Chapter 18

Are we still the one???
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris eyes got widen of shock when he heard the voicemail his Canadian friend left for him. “What the hell?” he muttered out surprisingly. Evan is in Beijing? What the heck is that blonde doing here? It couldn’t be right, right?

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Jongin who was enjoying his meal looked at his hyung worriedly.

But Kris was too surprised to notice his dongsaeng as he directly dialed the number of his friend. Part of him was surprisingly annoyed by the news but another part of him was worried either because he know the language barrier his friend must be facing right now.

“Yo Kris! Thank God you can call me back!” Evan sounded so relief to answer his phone call. “Come quick help me here! I have no idea what they’re talking about, and they can’t speak English too!”

“You’re seriously in here, as in Beijing? You’re not pulling a prank on me, right?” Kris asked his best friend, just in case to make sure.

“What? You don’t believe me? Fine, hear yourself!” Evan pulled his phone out of his ear and directly to a couple who was talking in fluent Chinese beside him for a proof. “Now, you believe me, Mr. Wu?”

“Oh Geez… You are really in Beijing. Where are you right now? Are you still at airport? I’ll come get you. Wait for me!”

“Hurry…!” And with that, the phone conversation has ended.

“Is everything alright with your work, hyung?” Jongin asked; he assumed it must be a phone call about work because his hyung was talking in English that e didn’t understand at all.

“Jongin, we need to leave now. Come on.” Kris just informed the younger as he stood up from his seat.

“What? Where?” Jongin was confused but follow his hyung as well.  

“Airport.”

 

LuHan wasn’t sure how he was able to walk out of the hospital pharmacy after the bomb that the pharmacy doctor gave him. Seating himself on the chair outside the pharmacy, he felt his soul had long walked away from his body as he gripped the crumple paper on his fist.

“I need to know what these pills are for…” LuHan handed the pills towards the pharmacist.

“Can you wait for a while for me to do a check on it?” LuHan nodded his head as he took the seat nearby nervously as he waited for the answer he needed to know. It wasn’t long until the pharmacist asked him to meet with the pharmacy doctor in private.

At that moment, he could feel his fast heartbeat as he entered the doctor room. Could it be that it’s worse than what he thought about?

“Doctor, may I know why you need to see me in private?” He asked to the point at the doctor.

“First of, are these pills belong to you?”

“No, it belongs to my friend. I was curious to why he seemed so need these pills so much, that’s why I came here to find out about it. Doctor, what are these pills for?”

“Mr. LuHan, before I answer you, are you sure it’s okay for me to reveal it to you about your friend condition?”

“Condition?” LuHan got worried immediately. “What do you mean by his condition? That giant blond won’t tell a thing about himself. I am really worried for him, that’s why I do this. I need to know what’s wrong with him. Doctor, you have to tell me.”

The doctor sighed as he gave in, “Mr. LuHan, these pills are heavy dose pills that used only for patient of brain tumor. Seeing from the dose on these pills, I can roughly say that your friend is in the condition to be medicated right away in the hospital before the tumor spread its way wider on your friend and when that time comes, it’ll be too late for any medication.”

Whatever the explanation the doctor said had turned mute in LuHan ear as the word brain tumor kept repeating in his mind. Yi Fan has brain tumor. Yi Fan has brain tumor. Yi Fan has tumor inside his brain.

LuHan didn’t care if people saw him cried his heart out outside the pharmacy room. None will understand how hurt he was; knowing that his brother is hiding something big from him; Yi Fan is dying and yet he has no intention of letting them know.

“I hate you, Yi Fan.”

LuHan couldn’t hold himself from falling into the floor of hospital; the hurt inside his heart is too much for him to take. Why? Why God so unfair to them? Isn’t it enough for Yi Xing to suffer for his whole life? And now God has to take Yi Fan away from them? Why?

“God, please don’t take him away from us…”

 

“Yo buddy!”  Evan looked so relief in seeing the presence of his best friend who still looked a bit surprise at his sudden ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter