Sorrow

The Wolves: Marked | New Chapter- Chapter 13|
"It's still you."
"It's still you."
-Margaret Atwood, Shapechangers in Winter

"Put him on the bed!"

"How is he?"

Chen placed Kyungsoo on his bed and Xiumin covered him with a thick blanket. Kris pushed past them and placed his head on his chest. He looked up when Gaeun stepped inside. Her hair was disheveled and her clothes ripped. There was a large scar from the base of her neck towards her shoulder. Her eyes were wide and bloodshot and the scars on her face more prominent. 

"Get Gaeun something to wear" Kris ordered as he turned back to Kyungsoo.

He was barely breathing and his heartrate was speeding. Chen took off his sweater and gently handed it to Gaeun. She stepped back before grabbing it. Her eyes never left Kyungsoo. She stiffened when she felt someone behind her. Gaeun turned to stare at Luhan who was struggling to catch his breath.

"Are you ok?" Luhan gasped, "Are you in any pain?"

Gaeun felt a sharp pain in her chest and she fell to the floor. Her body started shaking as she turned back to Luhan who had sat down as well. His eyes were watery and sad. She shook her head and turned away as her heart rate sped up. She gasped for air as she grabbed her head, trying to shake away the memories flooding her.

"Gaeun?"

She looked up to see Kyungsoo reaching out for her, his voice barely a whisper. Instinctively she ran towards him, grabbing his hand. She felt herself relax as the familiar scent of Suho reached her. She wiped his hair out of his face and stared into his dark eyes. There was something so familiar about him that she couldn't help but lean closer.

"Why do you have his scent?"

"Whose scent?" Kyungsoo whispered, his hand gripping hers tighter

"Suho's. Why do you smell like him?"

Xiumin and Chen growled at the mention of the name and Gaeun stiffened. She glared at them as she took a protective stance in front of Kyungsoo. She glanced at Kris and finally at Luhan who was still on the floor. He held his head in his hands and started laughing. Kris turned towards him with questioning eyes.

"Why are you laughing?" Kris asked, "What's so funny?"

"Don't you see?" Luhan laughed, "She doesn't remember anything!"

Chen and Xiumin looked at Gaeun as she grabbed her head. She looked at Kyungsoo who squeezed her hand. She turned back towards Luhan whose laugh turned into cries. His small body was shaking as he wiped away his tears. His eyes burned into hers and she grabbed her chest in pain.

"Why else would she say his name?" Luhan murmured

"She's been gone for almost a year," Xiumin said, "Who else do you think she was with?"

"She got bitten," Chen rolled his eyes, "Of course she's going to be with the ones who did it to her."

"No!" Luhan screamed, "Aren't you listening!?"

Kris grabbed Luhan as he struggled to stand up. He moved towards Gaeun who stepped back. His hands were out as if he wanted to touch her. There was something different about her. She looked like the Gaeun he loved but was acting differently. 

"What do you mean?" Kris pulled him back, "What are you talking about?"

"The way she says his name," Luhan blinked away tears, "With so much love."

••••••••••••

"Get him out of here."

Chen and Xiumin grabbed Luhan and pulled him away. They quietly shut the door as they left Kris alone with her. They took Luhan to the living room where he fell asleep. They turned to look at each other, unsure of what to do.

"Let's go find Lay and Tao," Xiumin suggested, "We might need to leave soon."

"What for?"

"They're going to look for her. It's not like they just let her leave."

"Chen can go find Lay and Tao."

Kris stepped out of the bedroom before closing the door. He tossed a nearby bag towards Xiumin before grabbing another. Xiumin quickly nodded and headed towards the rooms, packing along any essentials. Chen simply shrugged before heading out the door with keys in his hands.

"Where are we going to go?"

"I'm not sure."

Xiumin glanced at Luhan who was still sleeping, "Will she be coming with us?"

"I don't know," Kris sighed, "Even if she doesn't we're still in danger."

"So we might leave her?"

Kris looked at Luhan, "No. She'll be the one to leave us."

••••••••••••

"How are you feeling?"

"Better."

Kyungsoo struggled to stand up but smiled when Gaeun helped him. She glanced at him and frowned when she noticed how weak he was. Compared to Suho and the others, he was smaller. But he still smelled like them, like her. Her head was spinning until a realization hit her.

"D.O?"

"How do you know-?"

"Are you D.O?" Gaeun frowned, "I heard that name before."

"I am. I mean, I was."

Kyungsoo winced in pain as he felt his body tremble. Changing took away the little strength he had and it didn't help that it had been so long. He stared at Gaeun who winced as she unconsciously touched her face.

"What do you mean you were? Are you part of them?"

"N0," Kyungsoo hissed, "I'm not like them. I was never like them."

"Then why are you here?" Gaeun grew desperate, "Why am I here?"

Kyungsoo reached to wipe away her tears and traced the lines of her scars. It felt like yesterday when she first showed up at the house. Her hair was long and dark and there was an innocence to her eyes. Eyes full of wonder that quickly turned into hate and fear. If only they had never met her. If only they had never existed. But there was a pang of guilt as Kyungsoo secretly knew that even though she would have never gotten hurt, he would have never met her.

He hated himself for thinking like that.

"You were the one to find us. You should know."

Gaeun wiped away her tears and held onto her head. Why did it hurt so much everytime she tried to remember something? Why was she like this? She should have never left. She should have stayed with Suho. 

"I missed you."

"What?"

"I missed you so much."

"Who are you? What am I even doing here?"

"I don't know."

Gaeun starting sobbing as the pain in her head grew worse. She felt the whole world crashing down on her as she rocked back and forth. What the hell was she even doing? She looked up to see Kyungsoo's hand tracing the scar on her shoulder. He wiped away his own tears as the memories came back.

"That must have hurt. I'm sorry."

She looked down and stared at it as well. Her hands fluttered over it as she closed her eyes. They flew open when she heard screams. She looked up to see Suho walking towards her, his body shaking. She gripped her head as memories flooded her. She looked up to see him himn pull out a knife out of his stomach and she felt a sharp pain all over. 

"Gaeun?"

Gaeun crawled back as she started crying. She watched herself rushing to grab the knife before she let out a painful scream. She grabbed her neck as she felt Suho bite into her, his sharp teeth sinking in.

"Gaeun!?"

"He did it! He did it! Suho! He-!"

Kyungsoo fell onto the floor and pulled her towards him. He wrapped his arms around her as she kept crying. He winced in pain when Gaeun started thrashing as the pain grew stronger."

"What's wrong!?"

"He bit me! Suho bit me!" Gaeun gasped for air, "He did this to me!"

••••••••••••

Author's note:

Well I am finally back! (well sort of). I just wanted to write a small chapter because I am so grateful for having Untamed featured! I know it's been forever since I last updated but I have a really good excuse! LOL. Please let me know what you think of the story so far and leave lots of comments! Maybe an upvote as well? lol

Thanks again for everything!

Image result for supernatural thank you gif