11TH THREAD

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Snow Woman, how can you be okay with that truck almost crashing into you? How could you not move out of the way? Are you even listening to me?" V asks with a worried expression on his face.

At least someone from that scene cares about me.

"Look, V, I'm fine, okay? I really am." I answer as I hold onto his tall shoulders. "I was scared at first, but now it seems like nothing. I'm just, well, exhausted from yesterday to even think about anything today that's bothering me." I whisper as I look away. Yesterday was truly too much to handle for me. I'm only one person. 

"Scared at first?" V questioned with a quizzical expression. "So you were still scared. That's what you mean, right?" 

We are now walking in the hallway side by side while everyone does their daily morning routine before school officially began. We haven't spoken a single word to each other since his last words.

"You seem a bit " He paused, "different today." He slowly turns to look at me. Do I really seem a bit different today?

I turned to face him to give my full attention, "What do you mean by that, V?" 

"Hmm...I'm not sure where to start off. Well...First, you almost got hit by a truck. Uh, second, you're touching me." He gestures to where my hand is. "You usually never touch me," I pulled my hand away from him. "Thirdly, you're more talkative. Did something happen yesterday?" V asks with curiosity. I briefly froze.

, I don't know if I should tell V about the incident. I guess it's best not to tell him for now.

"Nope. Nothing happened." I quickly muster out of my mouth, "Nothing's wrong."

"Oh. Umm. Okay." V scratches the back of his neck, while still managing to look amazing as always. "Oh that reminds me! Did you hear? We actually have a library in the school! But, the library's closed for now since something happened yesterday. I haven't had the time to check out the scene, but apparently, the library's chaos. There's books everywhere, blood is at the scene, piles and piles of dust, and I'm not even sure what else could be there. The school's too cheap to hire investigators so they've decided to lock down the library since no one really uses it anyway! Just when I discovered that we actually had a school library!"

It seems like he's interested in books, "You read?"

"No you silly, I just wanted to see what it looked like. I swear I thought I knew everything about the school!" V explained with an amazed expression on his face.

"Oh, I see..." I said while looking down. I can't believe that the evil entity left the scene with that injury, but what if it's still there? For now, I know that I shouldn't be near that library anymore. I just can't risk myself anymore than I already do. I mean, I'm still recovering from yesterday's mess! There's just no way I'm going back into that library...

 

 

 

As I continued to look at the ground while walking in the hallway, I walked into something hard.

"Ouchh!" I yelled.

"Ahahahaha!"

"What a loser! She just walked into a pole!"

"What was that all about? Come on, if you're able to look at V all the time, you could at least look at the pole that you just walked into!"

"Snow Woman doesn't have eyes!"

I couldn't stand hearing these comments, even if I didn't get any injuries from that pole I just walked into. I looked around and V was nowhere in sight. I couldn't just stand there and let people laugh at me anymore. This is just ridiculous.

Wait.

Maybe I actually have changed a bit. 

I actually want to do something about these people...

"I..." I tried to speak, but my mouth suddenly became dry, I couldn't even find the words in my head that had already been sorted out for me to annunciate. My body also felt a cold shiver down my spine as I knew everyone's attention was on me.

"I..." I tried once more, but my back suddenly felt a surge of pain, like yesterday when that venom dispersed into my body. I fell to the ground in an animal-like position. Then everyone started pointing and laughing at me again. I-I just can't stand up for myself. I'm just too weak of a person to fight. 

Why must I always be the one to be laughed at?

From the corner of my eye, I can see BTS and V strolling into the scene as they giggle with each other.

So V was with his friends while I crashed into that pole? How did I not notice?

Since BTS had been completely immersed in their conversation, V didn't even dare look at me as he walked passed me. Did he even know that I was here? I swear, everyone, was watchi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter