XIV: The Story and the Party

Accidentally In Love

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

 

The sound of something ringing loudly woke Jiyong up from his deep slumber. It has been ringing for a while now, and as much as he wanted to ignore the noise, he found himself reaching for the device half asleep and half awake. Tapping the screen of his phone, he did not bother looking on who the caller was and just placed it on his ear as he grumbled his ‘hello’ greeting to the person on the other line.

 

“Jiyong, son, good morning!” a woman greeted on the other line.

 

Jiyong cracked open his eyes and looked at the name displayed on the screen of his phone before placing it back on his ear. “Mother.” His voice was hoarse from sleep, and his mother noticed it for Jiyong only calls his mom ‘mother’ when he was either suppressing his anger or when he just woke up.

 

“Wake up. I need to tell you something and I need you wide awake for this. I know you will forget this as soon as I end this call.” Mrs. Kwon demanded, making Jiyong sigh heavily and then pulled his body up on a sitting position.

 

Looking at the clock on his bedside table, he saw that it was only five thirty in the morning. What on earth does his mother needed to say that she called him so early in the morning?

 

“Are you fully awake now?” he heard his mother on the other line say, making him nod before remembering that she can’t see her. He muttered a ‘yes’ and immediately, his mother started talking. “Well, you well know that our company just recently got a new partner for the publishing company that we were planning to put up, right?”

 

“Yes mom, I was the one who signed the contract with them.” Jiyong reminded his mother, making his mother mutter an ‘oh’. “What is it about them?” he asked.

 

“You see, your father met with them just recently and they decided to host a party to celebrate the partnership of our companies.” She informed him.

 

“What? Why wasn’t I informed with this?” Jiyong asked, frowning after hearing what his mother just said. They could have told him about his father meeting with their new business partner. Besides, he was the one currently in-charge of their company, so they should have told him about them meeting his father, not that he does not like it.

 

“We know that you were busy so your father just agreed without asking for your consent. The party will be held tomorrow, in The Shilla Seoul Hotel at seven in the evening.”

 

“Tomorrow?” Jiyong asked his mom like she just lost her mind.

 

“Yes, tomorrow. It would be a formal party so you'll need to wear a suit. That’s all, I need to go.” Mrs. Kwon said in a hurry and was about to end the call when she remembered something. “Oh! And bring your fiancée with you, will you?” His mother said.

 

“I can’t take her. It is dangerous mom, you know that.” Jiyong answered immediately, his voice turned serious in a matter of seconds.

 

“That’s was why we made it into a masquerade party. I won’t ask you to bring her if her safety isn’t guaranteed.” Mrs. Kwon explained to his son, knowing that he worries over his fiancée’s safety. After all, she was their best friend’s only daughter.

 

Jiyong did not answer his mother for a few seconds, thinking if he should agree to bring her with him or not. Knowing that it would be dangerous, seventy percent of his brain was telling him that he should not take her to the party. But the remaining thirty percent was telling him that he wants to see what facial expression she would make if he told her the news.

 

“Jiyong, I want to meet her.”

 

“But mom---“

 

“It would make her happy.” His mother cut him off, making him shut his mouth and press it to a thin line. Mrs. Kwon really knew what to say to make him say yes.

 

“I’ll think about it.” He answered before ending the call.

 

For a while, Jiyong just stared at the phone in his hand, contemplating what he should do. Then figuring out that he won’t know his answer until he sees Sandara’s face, he sighed heavily and he left his comfortable bed. Somehow, he felt the need to see her face to find out what would weigh more in him, her safety or her happiness.

 

After he took a shower and dress for work, he took his brief case in one hand and his suit on the other. When he reached the kitchen, he expected to see Sandara moving around preparing him breakfast, but he did not see her. There were also no food prepared on the counter and it looked like it has not been used since last night.

 

Jiyong frown after seeing the empty kitchen and his eyes shifted to the staircase. Then he remembered that it was only past six in the morning and she usually wakes up at seven. So, placing his suit and brief case on the couch in the living room, he ascended the stairs towards Sandara’s room.

 

When he reached it, he knocked two times, but there was no answer. Reaching for the knob, he twisted it and pushed it open. He was greeted by her room which was lighted with the sun’s light coming from her large windows. His eyes roamed around until it landed on her bed.

 

There she was, sleeping soundly while snuggled on her comfortable bed. The blanket that was supposedly covering her was strewn to her side, exposing half of her body as she hugged one of her pillows tightly. Her pajama top was slightly pulled up, showing her flat stomach. Her lips were partly open, and he can hear her light snores.

 

Jiyong quietly walked to the side of her bed and watched her sleeping peacefully. Now that he had seen her, his mind went again to the question hanging in his head for a few minutes now. He was determined to not take her to the party, but all of a sudden, Sandara’s smiling and excited face came popping out of his mind.

 

Recalling a few days ago when he agreed to go to the concert upon her request, he remembered how Sandara’s eyes lit up and how her lips curved into a wide smile. Her face seemed to glow from the happiness that he never saw from her when he nodded his head to agree to what she was telling him. He also remembered her disappointed and sad face when he did not answer her immediately.

 

So lost in his thoughts, he did not notice that Sandara was now awake and was staring at him while he just stood there not moving at all.

 

“Jiyong.”

 

Upon hearing his name, Jiyong blinked a two times before his gaze focused on her. He noticed how beautiful she was, even if she just woke up. “Hey.” He greeted.

 

Sandara lifted herself on a sitting position, before her eyes shifted on the clock that read six thirty-five, the shifted it back to him. “You’re leaving? It’s too early.” She asked, her brows furrowed in confusion.

 

Jiyong took a step forward and sat down at the edge of the bed facing her. His hand automatically reached some strands of her hair and tucked it behind her ear. “I just woke up early and can’t go back to sleep.” He explained while looking at her.

 

Sandara examined his face for a few seconds, trying to see if there was something bothering him again, but she saw nothing. Without saying anything, she lifted the blanket that was draped on half of her body, but Jiyong stopped her as he caught her hand.

 

“No. Go back to sleep.” He said, but Sandara just shook her head.

 

“I won’t be able to go back to sleep.” She told him and got up, making her way to the bathroom and leaving Jiyong sitting on her bed alone.

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

In the end, Jiyong couldn’t say no. Not when Seungri told Sandara about the party and how fun it was to attend a masquerade party. All Sandara did was to give him her puppy dog eyes and disappointed look, and he gave in. So, he had asked, again, for In Na’s help to get Sandara a dress with matching mask and doll her up while he went to Seungri to fry his stupid for being so stupid.

 

“Hyung! Stop!” Seungri shouted in his office. His voice can be heard all over the place and the employees would stop at what they were doing every time Seungri shouts. They would give the wooden door a questioning look before looking at each other and shrug.

 

“You stupid panda.” Jiyong said and continued to whack Seungri using the pillow on his couch. “How could you be so stupid? Here I was, expecting you to act mature for once and yet you did the complete opposite.” He said while Seungri continued to shield himself from his hyung’s wrath.

 

“I only told her because I thought she would think of me as a Knight in shining armor!”

 

“Knight in shining armor? What are you, five?” Jiyong asked incredulously, huffing and whacking Seungri’s head one last time before sitting down on the couch beside him. “You know she can’t go out especially when they ordered an investigation on us, and yet you told her about the party and that we are going.” he told him.

 

Feeling guilty after realizing his mistake, Seungri scratched his head. “I’m sorry hyung, I wasn’t thinking at all.” He apologized.

 

“Of course you weren’t thinking. I would’ve been surprised if you did.” Jiyong said playfully, rolling his eyes after he had calmed down.

 

“Hyung! How could you say that? I’m your smartest friend that ever existed!” Seungri exclaimed, clutching his heart pretending to be hurt.

 

Jiyong snorted. “Smartest? Who?” he asked, looking around Seungri’s office.

 

Seungri huffed and crossed his arms on his chest. “Get out. I won’t talk to you ever again. I’ll only talk to noona from now on.” He said, pouting his lips like a kid. Jiyong’s lips curved into a smirk, not believing Seungri’s words.

 

Jiyong stood up and walked slowly towards the door. “Oh yeah? And here I thought I’d treat you for a VIP ticket to that concert Dara had been bugging me to go to . I guess I’ll cancel it then.” He trailed.

 

Not a second later, he was being pulled back into the couch and Seungri was kneeling in front of him and wiping his shoes. “You know how much I love you right? I can’t do that. I’d rather die than not talk to you. You’re my most favorite hyung who is so generous and kind and loving and caring and sweet and patient and hardworking and honest and handsome and y and--------” He went on and on as he started dusting Jiyong’s suit even though there was no need to it. He even started arranging Jiyong’s hair and his ears and everything his hands could touch.

 

Jiyong watched with amusement as his dongsaeng did everything while rumbling all the adjectives he possibly learned for the past twenty-one years of his existence. His lips was tugging into a smile, but he was trying to stop himself.

 

“Stop it.” Jiyong stood up and started walking again towards the door. Just when he opened the door, Seungri showed up behind him.

 

“Hyung! Saranghae!” he shouted, and right then and there, every head outside his office their direction with wide eyes and jaws dropped.

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

Saturday, 6:00 pm

 

 

[JIYONG]

 

 

I sighed for – I don’t know how many times now – as I rolled my eyes to what the person on the other line was saying. Just listening to what he was rambling about was enough to give me a headache. I already told him that we would see each other at the party just so it would look like was a coincidence, but he did something careless, again.

 

“Hyung, I can’t let my HONEYBUNCH go the party without an ! Those vultures will eat her alive! And it’ll be good to come together.” he argued as I hear some cars honking at the background.

 

A few minutes earlier he called and told me that he was on his way. I thought that he was talking about him on his way to the Shilla, where the party was going to be held, but I was wrong. It wasn’t until I heard Dara’s friend’s voice did I realize what he meant when he said ‘I’m on the way’. And now, he was telling me that they would come here just so we could go together as a ‘double power couple’. His words, not mine.

 

Closing my eyes, I sighed irritably to him. I can hear Dara’s friend insulting him and telling him that they are not a couple. Sighing, again, I rolled my eyes from the fact that she corrected Seungri about them not being a couple, but she did not tell him to stop the car, turn around and head to the Shilla first.

 

Not wanting to damage my ears further, I pressed the speaker function of my phone and placed it on a small table beside the full length mirror of my walk-in closet. I continued with buttoning my polo which was interrupted because Seungri called, then moving on with my cuffs. As I tie my necktie around my neck, I listened to the two argue inside the car. Putting my black suit on, I examined myself on the mirror before grabbing my phone, wallet and watch.

 

“Seungri, you two head to the hotel first. We’ll meet you there. If you don’t, I will give your ticket to Daesung.” I threatened him and without even waiting for his reply, I ended the call.

 

I waited for Sandara in the living room while she finished preparing. In Na did not allow me to see the dress she picked, and also did not allow me to go inside Dara’s room.

 

I was checking my phone when I heard In Na squealing like a teenager and shouting from above the stairs that they’re done. I stood up and waited as In Na descended the stairs with an excited look on her face. Frowning at her for taking too long, I shifted my gaze from her to the direction of the stairs when I heard the clicking of shoes.

 

My eyes landed on her, and I felt the time stop.

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

A/N:

 

Surprise! Surprise! You didn't expect me to update today, am I right?! ㅋㅋㅋ Well I just sort of thought about the party happening when I was thinking what to write next in the story, so yeah, I wrote it down. Hope you like it! :)

Sorry for grammatical errors. I know there are a lot of them. Still, THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING this story. 

COMMENTS are HIGHLY appreciated. :)

ALSO! Thank you to those who checked out my stories in wattpad. Even though they are not a DaraGon stories, you still checked on them, so, THANK YOU! *bows 90 degrees* 

 

Talk to you guys on the next update! Oh! and follow me if you want on:

  • twitter: @msjidee1812             IG: @_lycheee_                     wattpad: @lovelicht

HENGSHO! LOVE YOU GUYS! ♥

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif