Truth Revealed

Start of Something New
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23: Truth Revealed

 

Afternoon came and Sulli asked Minho to meet her at the ramen house they’ve been to many times. Sulli told him that she would say something important, without thinking twice, Minho drove straight to the ramen house.

Before going out of his car, he took a glance at the envelope beside him. This would definitely be a tough decision for him. When he was young, his mother dreamt of having a soccer star player, and so when she died, Minho promised to fulfil it. His mother was a big fan of University soccer, specifically the University of Notre Dame in America and thus it would really be a tough decision for him. Would he go there to fulfil his promise, leaving Korea where his family, friends and special someone are or would he stay for the sake of his feelings? He shrugged those ideas aside for he still has a week to think about it and so he went out and finally entered the ramen house.

Sulli welcomed him with a smile “Froggy-oppa!” she exclaimed and Minho felt that the important matter she has to say, would be a good news. He sat down across her and smiled back, he doesn’t want to show her how bothered he is right now.

They ordered the usual and while waiting, Sulli began “Oppa! I knew something about me” she said “Jihoon-appa.....is....not...my..butler....but he’s my appa” she added, and as expected Minho’s eyes widen “What?!?” he asked confused.

Sulli smiled “It’s a long story” she said exactly when their orders arrived, they started eating and while they were doing so, Sulli told him everything.

Sulli was the first to finish her food “Oppa, let’s go somewhere like....Han River? I’ll drive!” she volunteered, Minho flashed her a smile indicating a “yes”.

 

HAN RIVER

Sulli sat at the bench and Minho followed her. They were just sitting there, enjoying the spring breeze, blooming flowers and birds chirping, it was a perfect sight of sunset watching.

Sulli closed her eyes for a second “Remember the traumatic story I told you?” she asked out of the blue. “I clearly remember everything...even the exact happenings and when it happened. It was like the worst day in my life. I remembered running here for some air because I was really really blaming myself that time” she said and that made Minho curious “Tell me what happened....I guess I can help” he said

Then Sulli started narrating “It was almost midnight that time when Jiyoung’s mom called me to tell that Jiyoung was delivered to the hospital because she had a heart attack. Jiyoung has a heart disease and I told Jihoon-appa to hurry while driving...It was my fault when we bumped into another car. Fortunately none of us were injured....but the other....car’s driver was dead... After that I didn’t know what happened, I was in the hospital bed lying only to find out that Jiyoung died of her disease. I was miserable and I blame myself for being like that........The worst day of my life ever.... May 13, 2011” she said, almost whispering the last part.

“May 13, 2011?” Minho asked to make sure and Sulli nodded, her eyes were teary “Good thing, the family of the one we bumped into was considerate enough but then I can’t find myself some forgiveness knowing I did everything” she cried again. Minho just stayed to where he was, not minding to mum a word for he’s currently in mental shock.

 

 

 

May 13, 2011

Sulli and Jihoon’s car was wrecked, they were delivered to the emergency room of the nearest hospital, there were some blood flowing onto their heads. Minjeong and Jinah rushed right after receiving a call from the hospital.

When they arrived they saw someone familiar.....Choi Jihoong, Minjeong and Jihoon’s best friend and their business partner; he was red and obviously he was crying.

“Jihoong?” he asked just to make sure and Jihoong faced them “What are you doing here?” Minjeong asked worriedly and Jihoong’s emotions once again burst “My...wife....is.....in critical condition....She got into a car accident” he said breaking into tears.

Minjeong’s eyes widen, he thought that it may be Jihoon who met this accident “Jihoon met....a.....car accident too....and his daughter” he said stammering, he expected that he’ll get a punch from him or something and he’s ready for it but to his surprise, he didn’t.

The doctor arrived to announce the patients’ conditions, and Minjeong was right, Seungha, Jihoon and Sulli were in one accident.

“Mr. Choi Jihoong?” the doctor called, Jihoong went near him, the doctor sighed and patted his back “I’m sorry but Mrs. Choi Seungha didn’t make it, we did everything we could but it was too late” he said and consoled him and left.

Minjeong and Jinah were lost of words, they didn’t know how to comfort him knowing the bitter reality of the said accident. Jihoong then faced them, weird is, he was smiling “Don’t worry... I’m not blaming you or Jihoon, but I blame myself... She ran away from home because of me....This accident happened because of me....She died because of me...It was all because of me” he said crying and crying over and over again. Minjeong and Jinah could only hug him to express their comfort.

 

 

The next day, Jihoon and Sulli finally woke up.

“What happened?” Sulli asked and memories from last night flashbacked, she started crying.

“Did someone die?” she asked again, Minjeong nodded. Although he was planning not to tell her what happened, Sulli is too smart and curious not to ask. After seeing her father’s response, she cried harder.

Sulli got curious “Who is it? I want to see him or her” she pleaded but Minjeong and Jinah decided not to let her see Seungha for she might have a traumatic experience and more so, she might blame herself. Minjeong thought of a good excuse “The family isn’t blaming us an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter