XVI: The Party and the Feeling II

Accidentally In Love

 

 

 

 

People watched as Jiyong and the young woman with him swayed with the music while lost in their own bubble of happiness. Many of them were thinking of who the young woman is, for they had never actually seen Kwon Jiyong attend a company party with someone, much more a woman who seemed to have captured his attention. It was like they were seeing a brand new Kwon Jiyong that they had never expected to see ever after seeing how he acted around the young woman, and how he held and smiled at her like she’s the most important person in his life.

 

Escorting a gorgeous young woman to a party was enough to heighten the curiosity of the other guests on who the young woman with Jiyong is, but to actually see them kissing is a different story to all of them. They had tried to actually ask Jiyong on whom Sandara was, but he would only give them a discrete answer like ‘Someone important’.

 

“It is obvious, she’s his girlfriend.” A young man named Taeyang said to his friends as they watched the two who were oblivious to the numerous eyes staring at them.

 

“Can’t blame him though, just look how stunning she is.” His friend, Daesung, answered, and the other guys nodded in agreement.

 

“But I wonder who her family is? I think I’ve never seen her before.” Taeyang asked, making his friend ask the same question in their heads.

 

“Maybe she’s from a very influential family as well? I don’t think the Mr. and Mrs. Kwon would let their son have a poor partner.”

 

“She doesn’t look poor to me.”

 

“That’s because she’s not.” Their other friend, who has been silent for quite a while now, answered all of a sudden. Taeyang and Daesung looked at him with raised brows.

 

“How did you know she’s not?” Daesung asked his friend who never shifted his gaze from the couple dancing in the middle of the dance floor. “Wait, you know her?” he added.

 

“I don’t.” Jaejoong simply answered, not wanting his friend to know who Sandara was. He took a sip from the glass of wine that he was holding.

 

Keeping his gaze directed to the two, his mind kept on repeating the scene earlier when he accidentally bumped into Sandara who was supposedly gone missing for a few months now. Even with her mask on and her hairstyle changed, he knows that it was her. Hell he would recognize her anywhere, no questions needed.

 

But what shocked him was the fact that when he introduced himself to her, she didn’t recognize him. And what’s more, she said she does not know him. Confusion took over him when he heard Sandara say that.  He would have guessed that she was lying and only acting when she saw him because of what he did to her a few months before she disappeared, but he knows that she’s not especially when she saw fear on her face.

 

Jaejoong has known Sandara for a few years now, and from what he had seen, she was a terrible liar, and her acting skill is poor especially when clouded with her emotions. Surely, she would have been able to move on for what he did to her, but he knows it would take time for her, especially since he knows how important he is to her.

 

Now, seeing her here – perfectly healthy and well without a single scratch on her face – dancing with with Kwon Jiyong, his former best friend, made him curious as hell.

 

Jaejoong knew they don’t know each other, at least not before he left. And he knows that Jiyong had never been that interested on women after his last relationship. So now, a lot of questions were running on his mind as to how they met, how they got acquainted on one another and how come they’re cozy with each other when just a few months back, he saw how devastated Sandara was when he saw her with another woman.

 

Another thing was he noticed that added to his curiosity was Sandara’s best friend, Lee Chaerin who was also invited to the party. She came with the heir of the Lee Industries, Lee Seungri who he met once in a party because of Jiyong. They were not that close, but they would hang out sometimes like some friends do occasionally, though he knows that Seungri’s loyalty lies on Jiyong.

 

From the moment they stepped in, he noticed that Chaerin never went to greet Sandara, though he noticed how she would sometimes sneak a glance at her best friend when she thought no one was looking. For Jaejoong, it is impossible that Chaerin couldn’t recognize her best friend because they practically grew up together, even he recognized her the moment they bumped into each other.

 

“Jae.” Jaejoong immediately snapped from his reverie upon hearing his name being called by his friend.

 

“What?” he asked, looking at the two of them.

 

“Wanna come with us and greet them?” Taeyang asked back.

 

Jaejoong was hesitant at first, especially since he knows that Jiyong hasn’t forgiven him yet, but his curiosity about Sandara got the better of him. So he nodded his head and followed his two friends. ‘Might as well try to find out what’s happening here.’ He thought.

 

 

 

 

[JIYONG]

 

 

“How come you get to drink wine and I can’t?” I heard her asked me while we were standing close to each other beside a high table. One of my arms was securely wrapped around her while the other was holding a glass of white wine. My skin lightly grazed on her exposed skin, and felt her shiver beside me.

 

“Because I don’t want you to get drunk.” I answered her before placing the almost empty glass of wine on the table. “This is a formal party after all.”

 

"I won't. I promise." she tried again.

 

"No." I answered.

 

As the night passed, I’m slowly starting to hate the fact that her back and legs were exposed to the eyes of many people here and that I can’t do anything about it but to partly cover his back with my arm. She seems oblivious to the stares that was directed to her and I can’t figure out if I should be happy or mad about it. And the fact that she's acting all cute on me right now is not helping the irritation I am feeling.

 

“Just a sip?” I shook my head no.

 

She pouted, and I suddenly had the urge to kiss her again like I did earlier, but I restrained myself. In all honesty, I don’t know what came over me when I kissed her not only once, but twice, but I don’t regret it at all. I just felt the pull towards her.

 

“Please?” she asked and placed both her hands on my waist, clutching my tux with her small hands.

 

I pulled her little closer to me but still kept a good distance between us as I look down on her. She looked up at me, still pouting. “Why do you want to drink that bad?” I asked her.

 

Now I wonder why she wants to taste it. Mentally, I begin to count the bottle of wine at home to make sure that it was not slowly decreasing its number.

 

“I want to see if I’d like it.” She answered and I sighed. I know she won’t stop unless she gets what she wants. I suddenly regret letting her hang out with Seungri a lot the past month. He teaches her a lot of crazy things that he did.

 

“Fine. Just a sip.” I told her and she nodded before I gave her the glass.

 

I watched as she scrunched her nose from the smell, before she took a sip from it. She handed the glass back to me and she opened and closed a few times before she pushed her tongue out of , making a gagging sound. I immediately handed her her glass of juice and she gladly accepted it.

 

“So?” I asked, waiting for her to give her answer.

 

She shook her head and I chuckle. “I don’t like it.” She answered with finality.

 

"You want more?" I playfully asked her but she shook her head, making me chuckle from her cuteness as I kissed the crown of her head with a smile on my face. I looked behind her and from a distance, I saw them walking towards our direction and I automatically pulled Sandara closer.

 

 

 

 

The two were now standing beside a high table talking to each other when the three gentlemen walked to them and greeted them. They patted Jiyong’s back and kissed Sandara’s knuckles, making Jiyong glare at Taeyang and Daesung. And since Jiyong still isn’t talking to Jaejoong, he did not even bother looking at him, but at the same time did not say anything with him being their either. He just completely ignored him.

 

“My name is Taeyang. This is Daesung and Jaejoong.” Taeyang introduced, and Sandara smiled at them and bowed a little. “We’re friends with Jiyong since high school, but we attended different colleges.”

 

Taeyang and Daesung removed their masks to show their faces just like Jiyong did, but Sandara kept hers as what Jiyong told her. When she asked why, he said that he would tell her when they get home.

 

Just do as I say for now.’ He said to her, his eyes pleading, making her agree to him.

 

“It’s nice to meet you.” Sandara said meeting their entire gaze one at a time. She did not mention her name back, remembering that Jiyong told her to not tell anyone unless he was with her.

 

Jiyong just stood there watching them greet each other with an impassive look on his face while his hand rested at the small of Sandara’s back possessively. His eyes shifted on Jaejoong who was looking at Sandara. Taeyang then turned to him, as well as Daesung who smiled teasingly, but Jaejoong’s gaze remained on Sandara, making him annoyed.

 

“We’ve been wondering when you will introduce your girlfriend to us.” Taeyang asked, smiling teasingly at Jiyong.

 

Jiyong’s eyes shifted on Taeyang. Seeing his friend’s expectant look, Jiyong rolled his eyes and then sighed. “This is Song Nabi, my fiancée.” He introduced Sandara then pulled her closer to him. Sandara’s lips parted after hearing Jiyong introduced her in a different name, but she did not say anything after remembering her promise to Jiyong.

 

Jaejoong, on the other hand, frowned and his brows furrowed after hearing the foreign name, but also did not say anything and watched from behind them.

 

“Finally, we have a name to remember.” Daesung tells them. “I thought I’d keep calling you gorgeous in my head.” He playfully said, making Jiyong raise his brow at him. “Just kidding hyung.” He added almost immediately when he saw Jiyong’s reaction.

 

Taeyang chuckled seeing this. “I never thought I’d see Jiyong getting jealous.” He teased.

 

Sandara slightly turned around to look at Jiyong to see his reaction, but Jiyong just looked at her with an impassive expression. Seeing this, she tilted her head a little, trying to see past his expression with a small smile on her face.

 

Jiyong glared at Taeyang upon hearing this. “Who’s jealous?” He asked, feeling Sandara’s gaze still focused on him.

 

“You.” Daesung answered this time with a smirk visible on his face.

 

"Says who?" he asked, brows raised.

 

"Me." Both Taeyang and Daesung answered at the same time, making Sandara bit her lip to stop herself from smiling.

 

“I’m not.” Jiyong answered seriously.

 

“Really? Then you won’t mind if I ask her to dance with me?” Daesung asked with a raised brow.

 

Jiyong frowned, making Sandara giggle. He looked at her and asked, “Do you want to?”

 

Sandara only shrugged in response. “I don’t mind.” She said to him with a small smile on her face.

 

Taeyang chuckled when he saw Jiyong’s disapproving look but nonetheless nodded at Daesung. But even before he could take Sandara’s hand, Jaejoong, who was quiet the whole time, spoke up, making all of them look at him.

 

“Can we see your face?” he asked, looking at Sandara with an emotion they can’t fathom.

 

“Um…” Sandara wasn’t sure about what to say since she doesn’t want to be rude to Jiyong’s friends and she wasn’t sure if he wants to let them see her face. She looked at Jiyong, silently asking him if she should remove her mask, but he wasn’t looking at her but to his friend.

 

“Why do you want to see her face?” Jiyong asked, his tone cold.

 

“Just curious.” He answered nonchalantly.

 

For the first time since they approached, Jiyong tensed and glared at him. “No.” he answered. Sandara looked at Jiyong when she heard that tone he only used when he’s starting to get angry. She felt his hand tightened around her. When he looked down at her and she saw the coldness in his eyes.

 

“Why not?” Jaejoong asked again with a raised brow like he was challenging him.

 

“Because I said so.” Jiyong answered and tightened his arms around Sandara while glaring at his former best friend who also glared back at him.

 

“Or maybe you’re hiding something.” he mumbled but was they were still able to hear what he said.

 

Taeyang noticed the tension between the two and so he decided to step in, especially after seeing Sandara’s worried and confused expression. “Um, I remember we still haven’t greeted the other guests.” He said with an awkward chuckle.

 

“Y-yeah. We better get going.” Daesung agreed, but Jaejoong did not make any move.

 

“Jiyong.” Sandara called after she turned to fully face Jiyong, her hand clutching his suit. Thankfully he shifted his gaze on her and saw her worried face. She saw him glance and glare at his friend one last time before focusing on her again.

 

“Come on Jae.” Taeyang pulled Jaejoong away and he did not protest.

 

Jiyong sighed heavily when he finally saw his friends walking away from them. He pulled Sandara closer to her and hugged her, wanting to be close to her as possible. He felt her arms go around him as she hugged him back and lean her head on his chest. He kissed her temple and breathed in her scent, calming him down in an instant.

 

“Can we go home?” she asked.

 

“Yes.” Jiyong answered her and kissed her forehead before pulling away from her. “But we have to tell my parents first.” He said.

 

Jiyong and Sandara went to Mr. and Mrs. Kwon and bid their goodbye before leaving. But before released Sandara from her grasp, Mrs. Kwon demanded Jiyong to bring Sandara to their house in order for them to have some ‘bonding moment’ to which Jiyong grumpily accepted.

 

On their way home, Sandara leaned her head on Jiyong’s shoulder and closed her eyes. She felt Jiyong kissed the crown of her head as he took her hand on his. “Tired?” he asked.

 

“Hmm.” She answered. Her thoughts went to earlier with Jiyong’s friend. Even though she doesn’t know anything about them, it’s obvious that Jiyong doesn’t like him. “Jiyong.” She called.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Who was that earlier?”

 

Sandara felt Jiyong tensed the moment she mentioned what happened earlier. She raised her head and looked at him and saw him clenched his jaw. “Will you tell me?” she asked.

 

Jiyong looked away but he felt Sandara’s hand tighten around him. He looked at her and saw her worried face. For some reason, his chest tightened after seeing that expression on her face. Her brows her furrowed with confusion and he hated seeing it. He hated not giving her answers. “Yeah, but not now.” He said.

 

“Okay.” Sandara said not wanting to argue with him anymore.

 

When they reached home, they immediately showered in their rooms.

 

Jiyong was lying on his bed an hour after getting home when he heard a knock on his door. When it opened, Sandara’s head popped up and she was biting her lips. “Jiyong… can I sleep here?” she asked. He gestured for her to come in and she did.

 

Jiyong pulled the covers beside him and patted the space. “Can’t sleep?” he asked after she had settled and she nodded. She snuggled closer to him and looked up at him.

 

“Your mother, I like her.”

 

Jiyong chuckled. “I’m sure she likes you too.”

 

Sandara smiled. “Jiyong, I met your brother today.” She informed him.

 

“I know.” Jiyong simply answered, his hand caressing Sandara’s smooth hair.

 

“Were you close to each other?”

 

Jiyong sighed. He figured this would be coming once she meets Seunghyun. “Not that close anymore.” He said and he knew she would ask the reason why, which she did.

 

“Why?”

 

Jiyong contemplated if he should tell her, but knowing that it would only add up to her curiosity and confusion, he decided to just let her know. After all, it was all in the past.

 

“We had a fight a few years ago.” He answered.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Yeah, oh.” He said with a small smile.

 

“Can I ask what happened?” she said, her voice soft.

 

Jiyong sighed. Here goes nothing.’ He thought.

 

“Well, my brother values his freedom so much, even when we were young.” He started. “He would always break our father’s rules and defy his orders just so he could do the things that he wanted to experience.”

 

Sandara did not say anything and just listened to Jiyong’s story about his brother.

 

“Hyung is what I can call a free spirited man. He always does what he wants even though it would result to his and our father’s fights. But, you see, hyung was never really the type of person who wanted to be a part of our father’s business. Our father was just blind to see that, or maybe he did but he wanted to change him. When the time came for him to take over the company, hyung refused and left.”

 

Jiyong paused and his hand that was caressing Sandara’s hair stopped for a while as he remembered that night. Sandara noticed, and she looked up at him. After a few minutes of silence, Jiyong continued caressing Sandara’s hair again.

 

“Eventually, I found out that hyung had a girlfriend that he wanted to marry, but our father refused to give them his blessing because our father was planning on setting him up in an arrange marriage with a young heir to one big company. That’s the reason why he left.

 

“And since I’m the only son left, I don’t have a choice but to take over the company even though I don’t want to and was still young that time.” He said with a chuckle.

 

Jiyong looked at her and they stared at each other. Sandara placed her hand on Jiyong’s chest and looked at him with sad eyes for she never thought that he was only managing their company for the sake of his parents.

 

Every time she sees him staying up late and working hard for their company, she thought that it was because he loves what he was doing and that he was enjoying it, but she was wrong. With Jiyong’s story, she realized how good of a son and responsible Jiyong actually was to his parents, and that he loved his parents so much that even though he doesn’t really wanted to handle their company, he still did for the sake of his parents’ who did everything to make their company successful.

 

“You didn’t try to tell your father about it?” She asked, but Jiyong shook his head.

 

“I can’t. Seeing my father’s crestfallen face after he lost my brother was enough to make me accept the company.” He answered. “Even though our father was kind of strict, he still loved us, especially my brother.”

 

“I’m sorry I can’t remember.” She mumbled thinking that he must have told the story to her in the past, and he just shook his head murmuring it is okay.

 

Jiyong leaned down and kissed her lips twice before leaning away. “Go to sleep.” He murmured and pulled her closer.

 

“Goodnight Ji.” Sandara mumbled.

 

“Goodnight.” 

 

 

 

A/N: 

So, I figured I wasn't satisfied with the last chapter *evil laugh*, so I decided to make a part two of it. hehehe And also, I wanted to feed your obsession of daragon sweetness, so I added some more for you guys. Anyway, HOW IS IT? Please do write down your comments, they would make me happy. PLUS! We've reached 11K+ views! and 400+ subs! THANK YOU GUYS!! ♥  AND PLEASE INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR COUNTRY in your comments, i want to know where you live.. :D

ALSO! Remember one of the stories I told you about that I was writing on wattpad? Well, I posted the prologue on my account HERE on AFF so if you're interested to read it, check it out here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/937516/in-a-demon-s-soul-daragon-demon .Though I'm still thinking if I should continue posting it here.

Sorry for grammatical errors. I know there are a lot of them. Still, THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING this story. 

COMMENTS are HIGHLY appreciated. 

Thank you to those who checked out my stories in wattpad. Even though they are not a DaraGon stories, you still checked on them, so, THANK YOU! *bows 90 degrees* 

Talk to you guys on the next update! Oh! and follow me if you want on:

  • twitter: @msjidee1812             IG: @_lycheee_                     wattpad: @lovelicht

HENGSHO! LOVE YOU GUYS! ♥

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif