17TH THREAD

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't just stay in here and let those people ruin my life.

Sitting on the toilet in a bathroom stall crying is not what I had imagined about this night.

I have to do something, but wait...

Where's V?

I quickly left the bathroom hoping that V would be looking for me, but what are the odds? He seems to be acting strange ever since we've arrived here. Hopefully, he's wondering where the drinks are—but there aren't any drinks around, courtesy to our very own homeroom.

 

 

 

As I approached the front of the gym doors, I took a deep breath. This is it. If one more thing happens to me, I must do something about it. I can't just sit back and not do anything anymore.

I will do something.

The beat of the music seemed to be playing louder and louder than before.

More and more people started to crowd the dance floor in the middle of the gym as the lights dimmed. Great. I forgot that I'm still soaked in fruit punch, and that I look teary-eyed. This must be fate.

Now, where's V?

"V! V! Where are you?" I yelled into the loud gym. I guess no one can hear me. Why must the music have to be so loud?

As I walked closer and closer to the back area of the gym, I noticed BTS causing a ruckus, "Woo! That was perfect!" That definitely has to be them. Who else would sound like that? I've never been so glad to see them in my life. I felt so lost trying to find V, "Oh hey look! It's Snow Woman! Check this out!" Jimin pushed me towards the middle of the group. He pushed me so hard I fell to the ground.

When I peered upward, I was able to see V...and Park JungAh??? The both of them were intensely kissing right in front of my eyes.

It's like the world suddenly stopped.

My heart felt as if it dropped to the core of the Earth as I felt hot beads of tears stream down my face.

That's it. I've had enough.

That's the last straw.

No. 

That's the last thread.

"What the actual ?!?!" I screamed. Suddenly the whole gym became silent, though the music continued playing. People stopped dancing and they were all staring at our corner. In what appeared to be seconds, the two finally stopped kissing in front of me. 

"Ugh, what do you want, Snow Woman?" V carelessly asked with his arms still around JungAh. I could tell she is already giving me death glares, but other than that, I was focused on V. I was also taken aback by V's sudden actions and attitude. Even if I coldly screamed at them, I have my rights.

"V, what the is going on? Why are you acting so cold towards me? Can you please explain? All throughout this night, it feels like you've been ignoring me!" I screamed as people continued to stare at us. That took me so much courage to say, but I've gone through too much bull tonight. I can sense that the BTS boys were quietly backing out of the scene. In my opinion, that was a very smart choice.

"Why am I acting so strange to you? When I was with you, that was the strange thing." He crossed his arms and more people started to gather around us to watch.

"W-what do you mean by that?" I was baffled upon his reply.

"You're so stupid, Snow Woman. That was the dare." He smirked, "Pretending to be your friend and acting close to you was just all a part of the dare. Since you were so love-struck, you completely fell for it." His boys high-fived him, "When BTS first dared me, I quickly declined, because no one, not even me would want to talk to you. Funny thing is, you fell for it." From there, everyone started laughing at me, "We weren't even dating to begin with so I took the opportunity to embarrass you at the dance, and look! It worked!"

"Hahahaha! She actually fell for it!"

"BTS makes the best dares!"

"That was pure genius!"

"Go V!!!!"

"So the rumors were true!"

I stood there dumbstruck. I didn't know how to react to that. He finally told me the dare after the numerous amounts of times I've pestered him about it. After all this time, I finally know what the dare is. Wow. This feeling is different from what I had expected. 

Feeling absolutely disgusted and sick of the humiliation, I struggled to go to the girls' restroom. From my peripheral vision, I can see V and JungAh kissing again as BTS screamed random things at them. People were still laughing at me as I was trying to pass through.

You know what?

The bathroom will probably be blocked off by girls applying and reapplying their makeup. I'll just head off to the hallway since it seems like no one is there.

 

 

 

As soon as I entered the hallway, I can feel warm tears streaming down my face as I can hear the Student Council trying to control the crowd, "Hello! This is you Student Council! Please refrain from..."  Hmm, it seems like their voices are fading as I walk farther and farther away from the gym. 

Just then, a bolt of lightning can be seen from the large school windows that I happened to be walking by. I wonder what the weather is like right now. I wiped away my tears with my bare hands. I peered through the window to see the rain down pouring under the silvery moon. It's also a full moon tonight. The last time I saw the weather like this was the night of the library. What are the odds of tonight be the worst night of my life?

My back was on the wall as I slowly slid down onto the floor as I hugged my knees as I looked across the other side of the hallway, "This is the path in life I've chosen to take, huh?" My eyes wandered to the ground.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter