XII: The Absence and the Possibility

Accidentally In Love
 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

 

It was nine in the evening and hundreds of cars were on the streets of Seoul, zooming past one another on their way home after a long day. The bright lights from the establishments and street lamps gave life to the busy streets where hundreds of people were walking, either on their way home, or on their way to some place they needed to be. Laughter and busy chitchats can be heard all over the place filled with groups of friends, couples, families, and workers having fun.

 

Jiyong tapped his fingers impatiently on the steering wheel of his car and looked at the time on his watch as he waited for the red light to turn green. He looked at his phone to which he placed on the passenger seat and sighed after seeing that there was no call or text from the person he was expecting. He was mentally cursing himself for not taking his phone with him and checking it earlier than he should have.

 

 

 

It was already eight thirty, and Jiyong’s meeting just finished, when he came back to his office, feeling worn out after a very busy day. After arriving in his office, he proceeded on signing some papers that has been pending to be approved since last week, not minding that his hands were shaking lightly from exhaustion. Fifteen minutes later, his secretary came in his office and told him that Seungri has called him a few times while he was in the meeting with their clients and that he left a message telling Jiyong to call him as soon as possible.  

 

Upon hearing this, Jiyong checked on his phone and frowned almost immediately when he saw that Seungri has at least fifteen missed calls and ten messages. Unlocking his phone, he opened Seungri’s messages. After reading the first few words, his eyes grew wide and bolted out of his office without a second thought, leaving all the papers that he needed to finish.

 

“Sir.” Jiyong’s secretary stood up after seeing his boss, and Jiyong just threw a glance at her for a second, stopping on his way.

 

“There’s an emergency. Ask Seunghoon to drop the papers on my desk at home.” He said before rushing out to the elevator, not waiting for her to say anything.

 

Minzy, Jiyong’s secretary, just stood there and looked at him, baffled. From the time she started to work for him, all she had seen on Jiyong’s face was either an impassive or angry expression. She had never seen him so worried before, and it made her wonder what would have happened for her boss to lose his cool.

 

 

 

The moment the red light turned green, Jiyong stepped on the pedal and sped up on the wide road on his way to the hospital. As the building came into view, his heart started hammering on his chest and his hands started to sweat. He parked on the side and got out immediately after turning off the engine. On his way, he remembered Seungri’s words to him when he called.

 

“I found her unconscious on the floor in the living room. I don’t know how long she’d been out.”

 

Jiyong went to the reception and was about to asked the nurse on duty, but then, he heard Seungri call his name. He turned to his left and saw Seungri standing at the end of the hall, in front of the vending machine. He bowed to the nurse and walked to where Seungri was standing.

 

“How is she?” Jiyong asked, trying to calm his nerves.

 

“Still unconscious.” Seungri said and handed him the drink he just got from the vending machine. “The doctor said she should be waking up soon.” He added and inserted another set of coins in the vending machine. He pressed the button and waited for the soda to come out.

 

“What happened?” Jiyong asked as they walk back to the room where Sandara was resting.

 

“I decided to drop by a visit, you know. I thought you would be home by then since the lights were all on. I rang a few times but no one answered the door. I decided to call you, and that’s when Minzy told me that you’re still in a meeting. I wondered why Noona didn’t open the door, and I got this weird feeling that something isn’t right.”

 

The two arrived in the room and saw that a nurse was tending to Sandara. “I decided to barge in your house.” Seungri said and gave Jiyong the I-m-not-the-least-bit-sorry grin of his. Jiyong glared at him, but he ignored it. “Your house was so quiet I thought she was not there. Then I found her lying on the floor, beside the large window.”

 

Jiyong walked to Sandara’s bed after the nurse left and caressed her cheek and her hair so gently. Her calm and peaceful face made it look like she didn’t just lose consciousness a few hours ago. Seungri stood there watching, looking at both his hyung and the girl lying on the bed.

 

“I registered her under a different name, just to be safe.” Seungri informed while looking at Sandara. Jiyong nodded and took the seat beside the bed, leaning on the backrest of the chair.

 

Now that he had seen Sandara and knew that she’s fine, his exhaustion started to catch up on him. He sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds, thinking that they were back again to the hospital. It had been a long day, and the least he expected when the day ends was to find out that Sandara lost consciousness again and find her in the hospital.

 

“I can look after her if you want, hyung.” Seungri told Jiyong after seeing the exhaustion in him. “You look like need to rest, badly.” He added placing his hands on his pockets.

 

“I’m fine. I just need a few hours of sleep.” Jiyong answered, not opening his eyes.

 

Seungri sighed, knowing that he can’t persuade his hyung to go home and rest. “Then at least lie here on the couch. You’d be more comfortable.” He said. Jiyong opened his eyes and looked at the couch. He did not have the energy to argue so he just stood up and proceeded to the couch. “I’ll be going now. Call me when you need anything.”

 

A minute later after Seungri left, Jiyong cloed his eyes and drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

[SEUNGRI]

 

 

I arrived home an hour later after I left the hospital. A few minutes ago while I was on my way home, Minho called and reported to me that I was being followed by a man hired by Dara’s aunt and so was Jiyong hyung. After I heard the news, I cursed myself and sped up, looking at the mirror of my car to see if someone was tailing me. I only relaxed after I arrived home, knowing that I have a system installed in the whole house to prevent people from intercepting important and highly confidential calls.

 

Pulling out my phone, I dialed Chaerin’s number waited for her to pick up. I think they found out I had been hanging out with her lately, that’s why they included me in their own investigation.

 

“Damn it.” I cursed when I was directed to her voice mail. I tried again but still, she did not pick up. After my third try, she finally answered her phone. Her voice was groggy, and I mentally cursed myself after forgetting the fact that it was late and the possibility that she’s already sleeping slipped out of my mind.

 

“What do you want?” her irritated voice was heard on the other line.

 

“I missed you too Honeybunch.” I said. “Don’t hang up! This is important!” I added almost immediately, knowing that she’d hang up. I hear her curse at me, but I ignored it. “Honey, did you know that I was being followed?” I asked her.

 

It took her a few seconds to answer. “What?” she asked again. So she doesn’t know. Mentally, I sighed when she did not comment on me calling her ‘Honeybunch’. I walked to my couch and opened the first three buttons of my polo after sitting down.

 

“Minho told me that someone was following me. He was hired by Dara’s aunt. I think they found out you were hanging out with me.” I explained.

 

“That’s impossible. If they found out about you, then…” She trailed, not wanting to finish her sentence.

 

“They also found out about hyung.” I finished it for her. She cursed on the other line. “I’m sorry Honey. I should have been careful.” I rested my head on the backrest of my couch and placed my arm over my eyes. Driving is very tiring; I think I’ll get a driver. “Good thing I registered Dara noona under a different name earlier.” I muttered absentmindedly.

 

“WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN? What happened to Dara?” She asked loudly, making me flinch. That’s right, I forgot to tell her. Stupid me.

 

“Um, I found her unconscious earlier tonight. I rushed her to the hospital since I don’t know what to do.” I answered her. I can hear her breathing hard on the other line.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she almost shouting on the other line. I think I need to go there and calm my Honeybunch down. She’ll have wrinkles if she stresses over it, especially at this time of the night. I can’t let her have wrinkles; it will surely ruin her beautiful face and oh-so-y body. “What about Kwon Jiyong? Why wasn’t he there with her?”

 

“I’m sorry Honey. I totally forgot about it.” I apologize, hoping she’ll calm down. “Hyung went to work since he was badly needed in their company. Besides, you can’t go there. You’ll be followed.” I reminded her.

 

“Still, you should have told me.” She answered and I apologized again.

 

“You don’t need to worry. She’s fine now. Hyung is with her.” I told her to make her feel better. On the other line, I heard her sigh. I can hear her shuffling on her bed. “You should go back to sleep.” I said and bid her goodbye when she agreed to it.

 

I sighed and stood up from the couch. I need to tell hyung to be careful, but that could wait for tomorrow. We all need to rest.

 

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

 

Mrs. Gu could not believe what she just read after she opened the enveloped that her hired man gave to her. It has a photo on the upper right corner of the paper with some basic information of the person in the photo. She was not expecting that that person was the son of someone she used to know. She laughed like she just lost her mind.

 

The man standing in front of her did not say a single word and just stared at her, his face impassive.

 

“Any information relating to my brother’s daughter?” Mrs. Gu asked after she finished laughing.

 

“Also, from what I found out, Mr. Kwon Jiyong, their son, and Ms. Park never met in the past, not even once.” Wooyoung answered. “Ms. Park never went to Seoul, but Mr. Kwon went to Busan last year for a business meeting. But they did not meet because that day Ms. Park went to Mt. Geumjeongsan with her boyfriend. I believe they don’t know each other.” Mrs. Gu nodded. “Also, Mr. and Mrs. Park and the Kwons haven’t talked for about four months now. They also did not go to their funeral.”

 

“Is that so? And here I thought they were still the best of friends.” Mrs. Gu asked. “What about the Lees?” she asked, amused after realizing that the two share the same surname.

 

“They only met recently because of business matters. Ms. Lee and Mr. Kwon also haven’t met each other in the past.”

 

“Hmm.” Mrs. Gu nodded. “Continue with what you’re doing.” She said, before dismissing Wooyoung.

 

Now that she’s on her own, Mrs. Gu’s gaze went again to the papers on her desk. She stared at the photo of Kwon Jiyong and noticed the similarities of the young man to his parents. She saw that he got his mother’s eyes, but the rest, he got from his father.

 

“You poor thing. You didn’t get to meet my niece.” Mrs. Gu said, talking to the photo like she already lost her mind. “And here I thought they’d set you up with each other. How tragic.” She started laughing like a mad woman. She stopped when the intercom buzzed.

 

“Mrs. Gu, your meeting will start in five minutes.” The voice said after Mrs. Gu pressed the intercom button.

 

“Tell Hanbin to report in my office after my meeting.” Mrs. Gu said before picking up the papers on her desk. She placed it in one of the drawers of his desk before going to the bathroom.

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes fluttered open after hearing people talking inside the room. He took a deep breath and stirred, pulling himself up in a sitting position to scan the room. It was the nurse that he saw first, standing beside the bed and checking Sandara’s vitals, then writing something to the nurse chart. She said something in hush tone, and then smiled after.

 

Jiyong’s gaze shifted to Sandara, who was now wide awake, giving the nurse a small smile. Her bed was now lifted a bit higher, and she looked at lot better than when he saw her earlier before he slept. She was about to say something but her gaze suddenly shifted to him, making the nurse follow her gaze. Her eyes brighten up after seeing that he was now wide awake.

 

“Jiyong, you’re awake.” Sandara called his name, before looking at the nurse beside her. The nurse smiled at her kindly before silently exiting the room. Jiyong can feel her eyes watching him as he stood up and walked to her.

 

“I should be the one telling you that.” He said his voice a bit groggy from sleep. He poured a glass of water, and then brought it to his lips to quench his thirst. “How are you?” He asked before looking at her, sitting on the edge of her bed.

 

“I’m fine.” She simply answered and then gave him a reassuring smile.

 

“What happened?” Jiyong asked, wanting to know what happened before she passed out.

 

“I… I don’t know.” Sandara answered, lightly shaking her head.

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?” Jiyong asked again, this time, a frown is visible on his face.

 

“I-I only remember the pain. But after that, there’s nothing.” She answered honestly. She looked at Jiyong and saw his brows furrowed. Lifting her hands, she gently placed her fingers between her brows and eased them, and then she cupped Jiyong’s face.

 

“I told you to call me when something happens.” Jiyong reminded her, to which Sandara nodded.

 

“I know, but it was so sudden, I didn’t…” She trailed, making Jiyong sighed.

 

“I understand.” Jiyong said and looked at her intently as if trying to assure himself that she’s really fine. “Are you sure you’re fine?” he asked again, making Sandara smile before nodding her head. "You don't remember anything from your past? Any memory coming back?" Sandara shook her head. Jiyong thought that she might have remember anything again, like the last time she fainted. "Are you sure?" he pestered, making Sandara giggle. 

 

"Yes Jiyong, I'm fine. I can't remember anything. You know I'd tell you if I did." She assured him. Jiyong just muttered an 'okay' before taking her hand on his. “Did you found me?” She expected that it was Jiyong who found her, but for some reason, she wanted to hear it come from him.

 

“No. Seungri did.” Jiyong answered, and he noticed Sandara’s disappointed expression, so he immediately retold her everything, including him having to work overtime since there were a lot of papers needed to be looked into for their company.

 

“I see.” Sandara simply answered, but her disappointed tone didn’t go unnoticed by Jiyong.

 

Jiyong was about to say something, but the doctor with a nurse came in. “Glad to see your awake.” Dr. Lee said, giving Sandara a smile. He proceeded on checking Sandara’s vitals and then checking her eyes before straightening up. The nurse was busy writing what the doctor was saying. His eyes found Jiyong who stood up and went to the other side of the bed to give space to the doctor.

 

“She needs to undergo some tests like MRI or CT scan of the head and an EEG to measure electrical activity in her brain. A cerebral angiography may also be ordered to examine the blood flow to her brain. But that would be after she finishes the exams which include cognitive testing to check her mental status and ability to think.” Dr. Lee explained.

 

Jiyong nodded and looked at Sandara who was listening intently to what her doctor was saying. “When will I be able to leave?” He heard her ask.

 

Dr. Lee smiled before answering. “As soon as we get the result, we’ll see if you’ll be fit to leave or if you’ll be needing to stay for a few more days.” He answered. “We’ll be getting you first thing in the morning.” Dr. Lee said before leaving the room.

 

Jiyong sighed and took his previous position. “You should rest more. Sleep here beside me.” Sandara said after seeing Jiyong’s form, but he shook his head. “You’ll sleep better.” She said, and then pulled him to her. Jiyong did not protest and lied beside her, making Sandara smile.

 

Sandara snuggled into his embrace, breathing in his manly scent. Her hands went around his waist, while she rested her head on his chest. His other arm went to her hair and caressed it gently.

 

“You should be the one resting.” He mumbled, but Sandara just giggled.

 

“Shhh. Let’s sleep.” Sandara said and closed her eyes. “Goodnight Ji.” She mumbled and let herself drift to sleep.

 

“Goodnight baby.” Jiyong answered, and closed his eyes.

 

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

***

A/N:

Here's my update, my dearest readers. What do you think about this? Let me know.. Oh! and I want to now where you live! Tell me, okay? :D I'm so happy I'm able to update twice this week. Let's celebrate! kekeke THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING this story. 

COMMENTS are HIGHLY appreciated. :)

 Also, I'm promoting my stories in wattpad! haha here are the covers for the stories I'm writing there [The Stranger in my Heart || In A Demon's Soul ] . If you want to read it, then I'd be grateful. You can check them out on my account, BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT TO. I'm not forcing you, I just want to share the other stories I'm writing, okay? haha XD

      

 

Talk to you guys on the next update! Oh! and follow me if you want on:

  • twitter: @msjidee1812
  • IG: @_lycheee_
  • wattpad: @lovelicht

HENGSHO! LOVE YOU GUYS! ♥

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif