Chapter 14 - Past II

Are we still the one???
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris was running with all the strength he had, ignoring all the people he bumped into on his way; muting all the shouts people threw at him for being rude; he even left before he was done signing the contract that he was supposed to do.

Never in his life, he ever felt that scared when he received the phone call from the hospital about the accident that happened to his two brothers. Everything around him dropped and surrounding turned mute as all he could hear was only the fast beating of his heart and the fear of losing his brothers.

Just as he arrived at the hospital, he found Tao was already waiting in front of the emergency room, eyes swollen red. “Ge Ge…” Seeing Kris, Tao ran to hug the leader tightly as his tears kept rolling down onto his face.

“What happened to LuHan and Yi Xing?”

Before Tao could say anything, two police officers appeared in front of them, “I’m sorry, are you family member?”

Kris bowed to the officers as he explained about their status and situation. Having no choice, the officers gave in to the situation, “Alright, seeing how you seem like a responsible young man, we will tell you.” One of the officers read his note before explaining, “When we found your friends, they were in unconscious state; they were being beaten up in the park near XXX street. Some local who witnessed what happened, informed to the police nearby. Luckily, help came faster for your friends or it would be too late to save them.”

“What happened to them? How come they got beaten up out of sudden?”

“According to the witnesses, they are some gangsters in all black and rode big bikes. They didn’t get to see their faces up close because it’s too far from the park. We couldn’t be sure of the motives until we can get some information from your friends.”

Kris was too shocked to hear the news from police officers; he was speechless and not knowing how to react. If not because he needed to be strong for Tao, he might have been passed out like the younger one.

“We will continue to investigate this longer, and we will inform you if we got any improvement.”

Kris couldn’t even think straight at that moment. Gangsters…? What would gangsters want from idol stars? What’s their motive? Is this a purpose motive or maybe LuHan & Yi Xing were just unlucky to meet them there?

Hasn’t been able to process the news from the police officers, the doctor has come out of the emergency room and stood in front of them.

“Family of LuHan?”

“Doctor, how is LuHan? Is he okay?” Kris ran towards the doctor. He was worried sick for his brothers. The doctor was about to ask about his relation with the patient but the police officers gave him the sign for permission to tell.

“Your friend LuHan is safe. He has several broken bones on his back and legs, some bruises and cuts as well. There is one particular cut on his upper left arm will leave a scar forever. Other than that, he’s fine.”

Kris was a bit relief hearing the safety of LuHan; although it hurt him to hear about the wound and scar that will forever carved in his arm, but the important thing, he’s safe, and for that, Kris already felt thankful.

“What about Yi Xing, doctor?”

Seeing the sympathetic face of the doctor, Kris suddenly felt his heart beat faster as he was scared to hear what would come out of the doctor’s mouth.

“Zhang Yi Xing is safe too. Compare to his friend, he has less broken bones; there were some bruises and cuts as well. However, his head was already bleeding when he was sent here. We have tried to do our best, but the hit on his head has damaged his hearing vital.”

“What is that mean, doctor?” Kris was getting shaky when he heard the last thing the doctor said. It couldn’t be…

The doctor sighed before he said it out, “I’m sorry, but Zhang Yi Xing has lost his hearing ability.” \

“NO!” and that’s the final blow for Kris as he gave in to his legs and landed straightly on the hospital floor, his wall of keeping his tears broke down as he cried his heart out for his friend. The doctor and police officers could only look sympathetically at him and walked away.

 

Many things ran through Kris mind as he watched over his two brothers lying on the hospital bed, still unconscious. When he informed Tao about the condition of both LuHan and Lay, the younger one bawled his eyes out until there’s no more tears left and had fallen asleep hours ago.

Oh God, how is he supposed to tell the n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter