IX: The Change and the Bond

Accidentally In Love

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

A glowing butterfly hanging up on Jiyong’s ceiling was the first thing that greeted him when he woke up a few hours after he fell asleep in his room. The room is getting darker as the sun started to set in the west. The faint sound of moving vehicles can be heard every time a car passes by his quiet house. Breathing heavily, Jiyong placed his arm over his eyes, trying to get rid of his still half-sleepy state of mind. Not long after, he remembered that he left Sandara downstairs earlier when she forced him to take a nap in his room. He was about to stand up when he felt someone move beside him.

 

 

As he looked at it, his breath caught up in his throat as he saw Sandara sleeping peacefully beside him, with her head resting on his shoulder. Jiyong’s eyes roamed on her and saw that his arm  was around her waist, and that her left arm is around his torso as well. Jiyong’s brow furrowed, so he slowly tried to lift his arm, but Sandara shifted beside him. She snuggled closer to him as her face went at the crook of his neck and her breath fanned his collar bone while her hand rested on his chest.

 

 

“Jiyong.” He heard her mumble in her sleep, and immediately, Jiyong’s face softened. Peeking at the clock, it says five fifty in the afternoon. Thinking of letting Sandara sleep more, Jiyong started caressing her soft hair on her back. Thoughts of the past weeks and the things that happened started to fill his mind.

 

 

He remembered the time when he hit Sandara with his car. Seungri was being a nosy friend that night, and he just wanted to go home, take a shower and sleep since he was tired from work. But the nosy Seungri insisted on staying at is house for the night since Seungri’s father was home, and they never had the best relationship. Seungri was bugging Jiyong that moment when Sandara distractedly crossed the road where he was actually headed to. It was bad enough that he didn’t step on the brake in time, but the snow on the road made it even harder for him to stop the car.

 

 

If there was something that he can clearly remember that night, it was when hit tried his best to step on the brake nor the time when his car hit her. It was the moment when Sandara turned her head towards their direction, and her face looked so sad and broken, like she just lost everything in life.

 

 

During the time they were in the hospital, he was somewhat thankful that Sandara’s aunt did not answer their phone call, because if she did, then maybe Sandara is dead. The way her best friend narrate them how evil her aunt was, they knew that Sandara’s aunt should know what happened to her, or else, she’ll be in danger.

 

 

Right now, Jiyong can’t even begin to explain how the situation turned into something that he never expected. In more or less than two months, he became the fiancé of the person whom he accidentally hit with his car.

 

 

A few months ago, he was just living his life normally, working in their company, going out in different clubs with his friends, getting laid by some random girl he met, then doing the same thing again. He didn’t even care about a single girl anymore ever since his girlfriend betrayed him with his best friend. Since that happened, he became rebellious when it comes to relationships. He never took anyone seriously after and just do whatever he wants, though he was still a good person. Another thing was that he never had the best relationship with his brother as well, even though he looked up to him as his role model and idolize him so much. 'Such a cliché story.' He thought as his life was somewhat the same as the dramas on the television. His past made him who he is before he met Sandara.

 

 

But, as he thought about the past month, it was like his life turned 180 degrees. He is beginning to be the old Jiyong again, the Jiyong that he placed inside a box and kept in a locked drawer inside his soul. For the past year, he never dared to be the old Jiyong since he knows that it would be useless. The feeling of being weak and lonely was enough for him to never look back and just be a cold man.

 

 

But it seems like fate won’t allow him to be like that forever, because he was given the responsibility to take care of a person who can’t remember anything. And because of that, his life started to change.

 

 

Jiyong was pulled back into reality when he felt Sandara shift beside him. Her beautiful face was very enchanting that he just found himself staring at her. Her soft skin seems so delicate that you’ll be scared to touch it. Her prominent nose and pink thin lips were so inviting, it is making him want to kiss it. At the thought of it, Jiyong shook his head and closed his eyes. The movement caused Sandara to wake up from her slumber.

 

 

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open. She blinked a few times before registering where she is. Her eyes widened and a gasp came out of her lips as she turned her head to look at Jiyong, who was at first, staring at the ceiling, but shifted his gaze at her after.

 

 

“You’re awake.” Was all she could say, but deep inside, she could hear practically hear her heart beating loudly. Sitting up so that Jiyong won’t feel her erratic heartbeat, she tried to calm herself before looking at him. On the other hand, Jiyong was just watching her blankly, his thoughts were somewhere else.

 

 

“Jiyong, I’m hungry.” She said to distract both of them about how they ended up cuddling each other in Jiyong’s bed and also because she really is hungry, but he did not answer her. Jiyong’s blank stare made Sandara lean up closer to him as she waved her hand in front of his face to get his attention, but to no avail.

 

 

“Jiyong.” She called again, and this time, he responded by blinking his eyes and his gaze focusing on her, causing her to lean backwards and stare at him with curious eyes. She noticed that he has been spacing out a lot these past few days, but she did not dare mention it to him because she knows that Jiyong hates it when she gets nosy.

 

 

“What?” he asked.

 

 

“I’m hungry.” She said, clutching her stomach while pouting, trying to hide the worry she’s feeling.

 

 

Her action made Jiyong’s lips twitched in a small smile, but he stopped it. Instead, he sat up, closing the space between them. He looked up at her and caressed her hair. “Arasso. What do you want to eat?” he asked.

 

 

“Anything.” She answered with a smile, even though her subconscious wants her to ask him what was wrong. Without saying anything, Jiyong stood up and started heading towards his bathroom door. But before he could close it, Sandara called him. Looking over his shoulder, Jiyong waited for her to talk. “Is everything okay?” she asked.

 

 

It took Jiyong a few seconds to answer, and this gave Sandara the answer even before she could hear him talk. “Yeah.”

 

 

Lie. Sandara thought, but she let it go because she knows he won’t tell the truth anyway.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“I heard your brother is engaged.” A beautiful woman said and took  a sip of her wine. She’s wearing a sleeveless dress that runs down to her ankle, but with a long slit in the middle, making her flawless legs visible for all eyes to see. Her long, brown hair was flowing freely on her shoulders.

 

 

The place glittered as gold and silver reflect the lights coming from the chandeliers in the ceiling. With one look at the place, it was clear that the restaurant is for high class people. It was a beautiful place, and the sound of a music being played on a piano made it more serene.

 

 

“Yeah. He didn’t have the guts to say no.” the man opposite the woman answered as he took a bit of his food. He is wearing a black tux, and his hair was styled neatly to the side.

 

 

“You know Jiyong has always been obedient to your parents.” The woman said, and the man nodded. “But I’m thankful that you’re not.” She added.

 

 

The man looked at the woman, and his features softened. Taking her hand to his lips, he gave her a kiss, making the woman smile lovingly him. “You know I’ll always choose you, my Spring.” He murmured.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“Jiyong.” Sandara called, a wide smile is plastered on her face.

 

 

Jiyong did not answer her and didn’t look at her either. He was cutting some cucumber on the counter.

 

 

They were currently preparing some snacks. Jiyong was teaching Sandara how to prepare some sandwich, pancakes and other simple snacks in case she’s hungry, but she wasn’t really in the mood to cooperate and be a good student. She keeps on playing around the kitchen, making Jiyong lose his patience towards her.

 

 

“Jiyong.” She called again. Still, no answer.

 


Jiyong knows that she’s up to something again, but he doesn’t want to deal with it anymore. For some reason, she turned into some crazy amnesia girl and won’t stop. His kitchen was a mess, and he hated it, but he continued to make some food since Sandara said she was hungry.

 

 

Awhile ago, when Jiyong told Sandara to chop the chicken meat into strips, what she did was chopped it into little pieces. When he told her to prepare some juice, she opened two cans of soda and put the contents in a glass along with some ice. When he told her crack some eggs, she smashed them in the bowl. He also told her to look at the food they were cooking in the pan, but she totally forgot about it and the meat was burnt. She also made a big mess with the flour when she tried to open the lid, but ended up opening the whole plastic instead. The floor turned white as the flour covered it.

 

 

Sandara called him again, and this time, Jiyong sighed heavily and dropped the knife to look at her. “What?” he asked.

 

 

She walked towards him and hugged him, placing her tiny arms around his waist and resting her chin on his chest while looking at his handsome face. “Sorry.” She apologized. “I didn’t mean to mess up.” She added, but Jiyong just stared at her without saying a word. “Smile for me, hmm?” she said and pouted. “I promise I’ll do what you want after.” She finished.

 

 

Since when did she learn how to be playful?’ Jiyong thought and recalled the times that he let her do what she wants in his house. He remembered that all she did was to watch tv shows. Jiyong groaned inside his head. ‘Of course. The television.’ He thought. He didn’t say a word for a good two minutes, but after seeing Sandara’s lips curving upside down while looking at him, he sighed and closed his eyes. “I don’t----“

 

 

“I saw this cute girl doing some hand gestures on the tv yesterday. You want to see?” She asked, not waiting for him to continue since she knows he won’t do it. She pulled back and took one step backward to give a little space for them.

 

 

Jiyong’s brow raised in surprise. After the chaos she did in his kitchen, now she’ll do something that would surely make him crazy again.

 

 

♪ ♫ Geumsae mariga hanjibae isseo,

Appa gom, eomma gom, aegi gom ♪ ♫

 

 

Sandara started to sing and dance. Jiyong’s brows raised, amusement filled his eyes. Her soft voice matched really well with the song, and her actions made her more cute.

 

 

♪ ♫ Appa gomeun ddeung ddeung hae,

Eomma gomeun nalssinhae ♪ ♫

 

 

Jiyong’s lips twitched, but he stopped it before it turned into a smile.

 

 

♪ ♫ Aegi gomeun neomu kiyeowo,

Usseuk, usseuk jalhanda. ♪ ♫

 

 

Finally, Jiyong’s lips curved into a smile while shaking his head, making Sandara grin at him triumphantly. She ran to him and hugged him while giggling, her hands wrapped around his neck. She felt Jiyong’s arms around her.

 

 

“Where did you learn that?” he asked.

 

 

“From a friend.” Sandara answered. Jiyong pulled back to look at her, his forehead started to crease. “It’s the tv.” She said immediately, biting her lip. Jiyong rarely smiles, and she wants to see it always.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“NOONA!!!” Seungri shouted like a child after stepping inside Jiyong’s house. He was so happy when his hyung called him to watch over Sandara since Jiyong needs to go meet his parents in their house in a short notice, and no one will be left to look after her. He tried to ask Chaerin to go with him, but he remembered that she was under surveillance by Sandara’s aunt.

 

 

He, too, was being followed by some men, and that they were keeping track of his daily activities. But even before going there, he already had this plan that if Jiyong will use Seungri’s car, then it would only look like a friend visiting his friend’s house. In that way, they would think that Seungri just dropped off something at Jiyong’s house. They won’t think that it was actually Jiyong who left and not him.

 

 

“Seungri!” Sandara squealed and ran into him. They hugged each other while jumping together like two kids who haven’t seen each other for a while. Jiyong, who was watching the two, could only roll his eyes. Not long after reminding Seungri of some things, he went on his way, promising Sandara to be home in a few hours.

 

 

“So, how’s it going noona?” Seungri asked, lounging comfortably on the couch like it was his. He spread his arms on the backrest, totally occupying the whole space and not giving Sandara any place to sit.

 

 

“Seungri, was Jiyong telling you what was bothering him?” she asked, not being able to hold it in any longer.

 

 

“Eh?”

 

 

“These past few days, he was always lost in his own thoughts.” Sandara answered. She fidgeted her fingers.

 

 

Seungri looked at his noona with a confused look. “Lost in his thoughts? Noona, he was rarely like that, except if he was thinking of some really serious stuff.” He answered, making Sandara look at him with surprise. “Hyung was always focused on the things around him. He was never the person to succumb on his own thoughts--- well, maybe except when he is alone--  but whenever he was with some people, he was always attentive.”

 

 

Sandara’s head inclined to the side after hearing Seungri. If that was true, then why was he always lost in his own thoughts these past few days? “Is there any problem in his work? Or in his family?” she asked, but Seungri just shook his head.

 

 

“Stop worrying noona, he’ll be fine.” Seungri said assuringly, like he knows what’s going to happen. “Hyung will get hold of it.” He said, and with that, Sandara nodded.

 

 

A few seconds of silence passed, and neither of the two spoke. Lost in the their own thoughts, both of them enjoyed the quiet atmosphere.

 

 

“Are you seeing Chaerin?” she asked to change the topic. Chaerin has never visited her again in the hospital.

 

 

“Yeah. Speaking of my Honeybunch, she’s----“

 

 

“Honeybunch?” Sandara asked.

 

 

Seungri grinned widely. “Yeah, that’s what I call her.” He said, his eyes twinkling.

 

 

“How is she?” Sandara asked.

 

 

As soon as the question came out of Sandara’s mouth, Seungri started complaining about the things that happened so far between him and Chaerin, like he already practiced what he was saying a few times. He ranted on how cold Chaerin was towards him even though he is trying to change her the way she looked at him, how she hated him so much that she always says it to his face every time they were together, how she shoves him away every time he goes to her office, how she looks at him like he was the dirtiest man alive, how she glares at him even before he can sit on a chair in her office, how she refuses to go on lunch or dinner with him, and so on.

