Battlefield

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19: Battlefield

Today is the second official week of school in Hayana and that means the freshmen students has to find their clubs within the day. Hayana, being the most prestigious university in Korea offers a variety of clubs to choose from.

“Aish, this is my third time experiencing this club choosing” the three-time college repeater Minho said annoyingly

“Oppa, don’t worry, this would be your last right? You said you’ll change now right? And I’m going to help you” Sulli who was standing beside him said reassuringly, as she flashed her million dollar eye smile.

“That’s why I hate being with this two lovey dovey ‘friends’ or whatever, in these situations, I need oppa! Aish I’m their third wheel again” Krystal murmured who was standing beside Sulli.

 

Krystal and Sulli, despite of Taemin’s insisting for them to join the Performing Arts Club, chose different clubs instead. Meanwhile being the sports lover, Minho chose the sports branch. The three of them parted ways as they registered for their respective clubs. Krystal chose to be in the Journalism Club, Sulli joined the Student Council and Minho went to the Soccer Club.

For the past years, Minho just went with the flow, he didn’t even bothered to check on the clubs where he’s actually destined to be. Truth is, this would be his first time joining soccer club.

Coach Park, who’s currently leading the club is the strictest coach one can ever have, he’s known as the devil in his field, he’s a perfectionist and he can bring down one of his players if he fails once but this is because there is nothing to expect with Hayana’s soccer team but being the best.

 Coach Park was checking the club attendees, a usual for the first day of club sessions. “Choi Minho, Business Major” he called out and he nodded his head in response.

“Aren’t you the three-time college repeater?” asked a fourth year college student who was beside Coach Park as well.

Coach Park was about to warn the guy but Minho interrupted him “Yes, I am. I am Minho Choi, supposedly a senior this year but due to my attitude, I repeated freshmen years for 3 years. And please treat me well, ‘sunbaes’” said Minho emphasizing the word “sunbaes” as he bowed, the guy who said that was astonished while Coach Park was just eyeing on them.

“Is that how you treat a hoobae, Jung Yonghwa?” said Coach Park and as if he was caught off guard, the ‘Yonghwa’ guy apologized but his cold shoulders were still on Minho’s but he didn’t bother.

 

 

“Our try-outs would be this Friday, only the best would remain so make sure you’ll do your best” said Coach Park as he left the room leaving only the sunbaes and freshmen inside.

“Let’s see if you can still make it to the try-outs” Yonghwa and his gang threatened, good thing, Minho had the chance to control himself or else, something bad might’ve happened.

 

 

Journalism Club Room

“Hi I am Jung Soo Jung but you can call me Krystal, I’m a transferee from San Francisco High. Please treat me well” introduced Krystal while the other girls just glared at here as if she did something wrong to them.

After the brief introduction of the freshmen students, the tall, handsome and attractive guy introduced himself, Krystal guessed this guy is probably an eyecandy in this club since these irritating girls have been staring at him dreamingly since the moment they entered this room.

“I am Kang Minhyuk, Journalism Club’s President. I hope we’ll have a pondering school year ahead” he said

“And I am Bang Minah, the club’s vice president” the cute girl beside him said.

The girls glaring at Krystal turned their attention to Minah, although, she doesn’t show affection towards Minhyuk, the girls are flaring in anger just because Minah was standing beside him.

“Our first project would be by team pairings, teams would be formed within this week so might as well gain some friends or acquaintances.” Minah said, although she looks bright outside, Krystal’s first impression on her is that she’s strict and cold.

“Minhyuk-sunbae, are you going to be one of the team members by any chance?” one of the girls asked

“Minah and I would surely be teamed up with you guys, as sunbaes in this profession, we’ll surely guide you. By the way, we’ll get going then” Minhyuk said, the two left the room and now the freshmen students were left.

The girls squealed in excitement after hearing him, Krystal just went straight to the cafeteria to escape from the flirtarious and annoying atmosphere.

“That US girl is really something, it’s like he didn’t found Minhyuk-oppa a handsome prince charming. Is she dense?” one girl uttered

“It’s okay, at least we don’t have a rival for our prince charming” the other girl said dreamingly.

 

 

If the atmosphere in Journalism Club is full of fangirl delights and the Soccer Club’s full of tension, it was different in the Student Council. Myungsoo, the current president and Lee Joon, the vice president praised Sulli for her incredible records and skills.

“Choi Jinri, Seoul Women’s High’s Valedictorian, it’s our pleasure to have you in the council” said the officers.

“It’s my pleasure to be here too, thank you” said Sulli bowing down to show her respect to her seniors. After that, she saw someone familiar...her sunbae in Seoul Women’s high.... Park Jiyeon, the latter’s eyes were glued on her with fire inside them.

After that, the officers announced the school election to be held next week and that means the possible candidates could only have a week to prepare. Sulli is currently thinking of running for secretary. Ever since she was in her high school, she likes to be in the council. For the past years, she has been elected as the council’s president for many times and now she wants to try her luck in Hayana’s council.

“Just write your names here for the registration. Remember that we only need two representatives for each position. The President-Vice President position is definitely not in the list” explaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter