Again

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Again

Sulli was waiting at Brew Café, her hands placed in her lap, her feet swinging back and forth. She was nervous, nervous to see that person again, the person who appeared in her dreams. But she needs to shrug it off, because after all she’ll be helping him change and that makes them to see each other every other day.

Her heart beat raced faster as she saw him walking towards her, she wants to run away all of a sudden but she can’t, she must face him now and build up a good foundation with him. So she greeted him first “Hi, nice to meet you again!” she said earning the ever so famous nod from him, as always. When would this guy learn to reply nor talk?

She examined his face for a minute and he looked up to her wondering why is she acting that way so she finally spoke up “I’m sorry, but I just noticed that your face is swollen, and your eyes…” she said pointing to his dazzling eyes that every girl can fall to, but not her.

“I just slept late last night and woke up early for this meeting, why do you care?” he asked coldly, still avoiding eye contact but Sulli felt relieved hearing his voice for the first time.

“Have you ordered or you stayed here just waiting for me?” he asked and she nodded in response

“What if I didn’t come, you’ll end up starving yourself! What do you want for brunch?” he asked earning a smile from Sulli.

“Anything would do.” She replied and Minho went straight to the counter and ordered. After placing the orders, he sat back and put his cap down to his face and he took the chance to take some nap, Sulli was fine with it actually but she found it annoying especially with their second meeting? At the very first meeting he rejected the handshake she offered and ran away then now he slept, leaving Sulli alone again.

He must be really tired last night, what in the world did he do last night?, she was shocked why she felt worried, but true to herself, she has a responsibility because from now on, she’ll help him get up from his past, no matter how deep and miserable it was.

Their order arrived and Sulli hesitated wake the sleeping guy in front of him when he finally woke up and talked “Why aren’t you waking me up? Are you that selfish to eat brunch just by yourself?” he said, fixing his messy hair. She just laughed at him, and she's getting used to his attitude maybe?

They started eating and they only kept quiet for the whole time not until when he opened up a conversation “Why did you decided to help me?” he asked, he’s been dying to know the reason why.

“Don’t you know people helping me would just eventually give up?” he added not even letting Sulli answer once.

“I have a reason that others don’t and I know that you’re not an easy guy and I’m not one either.” She said half-confidently?

“Are you sure you won’t give up?” he asked with his arms crossed.

“Not eventually, but you know I don’t take things for granted.” She replied earning a sarcastic nod from him.

“So you have this unsure state of giving up and not? I mean you can give up now, things aren’t complicated at this state so you can--” he said but she interrupted him

“You know Mr. Choi, I won’t. If this is the fierce battle they’re all talking about, isn’t that easy?”

“Easy? Ha! You’ll see when you get to the first level, everything here is just a warm-up and I’m telling you, you’ll regret your decision after.”

“I won’t ever regret saying yes to my father if that would bring me the recognition and happiness I wished ever since I was born. Mr. Choi, I guess you can’t understand me yet but this is not just for you but for myself too. I would never ever regret accepting this task and you must remember that” she said, he was left in awe.

“This girl is really competitive, why is she this brave enough to face my battle, what's the real reason? Recognition? Happiness, she sure knows how to make people curious... let’s see if you can survive this battle” he thought

“Okay then, if that’s what you think then go. Is it a deal Ms. Choi?” he asked offering a handshake

“It’s a deal.” She replied, accepting the handshake.

 

“I need to go now, my brothers need me now. It’s good dealing with you” she said and waved him her goodbye the latter didn’t respond and went to his own business.

 

*

 

Jonghyun and Taemin asked for their sister’s help for some changes for the annual school event which is set for the curricular group of Hayana University as well as its alumnus and alumnae that would be held tomorrow,  3 days before the first day of school. Jonghyun is the current president of the group, on the other hand Taemin is the vice president, that’s why they carry a big burden and they need their little sister’s help.

“I’m here, I’m sorry if I came late” the bubbly voice filled the place

 “Jinri! Now the preparations would be fun and easy since we have you!” one staff said

“So are you telling us that if we didn’t ask for her help, this would be a mess?” Jonghyun asked ironically and everyone just laughed.

 

 

“How was your meeting with Minho earlier?” Taemin asked while helping Sulli put up the decorations on stage.

“Normal as it should be”

“Nothing else? I mean how did he treated you? Did he threatened you?”

“Kinda. He asked me why did I accepted the task and he encouraged me to give up but you know me right?”

“Yeah, but again he’s not an easy guy, he doesn’t let others win over him”

“I know. He seems like that when we had brunch. Oppa are you believing Minho that I can’t help him?”

“No, I don’t take sides between you two, and don’t you ever take sides too, understand? Remember this is for the b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter