Chapter 12

Lightless

 

"Y-Yoseob," my voice came out shaky. He released his hold on me so he could gaze into my gleaming, curious eyes. "Do you like me?"
Silence was the rearmost thing I wanted to hear from my response, I was expecting a rapid answer like his words came from his heart and he couldn't contain himself. Like he was yearning for this moment where he thought I'd never ponder on the question, but I felt foolish. It would be a miracle if he found the burning passion that was left to light the liveliness in me, the light that people tend to oversee and avoid, only fixed on my poor state. 
Yoseob's breath hitched into short, quiet pants that could only be heard if someone was as close to him as I was. 
"..Yes.." He trailed off from embarrassment, a scarlet color staining his cheeks. "I have for awhile."
"Really?" Was all I could think of at the moment. My mind was only focused on the movement of his features such as his eyes that reflected his emotions, his lips that spoke nothing other than soft and hush that were against my ear, and his eyebrows that rose and fell ever so often. It was then when I realized that it was darkening outside, the moonlight cascading to the left side of his face and leaving his right to be conceal with shadows. The only feature that stood out and bore into my eyes were his eyes that seemed to be glowing brighter than the illumination of the moon. I was entrapped in a trance of his beauty and I was the princess who was waiting for him to wake me from my deep slumber. 
"Go to sleep, it's becoming night." He searched for my fingers so he could lace entangle with mine, guiding me through the shadows of the night to the bed. I climbed in before him, him tucking the comforter over our bodies then circling his arm around my waist. Goosebumps covered my skin when he exhaled his steamy sigh against my neck. 
"Yoseob?"
"Hm?"
"Let's have a better relationship."
"I agree." 
My heart was coated my words with affection when my mind- which was my only sense of reality- was speaking a different language. I knew I couldn't simply allow my foolish, adolescent heart get broken again with these type of men. Yoseob seemed he wouldn't harm a ladybug, but my ex had the same appearance. That one rotted apple ruined my opinion and caused me to generalize men all as heartbreakers, cold and emotionless. I couldn't be wrong.