VIII: The Glimpse and the Change

Accidentally In Love

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

The next day, Sandara woke up from the light that was peering through the curtains of the room. The foremost thing that greeted her was a beautiful butterfly attached by a chain to the ceiling. The thought made her frown since she doesn’t remember the butterfly in her hospital room. Peeking at the clock, she realized that it was only six in the morning. The bright light from the room made her eyes squint, but it did not hurt her. She then roamed her eyes, taking in that she was in a room with black, gray and white pigments. It got her a few minutes to actually remember that she was already out of the hospital was currently resting in a Jiyong’s house. Recalling that Jiyong prepared another bed for her, her brows raised and her head tilted to the side.

 

 

Rubbing her eyes, she slowly sat up and looked around her looking for Jiyong but he is not there. The birds outside were singing and the faint sound of moving vehicles entered her ears. The tranquil atmosphere within the house made her think that Jiyong left her all alone, and that was all she asked before she dashed outside Jiyong’s room not caring if her hair was a mess or that she didn’t clean herself first.

 

 

The door to Jiyong’s room banged loudly as it hit the wall when Sandara pulled it way too much. Her footsteps echoed in the house as she half run half walked towards downstairs, but she didn’t care about it. The thought of Jiyong leaving her alone in the house scared her.

 

 

When she reached the living room, it was empty, so she decided to look in the kitchen, but it was also empty. Jiyong’s garden outside was also empty since the glass window’s was directly in front of it. Sandara turned around to look at the house from the kitchen and tears began to prick her eyes. “Jiyong?” she called, but no one answered. “Jiyong?” she called again, her tone helpless, but still got no reply. For a few seconds, she just stood there, trying to stop the tears threatening to flow from her eyes.

 

 

Sandara gulped and started heading towards the stairs, but abruptly stopped when she saw Jiyong standing at the top of the stairs, watching her. She sighed a relief after seeing that he did not leave her and was just upstairs the whole time. Her feet started to move on their own, and she just found herself ascending the stairs towards Jiyong who is looking at her blankly. When she reached the top, she launched herself to him, circling her arms around his torso and burying her face on his chest. She closed her eyes, feeling safe again now that she knows he was there. Not long after, she felt his arm go around her as he hugged her back, holding her and letting her calm down.

 

 

“Where were you? I thought you left me.” Sandara murmured after a few more seconds, pulling away from him.

 

 

Jiyong did not answer immediately and just stared at her, her forehead creased and her lips almost pouting. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. “I was in my office.”

 

 

Since he won’t be coming to work for the next two days, Jiyong decided to finish some of his work the whole night in his office, reading reports, sorting some deals and signing some contracts that were delivered to his house by his secretary. Jiyong was typing some reports earlier on his laptop when he heard the loud bang of the door outside. He frowned when he saw that it was only six in the morning. He decided to look, just in case, and when he did go out of his office, he saw that the door to his room was left open.

 

 

The faint sound of footsteps can be heard downstairs, and Jiyong knows that it was her. When he reached the top of the stairs, he stopped after seeing Sandara frantically looking around the house. Even though her hair was a mess, her clothes were crumpled, and her face was screaming that it hasn’t been cleaned yet, she still looked like an angel. It looks like she was about to cry, as her eyes began to mist and lips turned upside down.

 

 

He heard her called his name twice, but he did not answer. Her worried, helpless and scared expression triggered something inside his chest and he doesn’t know what it is. The feeling of it made him stare at her blankly, and before he knew it, Sandara was hugging him tightly, like her dear life depended on him. The way she buried her face in his chest made him feel like she just found her long lost treasure. He can feel her trembling a little, so he rounded up his arm around her waist.

 

 

“You ok?” Jiyong asked softly after she pulled away while staring at her beautiful face.

 

 

Sandara nodded and gripped the sides of his sweatshirt, feeling drained all of a sudden. It was like all her energy sapped out of her body and she just felt like sagging to the floor. Jiyong must have seen it too, because he placed his arm around her shoulder.

 

 

“Come on.” He said and ushered her back to his room, but Sandara’s sleepiness was gone and so, she decided to clean up while Jiyong prepared their breakfast. After doing so, she headed downstairs to the kitchen, and found Jiyong cooking some food.

 

 

“Where did you sleep last night?” Sandara asked after settling down on the high stool, watching Jiyong prepare their breakfast.

 

 

“I was working.” He simply answered.

 

 

“Until what time?” she asked.

 

 

“Two.” He lied. He did not feel the need to tell  her that he did not actually sleep at all.

 

 

“You should have gone back to bed with me.” Sandara said, looking at him, concern evident in her eyes that Jiyong did not sleep well last night.

 

 

“It’s okay.” He answered.

 

 

After eating breakfast, Sandara insisted on washing the dishes since she already learned how to do so. She forced Jiyong to lie down in his bed for an hour or more, just so he could catch up some rest, but when she checked him, he was not in his room, but in his office. “Jiyong, you need to rest.” She said, but Jiyong just glanced at her, muttered ‘I’m fine’ and continued to do his work after. After realizing that he won’t do as she says, she sighed defeatedly and closed the door.

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

“Hi y.” Chaerin groaned internally after hearing the most annoying voice she’s been hearing these past few days. Almost instantly, her head started to hurt after thinking about the possible craziness she’ll have to endure while Seungri was there.

 

 

“What do you want now?” She asked.

 

 

“Well, I heard that my Honeybunch already misses me, so I decided to end her misery.” Seungri answered, grinning happily.

 

 

Chaerin rolled her eyes, wanting to pop his head with a sharp object so that the air inside would come out and would eventually make him humble enough to feel embarrassed by what he was saying. “Then what the hell are you doing here? Go to wherever your Honeybunch is waiting.” She said, even though she already knows who his ‘Honeybunch’ is that he was talking about. Eww.

 

 

“Actually, no need. I’m here.” He said, smirking. Chaerin could only shake her head. His delusional mind is starting to worry her because he imagines the things that are impossible to happen. Deciding to ignore the erted delusional maniac inside her office, she continued designing some stylish dresses.

 

 

“You know, I’m not being delusional. We might really end up together.” Seungri said, while sitting down on the chair beside the table where Chaerin was currently working and raking his hair.

 

 

“What made you say that?” Chaerin asked.

 

 

“Oh, you know, I’m not the one who quits easily. I always make sure I get what I want.” He answered confidently. Chaerin looked at her with her eyebrows raised on one side like she doesn’t believe what he was saying. “Why don’t we have a deal?” Seungri offered all of a sudden. Chaerin did not answer but he knows that she was listening. “I’ll melt your heart in a month. If I succeed, then expect that we will surely get married after.” He explained.

 

 

“And if you don’t?” Chaerin asked, straightening her back and looking at him.

 

 

“Then I’ll stop bugging you for the rest of your life.” He answered, looking at her intently, determination visible in his eyes.

 

 

Chaerin smirked. “We’ll see about that.” She said.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

Kim Jaejoong was waiting inside a fancy restaurant along the Gangnam Street when he noticed the waiter accompanying a newly-arrived customer and directing her towards him. The middle-aged woman was wearing a black and white fur coat and winter boots. Her black pouch is tucked between her arm and waist. As they approach him, Jaejoong stood up and greeted the woman.

 

 

“Mrs. Gu.” Jaerjoong bowed, but Mrs. Gu did not even bother to do the same.

 

 

“Take a seat. I want to ask you something.” She said, settling down in the chair. Jaejoong took his seat as well and looked at the woman in front of him, waiting for her to speak up.

 

 

“I assume you already heard.” Mrs. Gu started. “I want to know where my niece is.” She said and looked at Jaejoong stern, intimidating him.

 

 

Jaejoong bowed his head slightly. “I’m sorry Ma’am, but I’m afraid I don’t know where she is either.” He answered truthfully. “We already broke up before she went missing.” He said, leaving the fact that the night Sandara disappeared was also the night when she found him cheating on her.

 

 

“Really? Is it really true? Or maybe you just don’t want me to know her whereabouts that’s why you said you two were over.” Mrs. Gu concluded.

 

 

Jaejoong shook his head and looked at Mrs. Gu straight in the eye. “We didn’t see each other anymore ever since I left Busan. She wrote to me before, but eventually, I get tired of the setup, that’s why I stopped communicating with her.” He answered. He knows that Sandara’s aunt was nothing but evil, and even though he did not take Sandara seriously when they were still together, he cares for her, even just a bit because he knows that she is a good person.

 

 

Mrs. Gu just stared at him, reading him, trying to assess if he was telling the truth. Just when the waiter arrived, Mrs. Gu stood up. Gathering her pouch, she started walking away from Jaejoong, but stopped a few feet to look at him. “I always knew you were cheating on her with some rich kid.” She said, making Jaejoong stiffen for a few seconds. “You should have stuck to her until she had her parents’ fortunes. That way, you didn’t have to steal your best friend’s girlfriend.”

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

Sandara was watching some chick flick movie when she heard the doorbell rang. Leaping from the couch, she headed towards the intercom located at the wall to see who it was. Amidst her travel to the front door, she halted her steps and tilted her head after rememberin Jiyong’s words to her earlier that day when he was telling her the rules that she needs to follow while living under his roof.

 

 

“Don’t answer the phone nor open the gate if it’s not me, do you understand?”

 

 

Sandara pouted and grudgingly turned around towards the stairs to tell Jiyong that someone is outside. Her excitement in opening the door vanished. But, thinking that it was Seungri, she half run half walked towards Jiyong’s office after reaching the second floor to where Jiyong was currently doing some paperwork. Knocking softly, she tried to push the door, and to her surprise, it was slightly open. She peek her head inside like a kid and saw that Jiyong was reading some paper he was holding.

 

 

Jiyong looked up at her. “What?” he asked.

 

 

“Um, someone is outside.” She answered. Not asking who it was, Jiyong stood up from his table and walked towards her. “Is that Seungri? Or Chaerin?” she asked, stepping back to give Jiyong some space as he stepped out of his office.

 

 

“No.” Jiyong simply answered. He walked passed Sandara towards the stairs, with her trailing behind him.

 

 

When they reach the intercom, Jiyong pressed a button to see who it was, and when he saw that it was the person he was waiting for, he press another button to let open the gate and let the person in. Upon seeing that the visitor wasn’t someone she recognized, Sandara’s brow furrowed. “Who is that?” she asked her tone a bit angry.

 

 

Before Jiyong could even answer, the door opened and a beautiful woman entered the house with a black bag on her hand. She bowed and smiled slightly at Jiyong but stopped when she saw Sandara standing behind Jiyong. Her facial expression told both Jiyong and Sandara that she was shocked to see someone else, especially a woman, inside Jiyong’s house.

 

 

An awkward silence passed, and Sandara tugged the hem of Jiyong’s shirt to get his attention. Jiyong, on the other hand, willingly turned around to face her, silently asking her what it is. Sandara immediately let go of Jiyong’s shirt after realizing what she did, and blinked innocently at him, thinking that he would let it go, but he didn’t. She shook her head and gave him a small smile then bowed her head after.

 

 

Unconvinced by her smile, Jiyong took one step closer and lifted Sandara’s chin to see her facial expression. He stared at her brown orbs and saw confusion, curiosity, fear. Something else flicked, but he can’t recognize it. “What?” he asked, totally forgetting that someone else is inside the house with them.

 

 

“Nothing.” She simply answered and bowed her head again. And then, in the faintest whisper, he heard her say “I just don’t who she is.”

 

 

Realizing his mistake, Jiyong held Sandara’s wrist and started leading her to the kitchen but stopped after remembering their visitor. “You can wait for us in the living room.” He said and then continued. Jiyong realized that he should have told her about what he was planning to do. He forgot that she only know his, Seungri and Chaerin’s face, and the doctors and nurses in the hospital. Aside from them, she didn’t meet anybody else.

 

 

Still her head bowed, Sandara’s brows were furrowed in confusion. They reached the kitchen and Jiyong made her face him. “She’s Yoo In Na, a stylist. She’s working for my mom, on one of her salon.” She heard him explain, and she immediately relaxed after finding out who it was.

 

 

“Why is she here then?” Sandara asked, her voice almost inaudible.

 

 

“I asked her to.” Jiyong answered, and Sandara’s head looked up at him so fast. She glared at him, not liking the idea that he asked her to come.

 

 

Jiyong chuckled after seeing her murderous glare at him. “Come here.” He said and pulled her into a hug. He breathed on her sweet scent and he felt her tiny arms go around her waist as she buried her face on his chest. “She came here for you.” He explained.

 

 

“What do you mean she came here for me?” She asked.

 

 

“I asked her to change your hair color and cut your hair.” He answered. “I’ll explain to you why, but not now.”

 

 

“Why not?” Sandara asked again, her forehead creasing.

 

 

“You’re not yet ready.”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Jiyong decided to continue his work while In Na do  hers as well. When he was finished, he went down to prepare their lunch while waiting for In Na to finish her work. He can hear the opening of the doors upstairs, but he did not mind. He trusts In Na’s skill when it comes to styling a person.

 

 

 

 

While he was inside his office ealier, he received a call from his mother, asking him what he needed from In Na. Jiyong can only shake his head after hearing his mother bombard him with questions, and reminding him that he already has a fiancée and that he should not do crazy things. Listening to his mother scolding him like a child made him roll his eyes.

 

 

“Mom, I’m not cheating on anybody, okay? Stop it.” he said.

 

 

“I’m just making sure you’re behaving well Kwon Jiyong.” Her mother told him.

