Normal

Before They Turn the Lights Out

It was getting late, almost reaching midnight, and Sunggyu was outside leaning against his apartment door. He continuously knocked on her door and there was no answer on her part, so he decided to just wait unless she was out.

 

 

However, midnight became one in the morning, and his eyes were closing. Also, Hea Woo wouldn't be out at this time. She told him before when he and the amnesiac her got to know each other, that she hated night-time, and darkness. He knew she was home but didn't want to answer anyone.

 

 

He walked up to her apartment door once again, and knocked a few times.

 

 

Minutes passed, and he knocked several more times, “Hea Woo-ah... I know you're in there, and I know you're awake. Please open the door...”

 

 

There was only silence for a few moments.

 

 

“Leave me alone, Sunggyu... I don't want to talk to you...” he could hear her soft voice from the other side.

 

 

He sighed, “You're talking now, aren't you? Hea Woo, please, I really need to talk to you...”

 

 

That's when he heard the lock move, and her door opened, “You can come in, if you want...” she told him before moving to the side.

 

 

Sunggyu smiled softly, “I'd like that.” he sighed in relief and walked inside her apartment.

 

 

“I'm giving you ten minutes to talk, Sunggyu. I won't interrupt you... However, is it alright with you if I say something first? You may not need to speak afterwards...” she advised him, closing the door behind her.

 

 

He nodded, “Of course, go ahead. I won't interrupt you either.”

 

 

She sighed deeply, “Daejung appa came back from Seoul a few months ago, but I never got the chance to see him... This morning, I woke up to knocks on my door and I saw that it was him, and he brought someone else along. Her name was Hye Jung, and the three of us talked for hours. I remember so many things, and she talked about how bad my mother was, and how it was like with us in the cafe. After they left, I went straight to my doctor... Sunggyu, he said that I'm good to go...” tears fell from her face, but she swiftly wiped them away, “I remember Tablo samcheon, the others, my friendship with Min Hee and Eumi, and most importantly, you... I remember everything now...”

 

 

Tears also fell from his face, “If you remember everything, why were you ignoring me and telling me to go away?”

 

 

“Honestly, I wanted to wait for Min and Woohyun's wedding to tell anyone, especially as a gift, because I haven't gone shopping yet...”

 

 

Sunggyu immediately hugged her tightly, “It is you... I missed you so much, Hea Woo-ah...”

 

 

She hugged him back just as tight as he did, “I can't say the same because I was an amnesiac for two years, but Sunggyu... I love you.”

 

 

“I love you too, my idiot.” he sighed in relief, hugging her a tad bit tighter.

 

 

She looked at her boyfriend, “What? I'm still an idiot?”

 

 

He chuckled at her, “Oh who are you kidding, Hea Woo? You have never changed.”

 

 

“Hmm... True...”

 

 

- - - -

 

 

It was the day of the rehearsal, technically the day before the big day, and Sunggyu and Hea Woo were on their way to the venue for the last rehearsal.

 

 

“It was really nice of you to ask your Daejung appa to use his house for their rehearsal dinner.” Sunggyu said as he took a right turn.

 

 

“Mhm, it was nice of him to say yes. Then again, he'd say yes to anything that involves me, plus he visited them about two years ago, he told me it was around the time mother took me away, so he knows who they are. Oh, oppa, did you buy your gift for them yet?”

 

 

Looking straight at the road, he slowly shook his head, “You wouldn't mind going shopping for a gift with me, right?”

 

 

She chuckled, looking out at the window, “And you called me an idiot since I didn't have a gift yet... However, I'd love to go with you, because I need to buy mine too.” she started laughing, leaning back against the car seat.

 

 

There was a few minutes of silence until Sunggyu decided to say something, “Hea Woo-ah. After you tell them that your memory has recovered, do you want to move back to Seoul?”

 

 

Hea Woo sighed as she shrugged, “I don't know. I mean, I'd like to have more memories here, however I'd like to be with everyone else again.”

 

 

“Mhm, I see. I just wanted to know.”

 

 

She looked at him, “Sunggyu? If I wanted to stay here, would you stay with me the way you came to “help” me recover?”

 

 

There was a slight pause, “I'd have to think about it for awhile... It's just, family is back in Seoul, and I never imagined leaving them behind for so long. Myungsoo may have lived here, but he's moving back after the wedding. I don't know if he told you about that.”

 

 

“He told me last week, when Eumi came... I have family here again too, and I wouldn't want to leave, as much as you would want to go back to Seoul.”

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Min Hee and Woohyun went up to Hea Woo, who was with her uncle, laughing and once again thanking him for the use of his house. Min Hee tapped the younger girl's shoulder, “Hea Woo?”

 

 

She turned around, and smiled at them, “Hi, Min Hee, Woohyun. What's the matter?”

 

 

“We just wanted to thank you,” Woohyun said, “For still being our planner even though what happened was quite not what we expected to happen.”

 

 

Hea Woo smiled again, “That's alright. I understand, it was my fault for overreacting. We all just have to accept that I can't remember much. I'm still trying to recover, but just cope with me.”

 

 

The couple nodded with a smile, “Thank you, Hea Woo. We really mean it...” Min Hee told her.

 

 

Their planner put both of her thumbs up, “You're welcome, it's my pleasure. However, would you mind telling me some things about me before I turned out as who I am now?”

 

 

Min Hee nodded, “Of course, anything that helps you recover to normal! Come with us, we'll bring you to our friends, who were also your friends too before you became an amnesiac.”

 

 

The couple walked off somewhere, as Hea Woo followed them, and she saw them all at a distance. She met eyes with Sunggyu, her beloved boyfriend, and smiled at him.

 

 

He smiled back at her, and he was content to have her back in his arms.

 

 

However, the two of them just loved playing such a trick on their friends and family. Pretending to still suffer from Amnesia was hilarious to them.


hellooooo~ hello all my readers! I have finally updated, please forgive me. I will try to write the rest of the few remaining chapters as quick as I can while finalizing my new fic. It will not be Yugyeom anymore, but it will be Jackson instead. Please forgive me if you any of you were awaiting a maknae fanfic. i'll see you at the next chapter! I will be skipping to the reception in the next chapter :)