Chapter 11

Lightless

 

Once the last words were scribbled on the paper, my tears halted on their shedding but my cheeks were still moist of them. I couldn't contain myself, from all these years I wished for a sob as long as that so I could release how I felt on the inside that I couldn't describe in words. Crying was my way of displaying not of how weak I was or was becoming, it was to display the history that I've been through. Some people just don't put an effort to discover another reason as to why we cry besides our pathetic way to be sorrowful. 
"Evie.." Yoseob breathed. That was all he had to say for me to break down in another storm of tears. I've never felt such a burden feeling towards him in my life, I was using his water, his bed, and wasting his life with my presence when he should be working and dealing with his problems that were already settled on his plate. I was the biggest issue on his plate, he had to care for a peasant that should be on the streets for the remainder for her life and skip multiple days at work. How could I be so selfish towards him?
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be here in the first place," I claimed in a shaky breath. Even though I was denying and avoiding the fact that I was exploiting and taking advantage of him, it was true. I couldn't swat that feeling away from my heart or mind so it just remained and grew into grief. 
"If you haven't noticed you're the best thing that has ever hapened to me."
"W-what?" I turned around to confront him; he had to be lying to spare my feelings. He strode over to where I was perched on his chair, in front of his desk, to knot his arms around my shoulders. His warmth transferred over to me where it melted the coldness in my heart, the water dripping to my stomach causing to wake the butterflies that was suppose to cease to exist. I never would've thought I would find love again after my previous boyfriend. His excuse to break our relationship was because he wasn't going to visit me frequently as he did, now that he loved to France. In my heart, I knew he was being sincere but once I saw a picture on a social media site with him revealing the upper half of his body and a girl glued to his side. Not to mention that there were drinks present in their hands. That's when my hatred for him began. 
"Don't doubt yourself," he whispered so only I could hear. That was all I could hear besides our soft and steady breathing.