 

 

Even though it was not the answer she was waiting to hear, Sandara just listened to him rant about Chaerin. She  finds it amusing that he is actually keeping everything inside and is only telling her now about the things that happened. But even though he tells her how much Chaerin hates him, he never once mentioned that he feels the same way about her. The way Seungri narrate the things that had happened between him and Chaerin isn’t laced with hatred nor annoyance but pure admiration.Warm and cold’, she thought. ‘They’ll be fine.’ The thought made her smile.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“What is it this time, Mom?” Jiyong asked after arriving at their house. His mother was sitting on their couch, drinking some tea, while his father was reading some newspaper.

 

 

“I’vel already took care of everything.” Mrs. Kwon said, her eyes gleaming with excitement at the mere mention of her taking care of everything.

 

 

“Took care of what?” he asked, his brows slightly furrowed.

 

 

“Your vacation!” Mrs. Kwon said, clasping her hands in the process. “You’ll head out next week. Make sure you enjoy it.” She sternly said.

 

 

“What? Mom, look, I------“

 

 

“Make sure to give your fiancée the best vacation. She needs it.” Mrs. Kwon ordered. “Seungri can come with you if you want. Oh! And his girlfriend.”

 

 

Jiyong shook his head. “She’s not Seungri’s girlfriend.”

 

 

“Yet.” Mrs. Kwon said, like she knows it will surely happen and  just waiting for it.

 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes and sighed. “Look Mom, about my fiancée, she’s------“

 

 

“We know what happened Kwon Jiyong.” His mother said, her facial expression suddenly becoming serious. Jiyong stiffened after hearing his mother. “I know it’s a bad thing to say, but I think it’s a good thing that it was you and not someone else.” She said while shaking her head. Mr. Kwon kept his mouth shut, but it was evident that he was listening to his wife and son’s conversation.

 

 

“You know it was her?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Of course. And I also know where she is.” His mother said, her tone teasing him. “You should have told me. I know she’s beautiful, but can’t you wait until you two were married?” Mrs. Kwon asked her son.

 

 

Jiyong sighed exasperatedly. “Mom, I think you’re missing some important detail here.” Mrs. Kwon’s brow arch up with curiosity and asked her son what it was. “She lost her memories because of the accident.”

                                                          

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

When Jiyong arrived, it was already ten in the evening. Seungri left immediately after they finished eating dinner. Sandara tried to ask Jiyong how his visit with his parents went, but he just said that it went fine. He did not even look at her when he answered. For some reason, she felt a stabbing pain in her chest, but she tried to ignore it. Jiyong did not talk much after, just accompanied her in watching some drama. An hour later, Jiyong finally stood up and started heading towards the stairs, but Sandara stopped him after calling him and grabbing his arm.

 

 

“What?” he asked.

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Sandara asked, her eyes filled with concern.

 

 

Jiyong did not answer immediately and just stared at her. “Nothing.” He sighed and looked away. Sandara’s hold on him tightened as she forced him to look at her. When he did, her free hand went to Jiyong’s cheek and caressed it.

 

 

The warmth of her palm made him close his eyes and lean into her touch. Her soft hand made him feel better after his conversation with his parents. As much as he wanted to, he doesn’t want to remember what happened earlier and the other things that keeps on bothering him. He opened his eyes and stared at her beautiful face.

 

 

Sandara saw the pain in his eyes, making her chest heavy. Without saying anything, she tiptoed and slowly leaned forward, her eyes slowly closing.

 

 

As her lips met his, butterflies started fluttering in her stomach and the time seemed to stop around them.

 

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

A/N:

WAIT!! You can't bury me six feet under! No one will write the next chapter and you won't be able to find out what will happen. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ XD Relax!! I’ll give you more on the next chapter. :3 PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE.. lol Okay, sorry if this update is kinda confusing.. I'm having a hard time editing this chapter because it's making me confused as well (what?) lol XD

Anyway, Hello hello hello to: luaroze21, 1say16, YukiNashreen from the PHILIPPINES, rinrindam from INDONESIA, Daragon22 from ENGLAND, and begturtle from MALAYSIA! and of course, to all of you!

Thank you so much for reading/commenting/upvoting/subscribing to my story.. ^__^

follow me on twitter and IG and I'll follow back: @msjidee1812

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif