Remembrance

The Wolves: Marked | New Chapter- Chapter 13|

Luhan covered his face as he walked through the large crowd. He had managed to slip away from the house without Kris noticing, hoping to get some fresh air. It hadn't been long since they had moved to Seoul, barely a week had passed since they arrived. He wanted to see the city but Kris and the others didn't think it was a good idea.

"You don't know what will happen." Kris had muttered. "Or what people will do if they see you."

Luhan hated the thought of staying away from people. He didn't look different from other humans. He was normal or so he wished to be. Xiumin, his most trusted friend, had warned him about butting into the lives of other people. Just like Kris, he wanted all of them to be safe and secure. 

Even if it meant hiding in a house that was slowly rotting away.

He stopped in his tracks when he noticed a small bookstore. Luhan smiled as he came up with a plan to ease Kris' wrath once he went back home. Gingerly, he stepped inside and pulled down his hood, breathing in the scent of wood and dust. 

"Just find a book to make him happy." He muttered. "Anything will do."

He walked down the aisles, glancing every now and then at the people inside the store. His fingers fluttered over the book spines as he debated on what book to get. Luhan accidently bumped into someone and bowed before looking up.

His eyes landed on a young girl with long dark hair. Luhan's eyes grew wider when he noticed her pale, delicate fingers brush back her hair, a wide smile on her face. Without thinking, he stepped forwards, following after her as her fingers  brushed the books lightly. He felt his heart pound as he did the same, feeling the warmth of her skin on his before it disappeared.

Luhan stopped in his tracks when she did, her eyes landing on a certain book. His eyes traced her face, blinking when he noticed her slight frown. She reached out to grab the book but froze when she felt someone's hands on hers. Luhan hid a smile when he felt his heart race as he touched her hand. His eyes landed on her dark brown eyes and she stared deeply into his own.

He could hear her pounding heart and immediately let go, finally realizing what he was doing. Luhan quickly bowed and avoided her gaze, not wanting the strange girl to notice his eyes. 

"I'm sorry." Luhan murmured before walking away.

He could sense the girl follow after him, her scent so hypnotizing. He turned back to stare at her and turned away, feeling his body shiver. Luhan managed to escape and hid close by, not wanting to leave just yet. His ears perked up when he heard someone call out her name. A wide smile escaped his lips and he bit his lip shyly.

"Ga Eun." He whispered. "That's her name."

She was still standing by the door, searching for him. Making sure she wouldn't notice him, Luhan managed to go back inside the bookstore. He stole the book from the shelf, knowing he would get a second chance to see her. He watched as the girl searched for the book before leaving the store with someone else.

"She's with someone." Luhan felt his heart drop. "Someone else."

Luhan knew that he needed to stop. He knew that there was no chance of her noticing him. 

But there was something that pulled him towards her. Something that he couldn't explain. Kris' warning rang inside his head but he chose to ignore it. With each step that he took, he knew that there was no turning back.

Luhan needed to see her one last time before walking away.

He stood on the other side of the street, his eyes never leaving her face. The book was still in his hand, shaking under his hold. Luhan noticed the way she fidgeted, her fingers brushing away the stray hairs off her face. His breath almost stopped when she looked up and stared at him. She began to walk towards him, the same look of bewilderment and confusion that was on his face.

"Her eyes." Luhan softly smiled. "Soft yet so sad. Just like mine."

Luhan turned around and ran away, leaving her behind. He arrived home, only to find Kris and Xiumin waiting patiently for him, a large scowl on their faces. He tossed the book to Kris and bowed slightly as he ran towards his room. Her face appeared in front of him, making him smile. It was the first time in years that Luhan had smiled. 

The first time his heart raced.

Days had passed and Luhan finally settled inside a routine. He went to school only to please Kris. There was nothing that interested him. Nothing that captured his attention. Until the day he saw her again.

Ga Eun.

Luhan knew it was fate that had brought them together. He knew it the moment his eyes landed on her surprised face when he stepped inside the classroom. There was nothing that would stop him from being by her side. Even if it meant having to be beaten and abused. Even if it meant going against his pack.

He was in love with Ga Eun.

And she loved him back.

Her racing heart told him everything.

••••••••••••

Kyungsoo never understood why the pack was so eager to mate with the strange girl who had come to live with them. Yes, she was beautiful and kind but there were many other girls who were better. Even Sehun, the boy who only cared for food, wanted to be with her (although he didn't show it). He was kind to her and did as Suho wanted but Ga Eun wasn't someone he could see himself with.

But love always has a funny way of changing things.

He could never pinpoint when he started to notice her. Was it the way she pushed the members away, only to be by their side? Was it the way she pretended to smile but secretly wipe away her tears when they didn't notice? All Kyungsoo knew was that she was someone that he wanted to protect. 

He had finally fallen in love with his soulmate.

Kyungsoos' heart would sputter out of control every time Ga Eun brushed her skin against his. The taste of her breath was always sweet every time his lips landed on hers. She was perfect in every sense of the word. Ga Eun was the one person Kyungsoo could call home.

But not all love stories have a happy ending.

He would whimper in pain as her screams filled the air. The scent of her blood made him sick. The thick tears that flowed down her cheeks was enough to make him want to kill himself.

No matter how many times he tried to rationalize what the group was doing, it always ended in his fists landing on the wall. Kyungsoo wanted to take Ga Eun away and make her happy but he was too weak to fight against the expertly trained werewolves.

They had promised her happiness and love but eventually forgot about it. 

And so he would cry himself to sleep as she fought back her tears. Kyungsoo would feel his heart break into tiny pieces every time she begged for forgiveness.

It was then that he realized that he didn't love her enough to let go.

Kyungsoo needed to let her escape, even if it meant letting go of the person he truly loved. 

Once they had managed to escape alongside Luhan, he was always scared of the past. What if Ga Eun wanted him to leave? What if he brought back those memories of the past? 

But the real question he had in the back of his head: Was he willing to leave her side even if it killed him?

But that never happened. Ga Eun had opened up her heart and let in the scared werewolf. She had brought back the Kyungsoo he was afraid to show. The boy who wanted to desperately hold her against his chest.

The boy who needed her by his side.

Their days were full of bliss and happiness. He was able to forget about the nightmares that haunted him at every waking moment. They were happy and she loved him.

But life never ends the way you plan it to.

The day she was taken away from him was the day he made a promise to himself. What was the point in living without his soulmate? What was the point in smiling if Ga Eun wasn't by his side.

Kyungsoo wanted and needed to die.

It was the only way he would be able to see her again. The only way to have her by his side.

All he wanted to do was close his eyes and picture her smiling face. So as time went by, he refused to eat or drink anything. He didn't feel the need to stay alive any longer. And so days passed by and he was sick. Kyungsoo would smile slowly to himself as he fell asleep.

His failing heart had become the answer to his prayers.

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

I'm really sorry if this chapter is crappy but IT IS IMPORTANT! Umm... I guess that's it. Oh! Don't forget to comment and upvote! To be honest, in the original story (yes, there is an original story but it wasn't with kpop. It was written over the span of 2 years for a friend of mine) I would have gone over this before Untamed. It was supposed to be 5 stories: A Wolf's Tale, A Demon's Demise, Untamed, Hunted and Marked. A Wolf's Tale was supposed to chronicle EXO-K dealing with becoming werewolves and living their lives before Ga Eun. It would have showed them with several OC's and dealt with them bonding with them only to leave them behind (this was going to show how Ga Eun was so special to them, hence them being obsessed with her). A Demon's Demise would have dealt with EXO-M and how they lived their lives and showed why Luhan was so reclusive and why his eyes were so sad (and a mysterious girl he had loved before Ga Eun). But I decided to cut off both prequels and go straight to Untamed. That is why I added in this chapter, to show Luhan's side and Kyungsoo's side. With Marked (unlike the original one) I will focus more on Luhan, Kyungsoo and EXO-K than on Ga Eun (or all of them to be exact). So I guess I just wanted to explain why updates were a bit slow (of course school also has to do with it). It was because I am organizing and fixing the 5 stories so that they fit with the 3 stories so far. Ummm... I don't want to bore you with more details so if you have any questions, just ask below. Oh! And I am having a mini-giveaway so click here for more info! Thank you so much for reading this long Author's Note. It means a lot!