V: The Lie and the Start

Accidentally In Love

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

 

[SEUNGRI]

 

 

To say that I am surprised would be an understatement. But on top of that, I am happy. My heart is rejoicing for the things that I am witnessing. It’s been days since she woke up, and ever since that day, I have seen everything that happened. I cannot believe that I would live to see this day coming, the day when my hyung would actually care for another woman again after the betrayal of his ex-girlfriend a few years ago. I know from my hyung’s view, it was just an act, but from what I am seeing, my hyung is actually taking care of her.

 

How do I know it, you asked? Simple.By comparing his actions now and before. What do I mean? Okay fine, I’ll explain it. Geez. Why is this my point of view again? Okay, I’ll shut up.

 

Well, you see, in hyung’s past relationships, he didn’t careof his ex-girlfriends like the way he is withSandara Park now.I’ve been friends with hyung since the start of my college life, and I know him to the extent of even knowing every pore of his body. Okay, it is not funny, I’m just kidding. But seriously, I KNOW him. I know when he is mad, when he is happy, when he is pissed, when he is lonely, when he is bored. I know. It may not show it, but I’m a keen observer. I like interpreting the actions of other people. What’s the point of secretly reading psychology books if I won’t be able to actually see my friends’ thoughts behind their actions?

 

And compared to the situation from before and now, it was totally different. I tell you, those gestures of him simply tucking her hair behind her ear, those kisses on her forehead before she sleeps, those gentle answers he was giving her, those little pat on her head, those holding hands, those times when he was feeding her herfood, and making her drink her medicine, those were my evidences.Yeah, I know. I’m great. But, who do I thank for these happenings? Who do we thank for THESE happenings? The one and only person who made this possible? Who? That’s right!

 

It’s the capital SANDARA PARK. Uh-huh. It is her. kkk

 

“Where’s Jiyong?” she asked me, her tone a bit disappointed. I smiled teasingly at her after hearing rather than seeing her reaction which made her blush.Ever since Jiyong-hyung started telling her her memories, they became closer. And she’s always looking for him every time I come here alone. And when Jiyong-hyung appears, she’s all smiles. I know! IF THIS ISN’T LOVE, THEN WHAT IT IS?

 

“Don’t worry, your baby will be here in an hour.” I answered. Her cheeks burned redder (if that’s possible), after hearing me saying their endearment. Yes guys. Another thing that I find cute about this set up is the fact that I get to hear hyung saying the word “baby” oh-so-sweetly to his baby, Sandara Park. (*U*) <<< Can you see my eyes sparkling? You do? GOOD!

 

“Do you know where he went?” She asked. THIS.IS.LOVE.PEOPLE. I tell you.

 

“It is Thursday today, my dear. I’m sure he’ll come from their office.” This angel is in love with my not-so-angelic hyung. Kidding! Kkk Of course, my hyung is an angel inside. What I mean is that he doesn’t look like one since his aura immediately makes people scared of him but he is actually a good person. You get me?

 

Anyway, I can see that she badly wants to see him. THIS IS DEFINITELY LOVE. And I know that you agree with me. Aren’t you? Don’t answer. I know you do. She just nodded and went back to lying on her bed. She was quiet for some time, but after a few minutes, she asked me something that made me smile from ear to ear.

 

“Can you tell me something about Jiyong?”

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, Madame Kwon is here to talk to you.” Minzy, Jiyong’s secretary called from the receiver on his table.Jiyong instructed her to let his mother in, and so, she did.

 

Jiyong heard the door open and the sound of the heels of his mother’s stilettos echoed inside the quiet room. He did not bother lifting his head since he know that Mrs. Kwon will still walk her way to him to kiss her son’s cheek, which she did.

 

“Your vacation is ready. The only thing needed is you, your friends, and, of course, your fiancée.” Mrs. Kwon informed her son while walking to the single couch which is facing Jiyong’s table. She made herself comfortable to the couch and watched her son do his work.

 

“Mom, I’ll inform you about that later. I still need to finish these things.” Jiyong answered, knowing that his mother is stubborn. She won’t stop bothering him about the vacation unless he agrees to it. He looked at her with pleading and tired eyes. He wanted to finish his work immediately so that he can go home afterwards. He was too busy the whole day that he badly wanted to lay on his bed and get some sleep.

 

“You’ve been trying to finish your work earlier these days. Is it because you were having dates after your work?” Mrs. Kwon asked teasingly.

