Chapter 8

Lightless
 
 
"So funny guys," Joon said as he entered the kitchen with his hands on his hips. "Why don't you get slapped in the face?!" 
I butted in because I just had to correct him. "Technically, it was your lips and you even said that you wanted a kiss! You received what you wanted." 
Yoseob high-fived me from behind which caused me to chuckle inside but only showing a bright smile. Joon questioned us,  then chased us out of the corner. We resulted in just playing a light tag with each other, enjoying the delightful feeling that our laughter and grins radiated. 
Joon was chasing the both of us, more after Yoseob than anything else. He tackled him and I ran to rescue him, but we both resulted in tickling the boy that was pinned against his life on the ground. 
"Stop!" He laughed. "I can't breathe!" He exclaimed with a pant. His shortages of breath drew my hands back to give him some mercy. 
I crashed on the floor next to the two men that I've soon to realize were staring at me. My attention was focused on the ceiling and regulating my breaths. I had to admit, they really brightened up my world that was once dim and sorrow with only memories of the past. On almost everyday of the week, I at least teared a bit, but I couldn't control myself. I couldn't lasso my feelings to where I can hold and bite back what I felt, they would just come out without my consent. It's not just that I didn't want to sob in front of the people who glanced down at me, it was just too painful for me. The only thing that my thoughts wander back on every time I ponder about my parents was doing better. I should've aided them with the tasks they needed to be completed and I should've told them how much I really love and appreciate them. Now, I have to live on without saying anything to them and that creates a guilty feeling to claw at my heart. But I promised, for their sake, that I will become a person and daughter that they could boast about and be proud of. Because that was the only way I could create meaning in my life and have them shine down at me like the sun and praise me. I imagine them hugging me multiple times, kissing my head, to display how they felt about me. They loved me even if I said nothing, ignored them when I was furious, told them that I hated them, they still came back to assure me. 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
 
 
 
 
Pic credits: http://fanfictionblogdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/iu_the_story_only_i_didnt_know2.jpg