 

 

When they finished talking, it was already ten in the morning. He looked at the files on his desk, and saw that he was almost finished. Sighing heavily, he remembered that he hasn’t had any sleep at all, but he refused to lie down since he wanted to finish all his work so that he can spend the time with Sandara and not leave her alone in the house.

 

 

 

 

“Come on now.” Jiyong heard In Na’s voice behind him as he heard footsteps coming his way in the kitchen. When he turned around, it was like time stopped and the world stopped revolving. There, in front of him, was the most beautiful woman he ever saw. Her hair was dyed ash brown and was cut a little shorter than her previous hairstyle. Her natural curls made her new look more beautiful. Her skin glowed with her new hair color. She was beautiful.

 

 

In Na smiled after seeing Jiyong’s reaction. Even though she knows that whatever style fits her, In Na still tried her best to give her the best look she can have so that her boss' son would be satisfied. And besides, styling someone as beautiful as Sandara always gives her the challenge. Since Sandara was already beautiful, In Na wants to see if she could do more to make her more beautiful.

 

 

Sandara bowed her head down, embarrassed of Jiyong’s stare at her. She felt nervous that he might not like her new look, or that he would think it was ugly. In Na actually suggested that they should dye her hair blonde, but Sandara refused to do so, thinking that she would be very noticeable if ever she and Jiyong go out. The thought made her uncomfortable, as she was still not used to strangers looking at her.

 

 

 

“Well?” In Na started, looking at Jiyong. “What do you think?” she asked, smiling at him.

 

 

Jiyong looked at her for a while, but turned his attention back to Sandara. After a few seconds of looking at her, he turned around towards the food he was cooking. “It’s fine.” He said.

 

 

Sandara’s shoulder sank after hearing Jiyong’s thoughts about her makeover. She thought he would like it, love it even, but she was wrong. “I forgot something upstairs.” She excused herself and went to Jiyong’s room. Taking deep breathes, she tried to calm herself by repeating the words ‘it’s okay’ of her mind.

 

 

While she was busy doing that, she hadn’t noticed Jiyong already standing behind her. He heard her sigh heavily. “I guess he didn’t like it.” She mumbled to herself.

 

 

Jiyong’s face softened and his lips twitched after hearing Sandara’s words. He continued to listen to her talk to herself for a few more minutes before he decided to make his presence known. “What are you doing?” Jiyong asked, pretending that he didn’t hear anything, surprising her as she turn around to face him.

 

 

“Nothing.” Sandara answered and started walking towards the door, but Jiyong held her arm, stopping her. “What?” she asked.

 

 

Jiyong didn’t say anything, but a small smile is visible on his lips. He just tucked a loose hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead gently, before intertwining their hands and pulling her out of the room.

 

 

The day went by fast. In Na was pleased to know that Jiyong actually liked what she did to Sandara's hair. Not long after she finished her work, she left. Jiyong told her to stay for lunch, but she declined, telling them that she actually has a date with her boyfriend who happens to be around the place that time. After lunch, Sandara pursuaded Jiyong to sleep, and he gladly did. Sandara tried to make herself busy by watching some movies on the television, but got bored after, so she decided to just sleep as well. She went upstairs to Jiyong's room and settled beside him, but keeping her distance. She stared at Jiyong's sleeping face for a few minutes, before drifting to sleep.

 

 

 

 2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

A/N:

Hi guys! Sorry for my late update. :3 I just can’t think of what to write next with AIL. XD Sorry, I’m such a bad author… (TT___TT) Anyway, summer class is over! (Hooray!) I might update more now that I have at least two weeks vacation before classes start again. OTL

I saw your comments on the previous chapter, and I read that some of you are from other countries! I was like: HOW COOL IS THAT? XD So, thank you guys for answering my question, imma going to greet you, my dearest readers….

To: daramaegon, Aylanah, nms_xo, Uta167, rinrindam >>>>> 안녕하세요! (^.^)/~~~

To all my readers from the PHILIPPINES: (esp. cocoreiko, bumweh, oo_exx, loveiscinth) >>>>> Kumusta kayo?? (^_^)/~~~

To all my readers from INDONESIA: (esp. dreamslink88,helldaDG, rizukikun, chelzjj) >>>>> Halo! (^O^)/~~~

To all my readers from SINGAPORE: (esp. jamie139) >>>>> Hello (^^)/~~

To all my readers from the US: (esp. ciraleon82) >>>>> Hi! \(^o^)/

Come on guys, I want to know where you live. Tell me! ^____^

 

Oh! and I created a Ask.fm account. XD : http://ask.fm/MsGeeDee

Talk to you on my next update! follow me on twitter: @msjidee1812

 

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif