10TH THREAD

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I opened my eyes to the candles that surrounded me that were unlit.

Slowly, I sat up from where I sat and I could feel a pang of pain rushing through my head, "Damn, what happened to me?"

I could feel a chilly breeze scurry across my back. 

"Oh, you're awake!" I could hear a voice.

"Hmm?" was all I could utter from my dry mouth. My body feels restless from yesterday's events.

That's strange, I can't feel pain anymore. I looked up from where I was to see my mother with blankets as she walks towards me. "Mom, can you explain to me what happened last night?" I questioned out of curiosity. She looked at me questionably.

"I'm just glad you were able to wake up from that ritual, darling." My mother said with a sigh of relief as she wrapped the blanket around my body. I then sat up from my position, "The creatures told me that many people do not make it through the ritual."

I wrapped my arms around myself, "Umma, can you please tell me what h-happened last night?"

"Well, if you ought to know, last night I went to search for you since you would never come home from school so late, even if you were hunting for animals to sew. That day smelt of suspicion." She took  a deep breath before speaking again, "I knew something was bound to happen, but I cannot predict what could happen. I thought that maybe if the evil entity was around, then you must have been involved with it since you've told me about all these strange occurrences that have been revolving around you lately. With my mother's intuitions, my predictions were correct nonetheless. When I saw you in the brook...I knew that it was the doing of the evil entity." My mother sighed. "Right away, I could smell the evil entity's poison in you by the brook, so as soon as I brought you home, I contacted creatures that have practiced with the doings of the evil entity. There was nothing else I could do. I just wanted you to be safe, honey." My mother explained as tears welled in her eyes.

I slowly patted her on the back, "Umma, I thought I would never make it out of the library. The school library was where that crazy old lady attacked me. Now I'm sure that she's the evil entity. After using my sewing needles to stab to her eyes, I barely managed to escape from her grasps. I was scared, Umma, I was scared." I said while hugging my mother. "I-I also want to know something else...What did they actually do during the ritual? I feel different."

"Hmm, well, they first needed blood from each present family member. The blood was only used to revive you from the poison. The candles that were lit around you and the chants were used as a barrier to suppress whatever was supposed to transform you mentally and physically." She scratched her forehead, "When that one person stabbed your back, I couldn't even watch, darling, but that was supposed to allow the blood to diffuse and detoxify the poison in your body. The creatures and I do not know if the poison in your back were poison at all. We don't even know if you are completely healed or if anything even saved you. All we know is that anything can happen to you at any time. Evil entities are dangerous since we do not know what they're capable of."

"Hmm, I see," I mutter as I look down. What's happening to my life now? Somehow, I have the urge to sew. I desperately want to sew. "Excuse me, Umma, but I'm going to sew right now."

She held onto my arm, "No you aren't. Go wash up. You still have school in a few hours, unless you wish to not go today."

I closed my eyes before replying, "I'll wash up. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go to school yet, but I'll wash up."

 

 

 

I am now strolling to school with an hour to spare.

I'd usually go hunting for bodies to sew, but today I cannot.

Although my body is present to check for bodies, my mind isn't.

The events that occurred yesterday was too surreal. Why me? Why must the cruel world torture me, a fragile being only trying to collect dead bodies to sew up for my family's collection? What have I done to receive this horrifying experience? Why me?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter