16TH THREAD

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already been an hour since V has left, yet here I am, laying on my bed.

Maybe I should do something about my hair that's in my face right now...or maybe even my teeth? I already have my dress on, but still have plenty of time before V picks me up so I don't see a problem in that at all. If this is how humans feel when they get ready for dances, then I would never want to go to one again. I am excited for the dance, but I am nervous. Could this be anxiety that I'm feeling?

I love how my dress flows all the way to the ground so elegantly. This reminds me of a ballroom gown, but better, since I made it, and the fetus puppies makes this dress absolutely wonderful!

I spun around the dress a couple of times just to admire my work of art.

"Umma, are you home?" Silence. 

I guess nobody is home...and to think I would borrow Umma's toothbrush. Well, I'll just find a toothbrush around the house.

It's not like I don't have one...it's just that I lost mine a year ago so I didn't bother looking for it. I mean, what's the point of brushing your teeth if you're still going to eat?

 

 

 

Now about my hair, what should be done?

Should I style it?

No, simplicity is best.

No.

I have an idea.

Where's Umma's brush? 

Ah! There it is! 

"Ouch!" I screamed.

Is this even working?

Maybe I'm just using it the wrong way...

Instead of brushing my hair, I think it's best to keep my hair simple, by pulling it back and away from my face. I want this night to be special, and you know what? I feel special right now, who would ever imagine that I'd be going to a school dance, and with V at that!

I've been thinking about this night ever since V had asked me to the dance.

This all seems so surreal, but this is reality.

This is my reality.

 

 

 

*Knock knock*

"Oh! that must be V!" I scurried over to the front door to find him in a nice suit. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Going to the dance with your own crush. It doesn't sound realistic whatsoever, but it somehow happened to me, "Hi V!" I excitedly greeted. Probably more excited than you can ever imagine. His face was so shocked that it turned white.

Is it really that surprising that I sounded excited?

Or maybe it was something else, perhaps my breath, hair, or maybe even teeth?

"V, are you okay?" I worriedly asked as I waved my hand across his face to see if he could respond to movement.

"Hm? Ah! Yeah, I'm fine. I. Uh. What happened to you?" V questioned as started to laugh while holding onto his stomach. He must've thought of a silly joke!

"Huh?" I answered back. How exactly do I respond to that?

"Ah, let's get going! Come on!" He dragged me out of my house. As he was dragging me, I couldn't help but notice how great he looks tonight. He's not wearing a tuxedo, but he's wearing a nice suit, a navy blue suit with a matching jacket and pants along with a white button up along with it. Again, I'm such a lucky girl. Oh, did I mention that he is also wearing a navy blue tie? He just looks so amazing right now, "Are you having fun, there?" V said as he noticed my actions, and from there, he gave me a quick wink, "If it makes you feel better, I checked myself out too."

My eyes grew wide, "I uh-"

"It's okay, I also enjoy looking at myself too. That's why it took so long for me to get here," V confessed as he giggled.

I tried to slightly jog ahead of him, "Ah. Well, hopefully tonight will be a night full of surprises!"

"Certainly. There will certainly be surprises tonight," V agreed with a smirk as he caught up to me.

I wonder what he means by that...

 

 


I've never seen the front gates of the school decorated so festive before.

There were Christmas lights dangling across the school gates, and a giant poster hanging in the front of the school welcoming everyone. I would say this is quite festive-looking for our boring old—aside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter