Fragile

The Wolves: Marked | New Chapter- Chapter 13|

Kris hesitated as he stepped towards the bedroom door. He had stayed up all night alongside Chen to make sure nothing happened to Luhan and Kyungsoo. Chen had fallen asleep on the couch while Kris stayed awake. He got worried when Luhan nor Kyungsoo had made any sounds. 

They were silent as the night.

Lay tapped Kris lightly on his shoulder and frowned when he shook his head in response. They both stared at Chen before opening the door, hoping that nothing bad had happened.

"They didn't scream all night," Lay yawned, "I was worried."

"Imagine how I felt," Kris sighed, "I kept standing outside their door."

"Why didn't you go in?"

"Because I thought maybe they were sleeping."

Lay rolled his eyes and sighed once more, "They never sleep." He forced a smile, "Unless Xiumin manages to drug them."

They turned back to the room and stepped inside. The room was still dark even when the curtains were wide open. Lay walked over to Luhan and cleared his throat. Kyungsoo was still asleep and his blanket hung off of his small body. Kris reached out and adjusted it before brushing back his hair.

"Is he still sleeping?" Kris looked at Lay, "Or is he pretending?"

"I'm awake," Luhan murmured, "I managed to get some sleep."

"Then why haven't you gotten up?" Lay smiled, "It's time for breakfast."

"I was waiting for Kyungsoo," Luhan sat up with much effort, "I didn't want to leave him alone."

"Are you feeling better?"

Luhan looked up at Lay who stared at his wrists, his fingers delicately brushing back the gauze. He stared at the deep cuts and his eyes widened before wincing in pain. He slowly nodded his head and sat up straighter. Luhan ignored Lay's outstretched hand and threw his legs over the bed, desperate to stand up. Lay managed to catch Luhan before his body smashed onto the ground.

"I'm okay," Luhan gasped, "I just need some practice."

"It's been too long," Lay murmured, "I can just bring you your food."

"No," Kris' deep voice resonated, "He needs to do it on his own."

Luhan pushed Lay away and fell onto the ground. Mustering up his strength, he stood up and reached for Lay's hand. He began to walk towards the door, sweat running down his face as he struggled to breathe. Kris stayed besides Kyungsoo and watched as they finally reached the kitchen table.

"Did he make it?" Kyungsoo whispered, "Is he all right?"

"You're awake?" Kris glanced at Kyungsoos' face, "Since when?"

"Just now."

"Want me to bring you some food?"

"Hyung," Kyungsoos' eyes brimmed with tears, "I don't think I can make it."

"I can help you," Kris smiled, "You just need to hold my hand."

"It's not that."

"Then what?"

Kyungsoo took a deep breath and forced a smile. Unlike Luhan who had was able to sleep through the night, he wasn't able to close his eyes without feeling pain. It had become harder for him to breathe and the pain was too strong for him to rest. Tossing and turning through the night had made it impossible for Kyungsoo to do anything. He could feel his heart struggling to pump. 

Kyungsoo was scared.

He didn't want to die just yet.

"I can't breathe anymore," He murmured, "It's getting hard for me to continue living."

Kris looked away and fought back his tears. He knew what was happening to Kyungsoo but there wasn't anything he could do. His irregular heartbeat was the only thing he could hear in the dark room. Kris turned back to Kyungsoo with eyes full of rage and clenched teeth.

"And whose fault is that?" Kris snapped, "Who's the one that gave up?"

"I-I-I tried my best," Kyungsoo cried, "I did all that I could."

"No, Luhan was the one who did all he could. At least he's not killing himself unlike you." Kris stood up and pointed a finger at the door. He turned to see Luhan staring back at them with tired eyes and a weak smile. "Luhan hasn't given up. He's still holding onto that tiny chance of hope unlike you."

Chen ran inside the room when he heard screams. He pulled Kris back and pushed him away. Kyungsoo sat up and brushed away his tears. Kris struggled out of Chens' grasp and turned back to Kyungsoo.

"Now get your up and walk to that ing kitchen!" His scream woke up the rest of the members. "Wake up and get your together."

"Stop yelling at him, " Chen softly said, "You're making things worse."

"How would Ga Eun react if she saw you that way!?" Kris felt tears fall, "Not good, right? Luhan loves Ga Eun," He ran a hand through his hair, "Luhan is willing to live just for her," A smirk crept Kris' face, "Unlike your pathetic self."

Kris stomped out of the room while dragging Chen away. He slammed the door shut and sat down at the kitchen table. Chen pulled away from his tight grasp and sat down as well. He knew better than to ignore Kris' orders when he was angry. Lay looked up to see Tao and Xiumin walking downstairs, frustration in their eyes. They sat down to eat and kept glancing at Kris who stuffed food inside his mouth.

"What about Kyungsoo?" Luhan finally spoke up, "Why did you do that?"

"Aren't you tired of watching him like that?" Kris stared at him, "Aren't you tired of watching him cry like a ing idiot?"

"He's suffering."

"So are you."

Luhan understood what Kris meant. He was feeling the exact same thing Kyungsoo was going through. Committing suicide or running away were the only two options he thought he had. But dreaming of Ga Eun and seeing her smiling face was something he couldn't bear to lose. The moment he opened his eyes, he knew that he needed to get himself together.

He was going to find her sooner or later.

"He'll come around," Luhan looked away, "It's only a matter of time."

"How did you do it?" Xiumin frowned, "Why all of a sudden?"

"I thought you were going to die," Tao bluntly said, "I was getting your casket ready."

Lay and Chen glared at Tao before finishing their food. Although his words were harsh, it was something everyone had been thinking. The members jumped up in surprise when the bedroom door slammed open. Kyungsoo panted for air as he crawled through the open door. Xiumin stood up to help but was pulled back by Kris.

"Let him do it by himself."

"He's going to kill himself doing that!" Xiumin snapped, "Don't you care anymore?"

"Chen, go help him," Lay sighed, "He's too weak."

"No," Kris growled, "Let him do it by himself."

The members stared at each other in confusion and frustration as Kris went back to eating. They glanced at Kyungsoo as he crawled to them bit by bit. Lay stood up but sat back down in surprise. Luhan pushed his chair away as he walked towards Kyungsoo, pulling him up with whatever strength he had. A soft smile spread across his face as he sat him down in a chair.

"I thought you weren't going to do it," Luhan chuckled, "I was worried for a second."

"Well," Kyungsoo gasped, "I can't let Kris get the last word."

The group snickered softly as they saw Kyungsoo roll his eyes in Kris' direction. Lay proudly set a large bowl of rice in front of Kyungsoo and smiled when he began to eat. The room went silent when Kris cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry," He murmured, "I just wanted-"

"Yeah," Kyungsoo nodded, "I understand."

"Isn't this nice?" Tao spoke up, "Being here like this."

"Yeah, except for the awkwardness and disgusting stench coming from Luhan and Kyungsoo." Chen rolled his eyes, "But I guess it is nice."

"Exactly," Xiumin wrinkled his nose, "Someone needs to take a shower."

"Stop spoiling the mood," Lay snapped, "I haven't had a decent meal since forever."

Everyone went back to eating but stopped when Kyungsoo cleared his throat. They looked up to see Kris staring at him with expectant eyes, waiting for whatever he had to say."

"Hyung," Kyungsoo whispered, "You sure can be a huge ."

"Barely figuring it out, huh?" Luhan chuckled, "Where have you been all this time?"

"I don't know," He truthfully answered, "I don't know either."

••••••••••••