Taken Aback

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: Taken Aback

 

“Sulli”

Breathing deeply “I..................”

.

.

.

.

.

“I MADE IT TO HAYANA’S SOCCER VARSITY TEAM” He jumped with joy while telling her the good news. For a moment, Sulli’s heart stopped beating for the whole time he was talking. Sulli’s eyes widen, mouth wide open and she felt so happy for him, she knew that this was his dream ever since. She joined jumping with him and eventually she hugged him.

When the both of them finally broke the hug, silence and awkwardness filled the atmosphere not until Sulli started talking “Froggy-oppa, Congratulations! I know someday, I’ll see you play here! I would be your number one fan forever, and see that seat there?” she asked pointing to the closest seat in the stadium “I’ll sit there and shout with all my heart! That’s a promise!” she said and Minho felt how sincere she was and so he pulled her into a hug again which made Sulli shocked.

“Thank you...... You were the reason why I made it.” He whispered the last part, his breath was a hair strand apart from her ears. “Let’s go somewhere, I have something to show you” he said, Sulli followed her, still in her thoughts whether Minho said the last part sincerely or not but later on she shrugged the idea off.

 

 

Sulli noticed that they were entering a cemetery and she had the feeling that they might be going to Minho’s mom’s grave “We’re going to your mom’s right?” Minho nodded in reply. This is actually his first time to go to his mother’s grave with just pure happiness and anticipation inside him.

They reached the grave and instead of crying buckets of tears, he smiled from ear to ear “Mom, I made it! Our dream finally came true” he said still smiling and Sulli can’t help but join him in smiling too.

Sulli started patting Minho’s back “Omoni, I know how hardworking Minho-oppa was and I’m happy he made it. This is actually my first time visiting you, I’ll surely visit you often this time. By the way, I am Minho-oppa’s friend, Choi Jinri. I hope you’ll continue guiding him from up above” she said and Minho was touched by her word.

After a minute of talking and stuffs, Sulli felt that Minho needs some personal time to talk with his mother so she excused herself  to go back to his car just nearby.

 

When Sulli left, Minho found the courage to finally tell her mom “Mom, now you know who I’m going to pertain to. Jinri is the girl who helped me move on, she was the one who gave light to my dark past. She’s the girl I learned to love the most. I love her, mom, I really love her. And here I am...asking for your blessing and guidance. Mom, please guide me and Sulli and please keep each of us safe every time. I love you Mom, we’ll surely go back here” he said and did his usual rituals before going back.

 

Minho saw Sulli sleeping, sure is, she’s really tired. Just imagine, a whole week for a deadly hectic for campaign period and the voting itself. Minho moved her a little for her to feel comfortable while napping.

 

The two arrived at a restaurant, Minho planned on treating her for dinner, first, because he was accepted for the varsity team and last is he doesn’t know whether he’ll drop her in Choi’s mansion or in King towers. Sulli is definitely a perfect definition of sleeping beauty, her beauty was glowing even night time and Minho admired her sleeping figure for a minute before tapping her shoulders to wake her up “Sulli, we’re here. I’ll treat you for dinner” he said but somehow felt guilty that he woke her from her nap.

Sulli’s eyes were still half-open “Where are we?” she asked in a husky voice and Minho found it cute and y and so he had to control himself, even with her voice, Sulli captivates him and makes her go crazy. Minho removed the seatbelt from her “Let’s go, I’m sure you’re hungry” after removing the seatbelt, Sulli rubber her eyes and yawned, she fixed herself up and when she was about to open the door, Minho rushed to the other side to open it for her.

Sulli felt a little tipsy, she hasn’t gained her full conscious yet and Minho has to cling her arms to his. “You sure slept well” he commented and just then, Sulli pouted cutely.

 

They sat facing each other and ordered their meals, they were in a ramen restaurant and so they ordered ramen noodles, dumplings and kimchi.

Sulli checked herself on the mirror “Did I really slept that long?” noticing her not-so bloated face, she didn’t believe his words quickly but Minho again “I would’ve just left you in the car if you didn’t woke up earlier” he laughed and Sulli pouted again and it made Minho crazy. Surely, Sulli makes him crazy.

 

While eating, Minho can’t help but be mesmerized by the girl in front of him, unfortunately, Sulli caught him staring at her “YAH FROGGY, EAT UP” she scolded him and then he realized what he was doing.

They shared stories to each other while eating “I wonder what made our fathers make this the deal of you helping me out” he wondered and Sulli stopped eating “Yeah, could it be business matters? Or personal ones?” she asked and Minho remembered that his dad told him once that Sulli’s dad and his were friends before.

“Your dad and mine were friends before. Once I saw a picture in his office, I guess that was taken years ago, they were posing with another guy, whom I don’t know who” he said.

 

Few Months ago

“Come in” Minjeong commanded when someone knocked into his door, he thought it was Secretary Rain. His eyes widen in shoc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter