Sorrow

The Wolves: Marked | New Chapter- Chapter 13|

She was gone. That much was true.

No matter how far and how long they searched, Ga Eun was gone.

No matter how much money was poured in, there was no trace of her anywhere.

The scars and wounds that should have faded within hours, continued to bring much pain to them. The pain that should have vanished, only increased at night. Ga Eun's nightmares have now become Luhan and Kyungsoo's. It was the only thing that was left of her.

"They're still screaming."

"I gave them medicine but their wounds aren't healing."

"They're slowly dying."

Kris looked up at the members and took a deep breath as a loud scream was heard. His eyes wandered to Lay and Xiumin who stepped in front of him. He could see the dark circles underneath their eyes and it only made him sigh deeper. Tao and Chen waited patiently by his side as he paced back and forth.

"They're getting worse." Lay wiped away his sweat. "No matter how much medicine I give them, they won't stop screaming."

"And their wounds aren't getting any better either." Xiumin sighed. "I don't know how long we have before it ends up killing them."

Kris stopped pacing and turned. "There's no news?" He ran a hand through his hair. "You haven't found her yet?"

"No." Tao murmured. "It's like she disappeared from the world."

"Nothing." Chen agreed. "There's nothing at all."

They looked up when a loud crash was heard from the room, making them run inside. Lay and Xiumin forced Luhan down while Tao and Chen handled Kyungsoo. Tears ran down their faces as they clutched tightly onto the members. Kris stared wide eyed at the blood dripping from their wrists.

"What did you do?" He whispered. "What are you doing?"

"Ga Eun!" Luhan sobbed. "Where is she!?" He turned to look at Lay. "Let me see her. Just this once."

"She's not here." Lay responded. "We're still looking for her."

Luhan grabbed Lay tighter and crashed his face into his chest. Lay tightly wrapped his arm around him as he sobbed harder into his shirt. Luhan's body shook as he struggled to breathe through his howls. Xiumin reached out to treat his wound but pulled back when Lay stopped him.

"Give him time." He murmured. "Let him relax first."

"Let me see her." Luhan whimpered. "I need to see her."

"I promised her." Kyungsoo whispered. "I made a promise with her."

Chen wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo as he sat up, his face gaunt and gray. His eyes landed on Kris who stood quietly by the door. Before they could stop him, he lunged for Kris, pushing Chen and Tao away. Mustering up whatever remained of his strength, he grabbed him by the throat.

"It's all your fault." Kyungsoo snarled. "You could have saved her but didn't."

Tao reached out to grab him but stopped when Kris shook his head. He turned back to look at the boy in front of him, tears in his eyes. Kyungsoo had lost too much weight, making his small body look even smaller. What made everything worse was that he wasn't healing like he should have. No matter how much they tried to treat him, he was slowly dying.

Losing Ga Eun was killing him.

"I'm sorry." Kris whispered. "I'm so sorry."

He soon wrapped his arms around the crying boy and brushed back his tears. Chen and Tao helped him settle himself inside his bed before feeding him food. Kyungsoo turned away and closed his eyes, memories of Ga Eun filling his mind. His eyes flew open when he pictured her screaming from the pain of the bite on her shoulder. Without thinking, he grabbed Chen's hand and tried to even his breathing.

"She's hurt." He looked up with tears. "She was bleeding."

"She's fine." Chen reassured him. "I'm sure she's fine."

"They took her away from me."

"They took her away from us."

Kyungsoo wiped away his tears and made a soft smile. "We were supposed to grow old and fat together." His eyes fluttered shut. "I promised her that I would stay with her forever."

Tao brushed away Kyungsoo's tears before walking out of the room. Chen and Xiumin followed after him while Lay decided to stay and treat them. Kris closed the door shut and sat down on Luhan's bed. He stared at his close friend and his body stiffened when Luhan stared back at him.

"It's not your fault." He whispered. "Kyungsoo didn't mean it."

"He's right though." Kris shook his head. "I could have saved her."

"No, you couldn't."

"Yes. I could have."

Luhan let out a soft chuckle and winced when Lay wiped away at his stab wound. He looked down to see the large gash across his stomach and closed his eyes. He reached out to grab Kris' hand and took a deep breath. He wasn't able to stop his tears from falling.

"Do you think she's safe?" 

"Ga Eun?" Kris looked up. "Of course she is."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

Luhan sat up and stared at Kris with tear stained eyes. "I was going to propose to her."

"Propose?"

"Yeah."

Kris' breath catched and he let out a soft smile. "I thought you were going to marry Kyungsoo?"

"I would have killed him before he opened his mouth." Kyungsoo spoke up. 

"No. I was going to propose when everything was over." Luhan let go of Kris' hand and stared out the window. He noticed that it was barely morning. His eyes widened when he saw snow falling softly from the sky. "We would been married by now."

"I'm sorry."

Lay glanced at Kris and tried to feed Luhan again. He let out a sigh when Luhan looked away, brushing Lay away. Instead he turned to look at his body and frowned. He knew that his body was giving up on him. Luhan knew that it wouldn't be long before he died.

But he didn't care.

No matter how many times the members reassured him that Ga Eun was safe, Luhan didn't believe them. He had given up hope since the moment she was dragged away from him.

Even though they barely knew each other when she ran away from EXO-K, he truly loved her. Luhan didn't know what it was about her that made his heart race. Ga Eun was the woman he wanted and needed in his life. But what made him so surprised was that Ga Eun loved him back.

She was the first person to ever love him back.

But she was now gone.

Lay and Kris stood up and walked out of the room once they had fallen asleep. They walked back to the living room and covered their faces when they screamed once again. Kyungsoo and Luhan let out a bloodcurling scream as they woke up from their nightmares.

Kyungsoo gasped in pain as Ga Eun's lifeless body filled his mind while Luhan sobbed as he pictured her bloodied face. They stared blankly at the wall in front of them as they curled into a tiny ball. 

"I need to see her once last time." Luhan murmured. "One last time to say 'I love you'."

"Please." Kyungsoo whispered. "Please find her."

But Ga Eun was gone.

She was long gone.

••••••••••••

"What is that?"

"It's a bunny."

Ga Eun looked at Sehun with horror as he stepped forwards. Her eyes landed on the small animal again and she reached out for Suho's hand. He stifled back his laugh as Sehun one more time.

"I know it's a bunny." She rolled her eyes. "Do you think I'm stupid?"

"No comment."

Suho let out a loud laugh as he fell to the floor, shaking his head. Kai and Chanyeol laughed from behind while Baekhyun rolled his eyes in boredom. Sehun walked towards Ga Eun and chased her around once she ran away.

"Stop!"

"It's just a bunny Ga Eun!"

"Get it away from me!"

Kai reached out and grabbed Sehun before throwing him onto the ground. Ga Eun stood behind Chanyeol for protection and wrapped her arms around the tall giant. She stuck out her tongue and laughed when Sehun rolled around on the ground in pain.

"It was just a freaking bunny Ga Eun!" Sehun rolled his eyes. "Why are you freaking out?"

"Because you want me to eat it." She called out. "Why else?"

"Obviously not raw." Baekhyun chuckled. "We can always cook it."

"But Suho hyung said that she needs to learn how to hunt properly." Kai spoke up. "We shouldn't stop her from learning."

"Are you scared?" Chanyeol looked down at her. "Or does it just hurt?"

"Both." She whispered. "It hurts when I change."

Suho stood up and walked towards her with open arms. Ga Eun slid inside them and sighed when he ran his hand through her hair. She looked up and smiled widely when he stared into her eyes.

"I'll make sure it won't hurt." Suho murmured. "You just need to practice more."

"Are you sure?"

Suho let out a soft chuckle and nodded. "Would I ever lie to you?"

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

I am so sorry I haven't update in a while. It took me longer to edit Untamed and Hunted and I am really sorry for that. So here's a small chapter to thank everyone for waiting so patiently. So go ahead, comment and upvote! Also, does everyone like the trailer? I feel it fits perfectly for the story ^^ Thanks again my loveliest of lovely readers!