Chapter 5

Lightless
 
 
 
The throbbing in my head was the cause for me to wake. 
How long was I out? 
"Yoseob?" I called out. When my eyes adjusted, I looked around my surroundings. I was alone and in Yoseob's bedroom. Weren't we at the mall earlier? I could've sworn that he was making bird noises, or was I hallucinating? That wouldn't be too surprising that for sure. I've dealt with hallucination due to starvation but it didn't appear as real as right now. 
I swung my legs to the side of the bed while pushing myself off. He wasn't anywhere in sight. Did he carry me all the way here? Without those men seeing me? The thought seemed simply impossible, but I could be wrong. That wouldn't be a first either. 
The door opened with laughter entering as well. Yoseob came in with a plate piled with food and a beverage, placing it on his desk on the fair right corner. 
"You're up? Thank God!" He rushed over to me, embracing me into a hug. I had to admit, his scent was so pleasant that I could stay in his arms until his scent rotted my nose. 
What am I thinking?! 
"Evie? Are you alright?" He said once he pulled away. Quickly opening my eyes, I ducked my head to look at my feet. How embarrassing was that? I hope he didn't notice. 
The plate on the table grabbed my attention and I examined the neatly displayed food. There was a bowl filled with noodles drenched in sauce that obviously had seasoning, surrounding that bowl were small portions of meats and shredded vegetables. 
I saw his lips move but I couldn't hear anything. He gestured to the plate until I picked it up and began eating. Let me say, for a pretty-boy, he cooks so damn well. The meat was perfectly grilled and the noodles were soft like they are suppose to be, the vegetables and seasoning was fresher than the ocean air. 
I attempted to reply and show my gratitude, but no sound was coming out. Exactly like the dream. Or was the dream real? I thought dreams are for your deepest and wondrous thoughts that were made up of pure passion to form what you desired; not dark nightmares filled with such a grimness that fear has nothing to do but cringe. Was this a dream and the woods real life? Was I dead or alive? 
"Is your head feeling alright?" He inquired as his palm pressed against my forehead. I didn't realize I was sweating until he pulled his hand back. The soup was suppose to create the heat in my body steam so I would sweat and cool myself down. It was interesting how everything functioned in our bodies. 
My ears perked up to a ruckus of noises and shouting behind the door. 
"They're so lo-" I began to say until the door cut me off.
"Yoseob! Come and pl-" an extremely handsome man stepped in. I didn't know his name or any information of him but my eyes wouldn't retreat like they usually would. I was speechless, thoughtless. His arms were crossed as he sent a threatening glare towards Yoseob.
"And who is this?" 
"My.. friend," he said uncertainly. I wasn't his friend, I barely knew him.
The man stalked towards me and offered his hand. I shakily placed mine in his and he brought it up to his lips to brush a gentle kiss on my skin. Goosebumps wrinkled my body as he exhaled, his warm breath washing my hand. 
"Joon stop!" Yoseob shouted from behind us. 
"I'm having my share," Joon said as his lusty gaze reached my eyes. 
"Excuse you, I'm not the last slice of pie so you can go screw yourself," I retorted. How can a man so grace and handsome have negative speech? 
"Feisty one, aren't ya'?" He stepped closer towards me and leaned closer to my face. I leaned backwards until my back slammed against the wall, I would break through it if he inched any closer. His smirked lips were too close to mine. 
"Joon! Control your hormones!" Yoseob yanked him by the collar of his shirt and I could see the muscles in his arms as he attempted to refuse. 
"DooJoon is going to road kill you if he finds out you're hiding her," Joon turned his back towards me. He began to walk but he tripped over a piece of Yoseob's scattered laundry. I burst out laughing until my sides hurt, I had to sit down on the bed. Joon sought his revenge by racing towards the bed and crawling on top of me like a cat. He was extremely arousing when he was towering over me but I had to avert from his piercing gaze. 
His eyes widened, then set over mine. 
"Baby, you don't know what you got yourself into," his husky voice was anything but a turn on. I had to suppress my laughter that was rising in my throat by smirking. I wrapped my hands around his neck then ever so sneakily, kneed him in the guts. 
"Obviously, you don't either," I retorted. I slid off of the bed when he fell to the ground, in fetal position. 
"You wicked little," Joon began. He grabbed my ankle and pulled me towards the floor. I shrieked from the unexpected drag and warmth coating my skin. I was under him again.
"What's your problem?" I pushed his face away and stood again. I turned around to face Yoseob who was standing with a blank expression, observing all of our actions. What? What could I possibly have done now?
"What? He started it!" I pointed an accusing finger at him and stomped like used to do when I was little. If this didn't work on him, then I didn't know what did. 
Joon stood next to me and s his arm around my waist, pulling into his chest. 
"We're bonding!" He exclaimed.
Yeah, bonding my .
He almost tried to me! I shot him a look of my disapproval. 
"Evie.. Nice shot." Yoseob said, breaking our little staring contest. I completely won that round. "But.. You guys barely known each other and you guys act like you've been best friends since birth!" He was frustrated, that's all I could think of. I couldn't experience his feelings, his thoughts, I had no idea why he was angry. Was it pure jealousy? He was jealous? This is going to be exciting.
I side glanced at Joon, hopefully he'd catch my signal that was represented by a smirk. 
"Yoseob, meet my girlfriend, Evie," Joon said, planting a gentle kiss on my head. Heat rushed to the side of my head where he had kissed me, I hoped none of it displayed on my cheeks. That would have Joon teasing me instead. 
How could a complete idiot, who tackled me to the floor, be as gentle as a leaf? It puzzled my brain. 
"Not even in hell," I said under my breath. To make his lie seem convincible, he snuggled his head into my neck without my consent.
"Yah!" I tucked my leg behind his, pushing him down to the floor. 
(A/N: It's the leg trick that causes you to fall. The cast of Running Man does it a lot.)
Yoseob's dark eyes widened, then closed to their regular size. 
"What.." 
The way he sounded made me think that he was hurt, pained. My heart ached momentarily, thought of him crying.
I turned towards Joon and forcing myself to keep a straight face. He was doing the same thing but we ended up bursting out into a pack of hyena-laughter. I think I spit a bit on his face. 
"You spit on me! Gross!" He wiped his face with the sleeve of his jacket and rubbed the remains on my bare arm. 
"Ew! Get off of me!" I shoved him off of me and ran to Yoseob to hide behind him. 
"Wait! What just happened?" 
"It was a joke, Seobie," I stated as I clutched on his shirt. I clamped a hand over my mouth. 
Seobie? What the hell? 
Now, he's going to think I have some interest in him. I mentally slapped my brain around against my skull. 
Joon was coming and just by the way his cheeks were puffed out, I could tell that his mouth was full of saliva. 
"Have some mercy, Joon!" 
He released the pressure in his mouth, I was expecting to be showered with his spit. I was going to have to take an extra steaming, blistering shower. But none of it came. It was ironic how I was a germaphobe even though I was living on the streets for almost most of my life. 
There was no contact of anything on my skin, just a cool breeze from the air conditioner. 
"Joon, you're just an for teasing me like that!" 
"Hahah! You should've seen your face!" I glanced up at Yoseob to see if he had a reaction. He was grinning down at me, his eyes twinkling due to the evening's moonlight cascading through the window. The light shadowed some of his other features, making his nose and jawline appear sharp. My heart sped up, causing my pulse to ring in my ears. 
What is he doing to me?
"It was hilarious!" Yoseob stated, hi-fiving Joon. 
"I'm going to leave. It was nice meeting you, Evie," Joon said. I was suddenly curious to where he was going, I wanted to leave this compacted prison space that's called a bedroom.