It's Been Eight Years

Before They Turn the Lights Out

“Yah, Sang Kyu! Don't be rude to your sister, apologize.”

 

 

Sang Kyu looked at his mother, and to his older sister, “Sorry, Hea Jung...”

 

 

Hea Jung gave him a bad look, “I do not like you, Sang Kyu. You're mean... I don't like mean people.” she pouted, running to her father, “Appa, Sang Kyu is always mean to me!”

 

 

Sunggyu lifted his daughter in his arms and walked over to his son, “Now you two, behave. Be nice to your aunties, uncles, and cousins that are coming. Especially your Tablo harabeoji, okay? Also, your mom wouldn't want to see you two fighting.”

 

 

Hea Woo came out of the kitchen, “Yeobo, can you help me? I need help bringing the food to the dining room, and Min Hee called saying that they're arriving soon.”

 

 

He put Hea Jung down and sped to the kitchen, “I can't believe we're going to see them after four years.”

 

 

“Yeah, the first time we visited, I was bearing Sang Kyu. Four years later and I'm bearing again. Thanks, yeobo...” she sighed as she began bringing the food out.

 

 

He just laughed, “Well, partly it's not my fault. At least now that we've moved back to Seoul, we're all together again, right?”

 

 

She nodded, “Yeah, I guess that's what matters the most.”

 

 

Hea Jung ran to her mom and hugged her leg, “Mommy, can we go to the toy store tomorrow? Sang Kyu and I want to buy new toys!”

 

 

Their mom nodded with a smile, “Of course, honey. Your appa and I will buy the toys you want.”

 

 

“Yeobo, don't spoil them too much.” her husband commented.

 

 

She laughed, “Well as long as they don't ask for a smartphone or a tablet, I'm willing to buy them the toys they want.”

 

 

The doorbell rang, causing Hea Woo to quickly put down the dish and sped-walk to the front door, opening it and seeing it was Min Hee, Woohyun, and their little toddlers, Yunhee and Taehyun.

 

 

“Min!” the younger girl cried out, “I missed you guys!” she hugged her and also gave a hug to Woohyun. She crouched down to their kids level, “You two have gotten so big. When we first visited, Yunhee was only a few months old, obviously you don't remember me, and neither would Taehyun.”

 

 

Woohyun nodded, “Yeah, but we talk about you guys a lot so they know who you are.”

 

 

Min Hee laughed and nodded also, “We do, but they're kind of shy. Don't worry about it, Hea Woo. They'll warm up to you soon enough.” she patted their backs, “Kids, go introduce yourselves to Sang Kyu and Hea Jung.”

 

 

“Watch, in the near future they'll become best friends like you and I, and Sunggyu and Woohyun.” Hea Woo commented, smiling at the four toddlers.

 

 

Sunggyu smiled as well, “I can only imagine...” his smile faded away as he looked at Woohyun, “I sure do hope Taehyun won't turn out a greasy guy like you so my daughter doesn't fall in love with him.”

 

 

The older girl sighed, “That's the last thing I want happening... Don't say that, don't jinx it...”

 

 

Hea Woo looked at her best friend, “I was thinking the same exact thing...” she added, causing them all to bust into laughter.

 

 

- - - -

 

 

Eumi and Myungsoo arrived with their one year old son, Hyunki.

 

 

Tablo arrived with Hyejung, and the rest arrived soon after.

 

 

The rest of the boys either had wives and children, or were merely dating.

 

 

Tablo looked at all the kids playing with one another, he sighed deeply, “I just turned forty a couple of years ago and I already have over five grandchildren, and another one coming along... I feel so old...”

 

 

Dongwoo grinned, “That's what happens when a caring man takes in seven other kids even though he had a son on his own!”

 

 

“I'm glad appa is a good man, I wouldn't have never met the people who became family to me and drove me crazy every single day for almost a whole decade, but not that I'm complaining.” Sungjong laughed.

 

 

Hoya patted his head, “You are very much welcome, Sungjong. I'm glad we made you insane.”

 

 

Hea Woo smiled as she looked at everyone, she was content, everyone was content. It was like these past years of being away from their big family was replaced just by the first time seeing them after their move.

 

 

It's been eight years since Min Hee and Woohyun got married. About a year after, Sunggyu and Hea Woo got married since she finally divorced Himchan, and so did Myungsoo and Eumi.

 

 

Hea Woo looked at Sunggyu, “I'm glad we moved back... Don't you feel the same?”

 

 

“Definitely,” he quickly agreed, “Not only have we reunited with family, but also the kids can live where we were raised.”

 

 

There was a slight silence before Hea Woo rested her head on her husband's shoulder, “Thank you.”

 

 

“For what?”

 

 

She closed her eyes, “I don't know, for everything. Everything you showed me, everything you taught me. Just... everything.”

 

 

Sunggyu smiled, “You taught me plenty of things also, never forget that.”

 

 

Hea Woo looked at him, “Agreed. Our separation proved that we loved each other, and that absolutely nothing could turn our lights out. I love you, Kim Sunggyu.”

 

 

“I love you too, Yoo Hea Woo. Like you said, only something as cruel as death could turn our lights out.”

 


 

This marks the end of Before They Turn The Lights Out... Oh my gosh, I'm tearing. Ever since I started Dangerously in Love to this fanfic, it was such a bumpy rollercoaster. I've had countless headaches, but knowing that it's over, my heart feels numb. Thank all of you for such a fantastic experience. I will post another chapter with my new GOT7's Junior fanfic when I create the foreword. Thank you, here are countless amounts of kisses and cookies! <3