Her Journal

Before They Turn the Lights Out

It's been two weeks ever since Sunggyu has been released from the hospital, and he was cleaning out the attic since they were moving in a few days.

 

 

He was looking through boxes until something dropped, and it was a journal. The journal was lime green and had white and pink faux flowers attached onto it. It was Hea Woo's.

 

 

He opened it and looked at the first entry.

 

- - - -

 

January 13, 2014

 

Well, this is my first entry... I feel like I should rant out to this instead of bugging Sunggyu oppa with all my troubles. Of course I can't tell that idiot that I like him just yet, and I can't scream that I want to quit dance team. All it's doing is pissing me off because I'm the junior class captain. I wish Sunggyu oppa wasn't so annoyed of me, so I didn't have to waste money to buy this diary...wait, I'll call you a journal. But I guess I have to. Gosh, all this stress makes me want to cry. Plus work... Why can't happiness come to me sometimes?!

 

- - - -

 

January 19, 2014

 

Wow, hello again, journal. I should really have a name for you... xD I'll think of one someday. But yeah, Winter Ball killed me. We confessed to each other... and I'm so confused. What if he asks me out? I'm scared of relationships, that's why I backed out of that arranged marriage. I always heard my old friends say how their boyfriends cheated on them, and I don't want that to happen to me... What if Sunggyu is like that? Although, I think I'm the only female he talks to. It would still scare me... Ah, eottokae. What should I say? What should I do? You know though, writing in this attic is quite... calming. No one's looking for me!

 

 

 

Sunggyu kept on reading, just incase it would lead anywhere to where she might be.

 

 

“If Min Hee wasn't with Woohyun right now, I would ask her where Hea Woo would be...” he sighed to himself as he turned the page.

 

- - - -

 

May 26, 2014

 

Where does Sunggyu oppa go almost every night? He always comes home tired and I feel so bad for him... What if he's clubbing? But then again, Sunggyu oppa proved his faithful-ness towards me months ago. But hey, Daejung appa just came back from New York! One thing he told me is that he left because he found out that mother will be expanding the company to the States, to New York! Wow... How weird, she would make the company near home...

 

- - - -

 

May 29, 2014

 

Ever since Daejung appa told Sunggyu and I that I was supposed to marry that rude Himchan guy, I kept on thinking... I'm not saying I like that idiot, heck no! But the reason why mother wanted to expand our business to New York is because of us. Once we get married (hopefully she doesn't find me, I want to stay with Sunggyu and them), she's going to make us the CEOs of the new branch. I know her too well, she would just use us for that. So if I would ever get married to Himchan, I would have to move to New York again. Wow...

 

 

 

Sunggyu's eyes widened as he held onto the journal and ran back down to his room to grab his phone. He quickly called Yongguk, “Hello, Yongguk?”

 

 

“Yeah, what happened, Sunggyu?”

 

 

“Himchan.” he started, “You said he was gone too. Have you contacted him yet?”

 

 

“Well, kind of. I got news from Daehyun about him. He's in New York, and the weird thing is, is that he's married now. But him and his wife are getting a divorce because they can't get along. It's because he said his wife doesn't love him.”

 

 

Sunggyu sighed in relief, “Thank you, Yongguk. I know where I'm headed now.”

 

 

“You're going to go there just to talk to Himchan? Daehyun has his number, I can give it to you...” Yongguk said in confusion.

 

 

“No, no. It's about something else, it's about Hea Woo.”

 

 

“What? Don't say that sh-”

 

 

“Yes, she is. Look, I'm going to get myself a ticket. Call me if you learn about anything else about them. Thanks.” he hung up and immediately went online to buy for plane tickets.

 

 

“Kids! Woohyun and Min Hee are back home!” Tablo yelled from the living room, about two hours after he bought his ticket and began packing.

 

 

Sunggyu grabbed his backpack and ran downstairs, “Hey, you guys. Welcome back, I'm going to leave, I'll be back in a few weeks.”

 

 

“Sunggyu, wait.” Min Hee called him, “We found her, we found Hea Woo in New York.”

 

 

He chuckled, “I knew that. Why do you think I'm leaving? I'm going to the airport now.”

 

 

“No, we found her, but it's not the Hea Woo we know. She lost her memory after the accident, she didn't remember us...” she began to tell him.

 

 

“Bwoh? She has amnesia?” he asked.

 

 

Min Hee nodded, “She works as a wedding planner. When we found her as a planner, we hired her right away to help her.... We're going back in two weeks to continue planning, just come with us.”

 

 

Sunggyu immediately shook his head, “No, no way. I'm going to find her now, and I'm not coming back until I have her back in my arms.”

 

 

Woohyun sighed, “Sunggyu! Stop being so persistent, you won't be able to find her like this. Just come with us, please listen to us.”

 

 

“Sorry, Woohyun. I get that you're my best friend and all, but I'm going now. I just can't wait, once I found her journal and called Yongguk asking for information, I knew that I needed to go. I'm determined to get her back, and you two just made it easy for me. I'll see you two in two weeks then.”