Hiraeth

The Wolves: Marked | New Chapter- Chapter 13|
"You could hold the secrets that save me from myself.
I could love you more than love could.
All the way from Hell.
You could be my poison, my cross and my razor blade.
I could love you more that life if I wasn't so afraid."
-Damien Rice, "My Favourite Faded Fantasy"


 

"Ga Eun? Is that really you?"

Luhan could barely stop himself from pulling her into his arms. The wind grew stronger and rustled through her long dark hair as she stared back at him. His eyes grew watery as the scent he had tried so hard not to forget reached him. Ga Eun smelled of fresh rain and warm earth. He walked towards her but stopped in his tracks when she gasped in pain and held onto her head.

"Who are you!? How do you know my name!?"

Ga Eun screamed as the pain grew worse and she could barely hold herself together. This is what Suho had always warned her about. She shouldn't have run away when she could barely control herself around them. She snapped at the stronger men as they reached out to help her. She held her tears back as she fell onto the cold ground and prayed that Suho would look for her.

'Please go. Run away.'

She looked down at her hands and gasped when they grew longer and filled with fur. Her body twisted as her back gave way and she could feel her body transforming. The four boys stepped back and the last thing she saw was the boy with doe-eyes staring at her in horror. 

"No," Kyungsoo breathed, "It can't be."

••••••••••••

"What should we do?"

Xiumin turned to look at Kris as his body tensed. He moved in front of Luhan whereas Chen moved in front of Kyungsoo. Their eyes flickered back and forth between brown and red. Xiumin looked to see his nails growing longer and his body shaking. He positioned his body as Ga Eun growled at them, her baring teeth snapping at them.

"Don't hurt her."

Kris turned to Kyungsoo who pushed past Chen and made his way to the front. He never kept his eyes off of Ga Eun as his body shook. He noticed the patches of skin where fur still hadn't grown. Her body was shaking uncontrollably and her breathing would speed up and slow down.

'She's trying to fight it,' Kyungsoo weakly smiled, 'She's just a baby.'

"What are you doing!?" Chen hissed, "You don't know if she'll attack."

"I'm practically dead. What else could happen?"

Kyungsoo stepped closer and he fell to the floor. He screamed as the bones of his body grew and the pain was almost enough to kill him. Chen pushed everyone back as he kept transforming. His eyes grew wide when Kyungsoo turned to them before stepping in front. 

Ga Eun stopped growling as she noticed the large werewolf in front of her. She moved towards him as the familiar scent reached her. The wolf in front of her moved towards her and her heart slowed down. The familiar scent of the pack calmed her and she let out a whimper as she fell back onto the floor.

Her teeth went back to normal and her fur slowly disappeared. She shivered as the cold air hit her half body. She felt something warm and turned to see the wolf in front of her lay beside her. 

"Who are you?" She breathed, "Why do you have Suho's scent?"

Ga Eun gently placed a hand on the wolf and her head started to hurt. She wrapped her arms around herself rocked back and forth until the pain went away. She reached out again and her heart almost stopped when she noticed the wolf wasn't moving.

"No!," She cried out, "Wake up!"

••••••••••••

"Is everything all right?"

Kris watched as Kyungsoo walked towards Ga Eun before resting beside her. He turned to see Luhan tense as Ga Eun reach towards him. The wind was getting stronger and he could barely stand up. Xiumin paced back and forth in front of Kris which made the leader annoyed.

"Will you stop that!?"

"What?"

Xiumin stopped in his tracks and turned to Kris as he rubbed his temple. He could tell that Kris didn't have an idea of what to do next or what was going on. Months of searching for Ga Eun and yet she was the one to show up at their door.

"You don't think this is a trap right?" Chen murmured, "She's not the Ga Eun we know."

"What makes you think that?" Xiumin rolled his eyes, "The fact that she's a werewolf or the fact that she can't remember us?"

"It was the bite."

The three of them turned to Luhan as he sat down on the ground. He wrapped his arms around himself and closed his eyes. The memories he tried so hard to forget came over him like a wave. The last thing he saw before Ga Eun was taken away from him.

"The one Suho gave to her?" Chen frowned, "But wouldn't she remember us?"

"I don't know," Kris ran a hand through his hair, "We'll have to ask Kyungsoo when he turns back."

"I should have been there. I shouldn't have let him hurt her."

Luhan brushed back his tears and wrapped his arms tighter against himself. He stared at Ga Eun and his stomach grew uneasy. Her eyes lacked the warmth he remembered. She was Ga Eun but at the same time she wasn't the person he fell in love with. 

"You didn't exactly have a choice," Kris murmured, "She knows you tried your best."

"And how would you know!?"

Luhan struggled to his feet and pulled away from Xiumin as he tried to help. He grabbed Kris by his collar and pushed him to the floor. The little strength he had was enough to take him by surprise. All the rage and pain he had kept hidden away finally came out. 

"What are you doing!?"

"You had a choice! Don't think I didn't see what you did!" Luhan screamed, "You could have saved her when I couldn't!"

Xiumin pulled Luhan off of Kris who was held back by Chen. Luhan gasped in pain as he grabbed his stomach. He growled at Kris as he brushed back his hair. They stared at each other, neither of them looking away.

"Choice!? " Kris snapped, "That choice you're talking about!?"

"Don't act like you ing cared! I saw everything!"

"What the hell are you talking about!?" Xiumin screamed, "What choice!?"

Kris felt his eyes water and glanced at Luhan, "I... I..."

"No! Wake up!"

They turned to see Ga Eun shaking Kyungsoo who was slowly transforming. His body was still and they could feel their breathing stop. Chen ran towards Kyungsoo and pulled him into his arms before running towards the house. Xiumin pushed past Kris and Luhan and followed after Chen. 

"No! No! No!" 

Ga Eun screamed as she ran after them as well. She stopped in front of Luhan and felt her heart slowly ripping. His eyes were red and empty. His lips were dry and cracking. She noticed his sharp collarbones sticking out of his thick sweater. She closed her eyes and struggled to remember the warm doe-like eyes that brought her to them. Luhan held his breath as he stretched out and touched the ends of her hair. 

"You're not him," Ga Eun breathed, "You're not him."

Luhan watched as she ran up the driveway and into the house. He stared at his outstretched hand and smiled. Even after months of hoping and praying, having her in front of him put his memory to shame.

How could he forget the way she looked? How could he forget what made him fall in love with her?

How could she forget how much she loved him?

"That is Ga Eun. It's her."

"Of course." Kris whispered, "Who else would it be?"

"She came back to me." Luhan nodded, "She came back to us."

•••••••••••

(Author's Note)

OMG! I am so sorry for not updating! My laptop has been acting up and I forgot to even update! I hope this chapter isn't too terrible but I completely forgot what has happened so far in this story and the other 2. Like please correct me if I mess up in any way! Please do so! Anywho, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and please leave lots of comments! Thanks again for everything!!