8TH THREAD

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence enveloped the hallway.

No one dared to walk the halls since bell has already rung. My sight focused on the ground for 5 minutes as V hasn't actually said anything to me yet. As my head slowly rises eye level to V, it appears that he is also staring at the ground.

Okay, I'll just break the ice, "...What did you want to tell me?" I grew impatient of waiting, V looked like he was going to vomit any second by the looks of his face.

"I just wanted to ask you a question." V continues to look at the ground, "Just one question."

I took a deep breath, "Can you just hurry up with this? My legs are tired from that-"

"Willyougotothedancewithme?" V suddenly speaks as if he were a sped up while still looking at the ground. I could barely hear what he said. What's his problem today? "Will you go to the dance with me?" V asks while still looking at the ceiling. What is he doing? 

"Huh?" I questioned as I scrunched up my nose. I clearly do not know who or what he's trying to talk to. Does he just want me to watch him ask objects to the dance? What an idiot, his friends can do that for him—Although I feel a pang jealousy poking me in my ear. V then grabs my hands and stares into my eyes within a mere 2 seconds.

"Will. You. Go. To. The. Dance. With. Me. Snow. Woman?" I froze at the spot. Now there's another reason why I'm called Snow Woman. I was speechless—Well, there's just plenty of reasons. I barely know what a dance actually is because a supernatural being like me would not even watch a mere mortal movie to know. Where would you even find those? Us beings must collect for the sake of passing along our family tradition and lives. 

"I don't really understand the concept or idea of a dance, V, what is a dance?" I hope I don't sound like an idiot. V looked confused about the question I bestowed upon him.

He shrugged his shoulders then smiles, "I'm not exactly sure either. That's why, I think it'd be great for us to go to the dance together, or maybe before that, we can watch a movie that involves a dance together. Just you and me. How does that sound?"

"That sounds like a lovely idea, V. I guess I'll be going with you to the dance then." I smiled back. That's probably my first time smiling on school grounds. Just as I looked back at V, his face looked as if he were horrified, as if someone had fed him ketchup and ice cream.

"What?" I questioned with a worrisome expression on my face.

"Y-y-y-you s-smiled..." V stuttered with his face still appearing horrified while stepping back about one foot away from me.

My eyebrows crinkled, "So?" 

"I'm not sure if this is even nice to say to a girl, but y-you had teeth as yellow as cheese, and they almost look like fangs..." V pointed out in a frightened manner.

I strangely looked at him, "What are you talking about? You're crazy, V. Is that even humanely possible?" I nervously asked almost too quickly, just slightly hoping that he'd drop the topic. He could be onto something.

"Uh, I guess it was just my imagination then..." V scratches the back of his head.

"We should get back to class, I'm still tired from that run earlier." I suggested as I look at the classroom door.

V opens the door to our homeroom, "Sure thing, Snow Woman."

 

 

 

Throughout the entire day of school, it was just absolutely dull.

It was already 10PM since I had to stay after in the school library to finish up an assignment for class. If you think this library is infested with students doing projects or homework, you're wrong.

It's the complete opposite.

No one dares to enter the school library, especially at this time. The library has out-dated books that no one would ever touch. There are dust particles in almost every inch of the place, not to mention the inhabitants of mice—That I might check on. I've also heard that we h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter