for helping me get to full recovery, seriously. Okay, now that all my ugly tears are gone, who wants to watch White Chicks?

 

                                                                                                                           Love,

                                                                                                                                 Yoo Hea Woo”

 

 

The last thing you knew, you were brought into a tight group hug, hearing, “Finally!” “Thank you!” and “Welcome back!”

 

 

You were glad you were back, you most definitely were.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

“Hea Woo talked about it last night and we came into an agreement.” Sunggyu said, “Hea Woo's staying in New York, and I'm staying with her.”

 

 

All of their eyes widened, “Bwoh?!” Sungjong shouted in shock, “Are you serious? But Seoul is your home...”

 

 

The eldest of the seven boys nodded, “It'll only be for a few years, we'll most definitely move back. I thought it was a good opportunity to go back to school and still be with Hea Woo. I'm not being separated again from her. Who knows what will happen this time?”

 

 

Hea Woo smiled, “You guys, don't be so sad. Don't think about it now. It's Woohyun and Min Hee's day, so lets go back inside and have a good rest of the night! What do you think, for the two of them.”

 

 

Everyone ended up giving a smile, and began heading back to the venue.

 

 

They were all glad Hea Woo remembers all of them, but they were heavily discouraged by the fact that she and Sunggyu would be staying behind. However, tonight isn't the night to be thinking that.

 

 

Fast songs were playing, and Hoya, Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Sungjong were raving with the music, and the rest of them were just laughing at them, it was expected mostly from those four.

 

 

Eumi went up to Hea Woo, “Hey.”

 

 

Hea Woo smiled at her, “Hey, Eumi. Sorry about earlier, I guess I really just wanted to surprise everyone in such a dramatic way.”

 

 

The other girl chuckled, “It's alright, it was pretty surprising though. Are you ever coming to visit within the next few years?”

 

 

She shook her head, “There's a very slight chance that I will, but Sunggyu will most likely visit, knowing him. Why'd you ask?”

 

 

“It's just, it's been lonely without you guys the past few years...We felt really empty.”

 

 

Hea Woo looked at her friend, “Look, what you need to focus on now is your life. You finally have Myungsoo back, and that's what is most important. Don't be discouraged with that fact that there are a few empty spots in the family, because within these years, who knows, someone with infant feet may take that same spot.”

 

 

“Are you saying that we'll end up having babies this early?”

 

 

“Not necessarily, maybe. Like I said, you need to focus on your life with Myungsoo, like how Min and Woohyun are going to focus on their lives together as a married couple. Do you get what I mean?”

 

 

Eumi slowly nodded, “Yeah, I understand.”

 

 

After about an hour, slow songs were being played, and plenty of the guests were on the dance floor, dancing with a partner.

 

 

Hea Woo was standing next to Myungsoo, being in charge on the wedding and all, and she looked at him, “Hey, put that camera down. You should dance with your girlfriend.”

 

 

“Are you sure? I don't want to have the other photographers to do more work.”

 

 

She grabbed his camera away from him, “Let them go, and I want you to have fun.”

 

 

Myungsoo smiled, “Thanks Hea Woo, it means a lot.” he soon went after his girlfriend, hoping to snatch a dance.

 

 

Little did she know, Sunggyu came up to her, grabbed her hand, and brought her to the dance floor.

 

 

“What the? Sunggyu, what are you doing?”

 

 

He smiled, “I've been waiting to dance with you again for almost three years. Just once, alright?”

 

 

A smile crept on her face as she put her arms around his neck, “You know, while I was an amnesiac, I would imagine how my “first” slow dance would go... I'm glad you were the firsts.”

 

 

Your love is bright as ever, even in the shadows. Baby, kiss me, before they turn the lights out. Your heart is glowing, and I'm crashing into you. Oh baby, kiss me, before they turn the lights out, baby love me lights out. In the darkest night hour, I search through the crowd. Your face is all that I see, I gave you everything. Baby love me lights out, you can turn my lights out.”

 

 

They were all truly happy, and today meant a lot for all of them.

 

 

They can all wake up and think positively instead of full of worry.

 

 

Hea Woo looked at her other girl friends, and they all had a big smile on their faces. She was finally happy. She looked at her boyfriend, and pulled him in an embrace, “Thank you...”

 

 

“You're welcome, love.”  

 


 

The last real chapter omo T_T I actually cried writing this... Well, I really hope you all enjoyed this story, and I'll see all of you in the epilogue! 

Btw, if any of you want the song that I "played," it is called XO by Beyonce.