Secrets From the Past

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: Secrets From the Past

 

A month later, Minjeong and Jihoon came home from their two month-long business in Nami Island and now they’re about to correct everything from the past. They scheduled a dinner meeting with Sulli, Taemin, Jonghyun and Jinah.

Jinah arrived first only to see the shaking Jihoon with Minjeong beside him, to brighten his trembling mood, Jinah patted his back “Brother-in-law, everything would be fine. I know, Sulli would understand everything and we’re all in this together” she said

 

Ten minutes later, the three arrived. Sulli greeted everyone first “Wow, we’re all complete, what’s the occasion?” she asked curiously, the three parents just glanced at each other. But then before they can answer her, Sulli changed the topic “How was Nami Island?” she asked and Minjeong answered “Good, someday let’s have an outing there” he said.

Jonghyun then began talking “Sulli and Taemin has something to say to you guys” he said teasing. Taemin glared at him like a roaring lion, Sulli on the other hand just became red due to embarrassment.

“We have something to tell you guys too” Jinah said

 

-

 

Onew woke the sleeping Minho up, he was irritated with numerous phone calls and messages from his phone, he patted him and told him about his unending notifications.

Minho with eyes half-open looked at his phone and his hyung was right, it has 46 missed calls and 19 unread messages, he quickly opened one message and it was from Coach Park saying;

“Minho, meet up with me tomorrow. Let’s see each other at Blue Seed Cafe. I have something to tell you.”

Minho then called Coach Park back but he didn’t answered any of his calls, so he just gave up and continued sleeping.

 

-

 

 

They set the matters aside first as they shared their delicious meal together. Jihoon then started talking “You go tell us first what is something, we need to know?” he said and Taemin and Sulli glanced at each other.

Taemin at first, hesitated but he did so anyways “I........I...I’m in a relationship with Krystal...Jung Soo Jung, the girl I introduced to you before” he stammered. This is actually his first relationship and he was expecting an angry Minjeong and Jinah but to his surprise, they showed their bright smiles “We’d love to meet her again, I’m sure she’s a nice girl. Just don’t forget to love her always...” they gave him a piece of advice and Taemin nodded in agreement.

Taemin then remembered Jonghyun and Taeyeon “Appa, Omma, Jonghyun-hyung has something to say too” he teased “Taeyeon-noona is back!” Taemin said beforehand, suddenly Minjeong and Jinah’s bright expression turned dark for they knew how hard it was for Jonghyun when they broke up and seemingly Jonghyun noticed them and so he defended “That’s not going to happen again. We’re starting over again...slowly.. and you don’t have to worry, mom and dad. We’re mature now and we know how life is.” He said assuring them everything’s fine.

“So, what about Sulli?” Jinah asked, startling Sulli. She smiled and told them what happened these past few days “I didn’t made it to the council but I passed my driver’s license exam!” she said smiling. Jihoon felt relieved with that “I thought our Sulli would announce something about love too” he said earning a laugh from everyone.

 

Everyone finished their dinner, and so it’s time to reveal what the older three needs to say.

Taking a deep breath, clearing his dry throat, Jihoon began “Sulli, you asked me last time how I knew your mother right?” Sulli nodded “Here” he handed her an old rusty box.....suddenly Jonghyun remembered that box “Appa....omma...” he said but later on he decided to keep mum and let Sulli explore what’s inside.

Taemin who has no idea on what’s happening just stayed quiet while looking at his phone for any messages once in a while.

Sulli saw old pictures, letters, and some little stuffs inside the box and wondered why her butler gave her this. When Sulli held a pair of mittens, a tear drop fell from her misty eyes, she opened the letter that was addressed to her.

“To our Jinri,

Probably this time, you know who you really are. First of all, I’m so sorry for not being by your side. By this time, I guess you’re a successful student/adult. I should’ve lived longer to see you like that, but I did not make it. But I’m not telling you you’re the reason why. It was my fault, I forgot I have you in me when your father left, but everything’s okay now because you’re there breathing and enjoying life.

I missed a lot of happenings. I’ll miss your birthdays, baptisms, graduations, recognitions, first days, first times and most especially your wedding. If only God would give me another life with you, I would love to spend it with only you and your father.

I’m sorry if I can’t give you a perfect complete family but I assure you, that you’ll have a good future ahead, you’re my daughter after all! Thank you for being my inspiration through my tough times and I’ll always be up above guiding and loving you. I love you Jinri-ah!

P.S Your father would be the one responsible to tell you anything I left.

Love,

Hanjae-omma”

 

Unknowingly, her tears fell non-stop, she was crying hard, this letter is precious to her and she decided that she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter