Wondering

The Wolves: Marked | New Chapter- Chapter 13|

Luhan stared at the Rubik's cube in his lap, the colors faded. He closed his eyes and solved it once more, his fingers moving on its own. He opened his eyes and turned to face Kyungsoo who held out his hand, a soft smile on his face.

"Want me to shuffle it?" Kyungsoo murmured, "Since, you know..."

"Yeah," Luhan nodded, "Sure."

Kyungsoo shuffled the cube and handed it to him, watching as Luhan solved it with ease. They sat quietly on the couch, the voices of the other members loud in the background. Luhan broke the silence by chuckling softly to himself.

"What?" Kyungsoo looked up, "Why are you laughing?"

"You really at doing this," Luhan held up the cube, "I solved it too easily."

"That's because you play with it all the time."

"Ga Eun was good at this."

Luhan felt Kyungsoo stiffen next to him and smiled softly. He fiddled with the cube and felt his fingers feel the small cracks and dents on it. He looked up and sighed deeply.

"She got this for me," Luhan softly said, "Out of nowhere she showed up and handed it to me."

"Ga Eun hated that thing," Kyungsoo chuckled, "She said you loved it more than her."

"It's the only thing I have from her."

"I know."

Kyungsoo felt someone poke his shoulder and glanced to see Lay and Chen holding onto a tray of food. They wordlessly set it on the coffee table before going back to the kitchen. He turned to see Kris, Xiumin and Tao staring at them with worried expressions.

"She was always bad at picking gifts," Kyungsoo smiled at the memory, "Remember what she got me?"

"A cookbook," Luhan laughed, "She wanted you to learn new things."

"Of course she did. Ga Eun wanted me to cook her new things."

"You almost threw it at her."

"She deserved it."

Luhan reached out and nibbled on the sandwich Xiumin made and gave one to Kyungsoo. They forced themselves to eat, knowing that they needed their energy. They were too weak to do anything. Kris and Chen stepped inside the living room and sat down on the flood, turning on the tv. Tao and Lay sat on either side of Luhan and Kyungsoo while Xiumin sat on the armchair by the front door.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Lay asked, "Do you need anything?"

"We need food," Tao sighed, "We're running out."

"That's because you're eating all of it," Chen grumbled, "Taking everyone elses's  portion."

"You even stole my food," Xiumin rolled his eyes, "Even when I told you not to eat it."

"We can always go get more food," Kris crossed his arms, "It's not like we're going to run out."

"I want meat."

The members looked up and stared at Luhan who rubbed his stomach. He smiled at the members and stretched his arms, poking Kyungsoo in his stomach. Kyungsoo punched him back, his arm falling weakly to his side.

"I want kimchi spaghetti," Kyungsoo pouted, "I haven't eaten it in forever."

"Are you sure?" Kris frowned, "Lay doesn't really know how to make it."

"I can do it myself."

"Maybe we should just order in," Xiumin smiled awkwardly, "Chicken?"

"I want meat," Luhan narrowed his eyes, "Samgyeopsal."

"And I want kimchi spaghetti," Kyungsoo nodded, "I don't want chicken."

"Fine," Lay stood up, "I was getting tired of cooking anyways."

••••••••••••

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Tao stared at Luhan and Kyungsoo who were struggling to keep up. They held onto their chests as they walked behind the group. Xiumin and Chen walked towards them and helped them. They had barely walked two blocks before they needed to take a break.

"We should go back home," Lay frowned, "They can't walk much further."

"It's fine," Luhan gasped, "We need the exercise."

"Besides," Kyungsoo agreed, "It's not that far."

"Lay," Kris blinked, "Take Tao and go shop for food. Meet us back at the car."

"Okay," Tao nodded as he held out his hand, "We won't take long."

"What?"

"We need money."

Kris grimaced as he handed his card to Tao who ran off with Lay. He turned towards the others and noticed a small café with a bookstore attached to it. He motioned for Xiumin and Chen to bring them inside, covering their faces when their scarfs slipped. Luhan and Kyungsoo sat at a nearby table and watched as the others went to get drinks.

"I'm so out of shape," Luhan moaned, "I can barely walk."

"I can't breathe," Kyungsoo agreed, "It's been so long."

Luhan nodded and finally took the time to examine Kyungsoo's face. His cheekbones were hollow and his eyes were sunken. His skin was a light grayish color and his body trembled. Kyungsoo looked awful.

But Luhan was no better.

His eyes were dim and bare while his skin looked washed out. His eyes were red and bloodshot as if he hadn't slept in days. There were marks all over his face from scratches he made while he slept. His lips were cracked and full of scabs.

Kyungsoo looked up and scooted in his seat, Chen sitting besides him. He handed him a cup of orange juice and took a sip of his coffee. Xiumin handed Luhan his bubble tea and noticed Kris staring out the window.

"How long has it been?"

Xiumin looked at Kris and frowned, "What do you mean?"

"How long has it been since we've been out?" Kris stared at the people passing by, "All of us."

"Six months," Chen replied, "It's been six months."

"That long huh?" Luhan muttered, "It's been that long."

"Nothing much happened huh?" Kyungsoo swallowed, "Nothing new?"

"Not really," Xiumin shook his head, "We haven't found anything."

"It's as if they disappeared off the face of the planet," Chen nodded, "They made sure to hide their tracks."

"We searched the house again," Kris sighed, "Nothing new there."

"Maybe she's looking for us."

The members looked at Luhan who stared blankly out the window. He could feel their eyes on him and he stood up to look around the bookstore. He closed his eyes and fluttered his fingers over the spines of the book. He opened them when he noticed a girl looking for a book, her long dark hair falling over her shoulders. She turned slightly and he felt his heart beat faster.

Without thinking, he ran towards her and turned her around. Luhan felt his cheeks grow red when he saw her face. He bowed in apology and watched as she walked away.

'She's not the same,'  He wondered, 'It's not her.'

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

I am so sorry I haven't update in a while. I have finally made time to update since my internship has ended. I've been resting so that I could think of how to finish the story. Anyways, I really hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter even though it pretty much . If you guys have read my recent blog, I will focus my attention on Marked so I can finish it quicker. I think I figured how to end the story but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm thinking a few more chapters and then the fun begins. 

So comment, upvote and do all that jazz.  Until next chapter guys! ^^