 

Jiyong sighed and removed his eyeglasses. “Mom.” He said while massaging his temples. “I’m tired. I just want to finish this today so that I can go home already. I’ll talk to you later about that vacation you were insisting.” He answered.

 

Mrs. Kwon pouted. “Fine.” She answered and stood up. “Come visit us sometime. Your father wants to see you too.” She said and kissed her son’s cheek again. “Be sure to have a lot of rest, dear.” She said before getting out of the room.

 

After seeing the door close, Jiyong leaned his back on the backrest of his chair. It is already 07:48 in the evening, but still, he is not done yet. Remembering that he has someone to visit at the hospital as well, he fished out his phone and dialled a number he was so familiar with.

 

After a few rings from the other line, the person finally picks it up.

 

“Hyung.”

 

“I can’t make it today.” He simply said.

 

“Oh. Why?” Seungri asked on the other line. Jiyong can hear from the background that Seungri is not inside Sandara’s room. He may have stepped out after seeing that he was calling him. He can also hear some voices coming and fading on the other line.

 

“I’m just tired. I want to rest. Can you look after her tonight?” Jiyong asked, knowing that Seungri won’t be able to say no.

 

“Sure, no problem with that.” He answered and with a small thanks, he ended the call. He sighed heavily before continuing his work.

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

“What do you mean you still can’t find her?!”

 

A booming voice was heard inside the conference room where five people were currently talking about something important. An employee who happened to pass by the area came to a halt in front of the room’s door and she looked at it with her eyes a bit wide, but when a man wearing a black suit cleared his throat as if to warn her, she scampered away with her head bowed.

 

It was a cold Monday morning in Gwangju, and everyone inside the building was busy doing their works. Five people were called inside the conference room to talk about the most confidential subject that they think would save the company they established, or rather, stolen , from the current president’s brother. To the ordinaryemployees, it would seem like the bosses were only having their regular meeting about the stocks and sales, but little did they know that what they were talking about was something that involves the daughter of their former boss.

 

Mrs. Gu walked towards her hired man and slapped him on his left cheek.  The hired man, whose name was Wooyoung, clenched his jaw and his fists balled, but he did not say a word to his boss. He only stared at the floor while his boss was fuming in anger.

 

“WHERE.IS.SHE?!” the woman asked, her voice threatening.

 

“We’re doing everything we can to find her Ma'am.” Wooyoung said. “Please be more patient.”

 

Mrs. Gu, Dara’s aunt, scoffed. “You’re telling me to be patient? It’s already three weeks since she disappeared!” she shouted. “Unless we find her dead body, I won’t be able to get hold of that damn inheritance.”

 

“Ma'am, please lower your voice. We might be heard outside by other employees.” A man in his late thirties said.

 

Mrs. Gu looked at the man but didn’t say anything. She looked back to Wooyoung. “What about Chaerin?” she asked.

 

“For the past weeks, she’s been going back and forth to her shop though most of the time she’s roaming around the streets of Seoul. Sometimes, she’s going out with some of her friends, but none of them included Ms. Park.” Wooyoung informed his boss. “Ms. Lee also put up some flyers with Ms. Park’s photo on it. Here’s her photos and one of the flyers she put up on the streets.” He said as he handed Mrs. Gu  an envelope and one of the flyers that said:

 

MISSING:

Park Sandara

22 years old

If you’ve seen her, please contact:

+82xxxxxxxxxx

 

 

“Ms. Lee is also looking for Ms. Park, so we assume that she doesn’t know where Ms. Park is.” Wooyoung said. He watched as Mrs.Gu looked at Chaerin’s stolen photos when she was working on her shop, when she was with her friends, and when she was putting up a flyer on a wall.

 

Mrs.Gu looked at the photo.  “Since when did she start looking for her?” she asked, not looking at Wooyoung. She doesn’t know if she should believe Chaerin’s actions, but she doesn’t have any proof that Sandara’sbestfriend was lying.

 

“Since the day we asked her if Ms. Park was with her.”

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

It was already eleven in the evening when Jiyong arrived at the hospital to visit Sandara. He knows everything that happened for the past three days that he wasn’t able to visit her because of the tons of work he had to finish for their company. Seungri told him that Sandara is angry at him for not even calling her and that she won’t be too happy to see him in case he gets time to visit her.

 

The room was dark when he stepped inside the room. Quietly, he walked to the bed and saw the most beautiful woman he had seen sleeping peacefully with slightly ajar. Though it was a bit hard to see her whole figure, he can still see the small frown on her face. Some of her hair was covering a part of her face but it only made her more beautiful. Her even breathing was the only sound that can be heard inside the room.

 

 For a few seconds, Jiyong did not move and just watched her sleep. Thousands of thoughts run into his head about what would happen to her, to them, in the future. He doesn’t know if he should be scared or not once Sandara finds out everything.

 

Jiyong sat down on the side of Sandara’s hospital bed and tucked her hair behind her ear. The action made Sandara shift from her position. He watched as her eyes opened slowly. She blinked a few times before her eyes focused on him.

 

“Jiyong.” Sandara muttered sleepily and pulled herself up into a sitting position. She rubbed her eyes before looking at him.

 

Jiyong caressed her cheek. “Go back to sleep.” He said while leaning forward to push her to lie on the bed but Sandara encircled her arms around his neck and hugged him. Jiyong froze for a few seconds but when he felt her breath on his collar bone, he came back to his senses. “What’s wrong?” he asked while encircling one of his arms around her waist while the other caressed her hair. Sandara did not answer and just shook her head lightly. “Did something happen?” He asked and tried to pull himself away but Sandara tightened her hold on him. “Baby.” He called.

 

After a few seconds, Sandara finally pulled herself away from the hug with her head bowed.Jiyong just looked at her and waited for her to tell him what was wrong, but she did not say anything. She continued bowing her head while fidgeting her fingers.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked again and placed his fingers on her chin to motion her to look at him. When their gazes met, it is like nothing in the world matter. “Tell me.” He said while caressing her cheek.

 

“Nothing.”Sandara answered. Jiyong was about to drop his hand when she added, “I just missed you, I guess.”

 

This made Jiyong’s fingers stop from caressing her cheek and just look at her. When she looked at him, he looked away, not being able to contain the look she was giving her.

 

Seeing his reaction, Sandara heaved a sigh and bowed her head. Sometimes, she can’t help but doubt if Jiyong really loves her. The way he acts to her isn’t really something that a fiancé would usually do to his fiancée who met an accident. But even though she wanted to doubt him, she can’t find the will to do it. Even though he was cold, he still takes care of her. And Seungri told her that even if he might not show it, Jiyong is actually worried about her. She took a peak to see his reaction again, but she saw him looking at her.

 

“Come here.” Jiyongsaid, which Sandara willingly did. He hugged her and kissed her hair.

 

“Why didn’t you at least called me?” Sandara asked while resting her chin on Jiyong’s shoulder.

 

“I was busy.”

 

“But you were calling Seungri.” She said and pouted.

 

“He was the one calling me.” Jiyong reasoned. “I only listened to what he was saying.” He added.

 

 

 

---oOo----

 

 

 

[CHAERIN]

 

“Ms. Lee, Mr. Kim is on the other line.” My secretary,Taeyeon, informed me on the receiver while I was checking the fabric for the new clothes. I looked at the clock and it read three in the afternoon. I extended my hand and instructed her to connect it to me.

 

“Kim.” I said while still examining the fabric in front of me.

 

“Is it true that Sandara is missing?” Jaejoong asked me on the other line. I rolled my eyes annoyingly even if he can’t see it. Now he has the guts to ask me about my best friend after what he did to her? What a bastard. I feel like strangling him to death.

 

“Why do you care?” I asked.

 

“She’s still my childhood friend. Of course, I care for her.” He answered and it made me want to slit his throat. If not for him, Dara won’t have to suffer from amnesia and won’t be inside that damn hospital right now.

 

“Really? I didn’t know that you have that fibre in you.” I said. What a liar. He should be awarded the Oscars for being the Best Actor.

 

“Stop being a Lee. Just answer my question.” He said. See? He just proved me again. What a son of a . Can someone help me salvage this thing? I really want to kill him. NOW.

 

“I’m not obliged to answer you.” I answered and then ended the call. I pressed the receiver.

 

“Yes ma’am?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“If that Kim Jaejoong calls again, tell him to rot in hell.” I said and did not wait for Taeyeon to answer.

 

 

 

[JIYONG]

 

 

“Jiyong.” I heard her call my name. I lifted my gaze from the book I was reading and saw her expectant face. It became her hobby that whenever I am here sitting on the chair beside her bed, she would move and sit on the edge of the bed, facing me. I don’t even know why she trusts me so much, when in reality, she doesn’t know anything about me, even before she met an accident.

 

“What?” I asked. She frowned and fidgeted her fingers. I know what she wanted, but I don’t have any lies for her anymore. I’ve told her only the things that her best friend told me. As much as possible, I was careful not to include myself on her memories because they were her real ones, and I being there would surely complicate things in the future. She would eventually remember everything I’ve said, except for the things that included me and my lies.

 

“You’ve been reading that book since you came here.” She pouted. I didn’t answer her.

 

I knew it. Ever since I got here, she’s been trying to get my attention. She called my name a few times, but every time I’ll look up to her, she would just pout and bow her head. I know. I know she wants me to tell her stories, but I’m tired. I just wanted a day without telling her any of those . That’s what I’ve been doing ever since they told her that I’m her fiancé, and I’m tired of it. And now, the way she’s acting, it’s like she we were really together. She didn’t even doubt everything I said.

 

“It is because I don’t have anything to say. And I’m tired.” I answered. It is the truth anyway. I’ve been working all day, and telling her some ty lies isn’t on the top of my to-do list after getting inside her room.

 

“You can tell me about your day.” She tried.

 

“There was nothing relevant about my day. I just went to work. That’s all.” I answered and went back to reading the book I was holding.

 

“How about yesterday?” she asked, but I did not answer. After a few minutes, I heard her sigh. “Tell me something I can’t remember.” She mumbled, but I was able to get it. I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost time for her to sleep.

 

I stood up and placed the book on the table. I went in front of her and looked down on her. Her bed was a bit high, so it’s not a problem for her to look up at me. I was about to tell her to sleep when I felt her arms encircled around my waist and clasped my shirt and she leaned her chin on my chest. I wasn’t able to move for a few seconds. My gaze was fixed on her beautiful face. She looks like an angel.

 

An angel who doesn’t deserve all the lies I’m telling her.

 

“Jiyong, tell me about my parents.” She said, her eyes pleading. I looked away from her brown orbs. I can’t take it. Her eyes were so honest and sincere. “Tell me about them. Please?”

 

I know that I shouldn’t be the one to tell her this. It was her best friend’s responsibility. It doesn’t even concern me, but why does she have to ask it now when her best friend won’t be here to answer her? Why didn’t she asked her this when Chaerin was here all day, taking care of her.

 

“Please?”

 

“Are you sure?” I asked and I felt her nodded.  She hugged me tighter, readying herself for the blow. I sighed and circled my arms around her as well. I looked down on her while she rested her cheek on my chest. I know she can hear my heartbeat, but really, I don’t care. I rested my chin on the top of her head, before inhaling deeply.

 

“Tell me.” I hear her muffled voice on my chest.  I inhaled again, and then I started telling her.

 

“They died on the day of your graduation” Her hand clasped my shirt tighter. I continued to tell her everything that I know about her parents. She just listened, though sometimes, I can hear her loud intake of breaths. I know already had a clue about what happened since her parents never visited her, but this was the only time she asked me about it.

 

“Don’t I have any relatives?” she asked and looked up to me. I stared at her brown orbs, contemplating if I should tell her or not about her aunt. Thinking about it, if I say no, that would be entirely impossible, so I decided for the former.

 

“You do. But this is not the right time to meet them. You have to get better first before I tell you everything.” I said. She was about to ask me again but I gave her a pointed look. She nodded.

 

 

 

Jiyong and Sandara stared at each other’s eyes, not saying anything, for almost a minute. The world outside suddenly did not exist for they are inside their own bubble. But it did not last long, for they heard something shuffle outside the room. This made them come back to their senses.

 

“Sleep now. You need to rest” Jiyong said and kissed Sandara’s cheek. Sandara hummed an answer and settled on her bed with Jiyong arranging the blanket. He then sat down and made himself comfortable beside her.

 

"Aren't you going?" she asked.

 

"Not until you fall asleep." he answered with a small smile.

 

Sandara smiled in return and closed her eyes. "Goodnight Jiyong." she said and started to drift to the dreamland. She heard Jiyong wishing her goodnight as well before she fully succumb to sleep.
 

 

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

 

A/N:

 

I KNOW. Sorry for updating this fic way toooooloooonng. I was busy and don’t have a laptop to use in writing my story, so yeah. -_-“ anyway, I  hope you’re still subscribing with this story. XD THANK YOU FOR READING, SUBSCRIBING, COMMENTING AND UPVOTING MY STORY! :D I love you all..

 

-MsGeeDee

4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif