Chapter 1

Lightless
 
 
 
 
No home. No parents. No money. No one to comfort my ill state and restore the once forgotten affection I used to bear. I've been wandering the harsh streets of Seoul for all my life. Throughout the years, I have been persecuted and yelled at by the citizens. I once used to be a beaming child. A lovable, intellectual student who adored everything, but that all disappeared when my parents were taken away from me. They were shot; cold and lifeless right before my young, adolescent eyes in a robbery. I was only seven years old and ever since then I was depending on some light to shine through this dim air. I have no one. I am nothing and will be nothing. I am lightless
It's my ninth year that I lived here and I have been accompanied with other homeless wanderers with similar stories. Who am I kidding? No one understands the pain, the tears, and the emotions I have endured. When they say they do, they're just a lie wrapped in a pretty little bow. I didn't choose to be this way, it just occurred. You must be asking, "Doesn't she have any other family members? Siblings?" Yeah, I have family just like everyone else but do you think those arrogant ticks even spend one thought on a peasant such as myself? They rather be throwing last season's outfits. They're either consumed in purchasing useless accessories or throwing money into gambling machines. I hate those people the most. They're all the same; bastards. 
I do have a name, Evie. I'm only seventeen but I also have dreams like everyone else. With my parents by my side, I wanted to become a doctor. I wanted to aid patients that were suffering and to form a smile upon their cracked lips. I did have a boyfriend as well. We broke up since he moved to Paris to be accepted into his favorite university. I don't blame him but the feelings definitely vanished due to the new ones I have encountered. My heart doesn't even ache anymore when his name is used. I just want to be a normal girl. A girl who loves her lively and supporting parents, a life filled with love and happiness, and a dream home only she could ever dream for. She would give anything to have a plate of food set before her. Just anything. 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Pic URL -  http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/47/View_from_N_Seoul_Tower_at_night.jpg/800px-View_from_N_Seoul_Tower_at_night.jpg