X: The Bond and the Haven

Accidentally In Love

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

 

Her soft lips touched his, and it was like time stopped. Jiyong didn’t know why, but for some reason, the feeling of her lips on his felt so right. Like it was what he has been waiting for and that it was the only thing he needed. She kissed him for a good five seconds, then leaned away. He just stared at her like it was his first time seeing her. He watched as her eyes grew wide after realizing what she did. Both her hands went to cover her lips as her cheeks turned pink. Not long after that, she dashed past Jiyong towards the stairs.

 

 

Jiyong just stood there as he heard a door upstairs open and closed. He looked down to his chest, and frowned after finally noticing that his heart was beating so fast. Closing his eyes, he massaged his temple and his jaw clenched. The silence made him comfortable  even just a bit as he went to the kitchen. He grabbed a glass and a bottle of wine and started drinking the contents of the bottle.

 

 

To Jiyong, what Sandara did a few minutes ago only made the situation worse, and her constant demand for his attention isn’t helping him at all. He sighed heavily as he filled his glass again as he remembered his conversation with his mom earlier.

 

 

“And you think we don’t know?” his mother asked after he mentioned that Dara is now suffering amnesia because of the accident. Jiyong just stared at her. Mrs. Kwon sighed. “We know, son. We know about her condition. We were waiting for you to tell us the day we came back, but you didn’t." Mrs. Kwon paused for a few seconds before continuing. "She needs to see something to distract her, that is why I’m telling you to take her and have a vacation.”

 

 

Jiyong shook his head after realizing that his parents still stick their nose on his personal businesses like before. Then it hit him. He remembered that the hospital where he took Sandara was actually owned by one of his parents’ close friends. The fact made him groan internally. How could he forget something important like that?

 

 

“I can’t. Her aunt is… looking for her.” He said instead.

 

 

“Hye Sun?” Mrs. Kwon asked. Her forehead creased and her facial expression immediately turned serious. She shook her head, like she just remembered something.

 

 

“How did you know her aunt mom?” Jiyong asked, remembering Sandara's aunt's name on the file he got from Seungri.

 

 

Mrs. Kwon sighed. “How’d you think? Of course, because of Hyun Sung and Min Young.” She answered.

 

 

“Who----“

 

 

“Your fiancée’s parents. We were close even before. Hyun Sung was Hye Sun’s older brother. During college, Hyun introduced his sister, Hye Sun, and his girlfriend, Min Young, to us. Your father and I got along well with Hyun Sung and Min Young, but I always knew that Hye Sun has always been jealous of his brother. Their parents love Hyun Sung more than her, and that made Hye Sun distant to him. Still, Hyun loved his sister so much like a loving brother would do. After college, we parted ways. We keep in touch with your Hyun and Min, but not anymore to Hye. When we found out that they died in a car accident, we were so sad and wanted so much to attend the funeral, but we were away.”

 

 

“How come I never knew them?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Because we did our best not to. I know it sounds ridiculous, but Min Young and I wanted your meeting with Sandara a memorable one.” She answered, a small smile starting to appear on her lips, but her eyes were sad. “She always tells me how beautiful and nice her daughter was, and I always tell her that you, my son, has been enjoying your life way too much and is definitely in need of someone who can tame you.” Mrs. Kwon frowned but smiled immediately after. “You were about to meet her on a dinner date, but you both ditched it.” (<< last sentence, refer to chap3)

 

 

“It was when her parents died.” Jiyong muttered.

 

 

“Yeah. So, what about Hye Sun?” his mother asked.

 

 

“I was only informed by Sandara's best friend, Lee Chaerin, that her aunt wants Sandara's inhertitance.”

 

 

“I’m not even surprised.” Mrs. Kwon said with a shake of her head.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

Sandara turned around to face the other side of the bed. She’s been like that for three hours as she tried to get some sleep, but it was useless. Every time she close her eyes, her mind replays what happened earlier, what she did earlier, causing her to open her eyes.

 

 

Peeking at the clock on the side table, it says 1:48 AM. Sandara stared at the glow in the dark butterfly hanging on the ceiling while trying to hear some noise downstairs, but only silence enveloped her. It was almost two in the morning, and still, Jiyong did not come to bed. Biting her lip to stop the worry growing inside her, her mind started to think that maybe what she did shocked him and that he hated her for doing it.

 

 

“Ottokae?” she asked herself, almost in a whisper. She was about to get off the bed when she heard footsteps outside slowly closing in. Sandara’s heart started to beat faster as she closed her eyes and pretended to sleep while waiting for Jiyong to come inside. She heard a door open and closed, and her grip on the bed sheet tightened. As she tried to get her breathing even, silence enveloped the whole room again.

 

 

When she opened her eyes to peek inside the room, her heart sank after seeing no one inside. It was only then that she realized that Jiyong decided to stay inside his office and not in his room where she was currently laying. Her mind drifted a few hours earlier when Seungri was telling her on how to make Jiyong smile.

 

 

 

“Noona, what you did was good, but I know a better option.” Seungri said while wiggling his eyebrows at her. They just finished eating some snacks and was watching some chick flick in the living room when Seungri started to ask her about things between her and Jiyong. Sandara ended up telling him that she was able to make Jiyong smile earlier by dancing the Three Bears song she watched on the television.

 

 

“What is it then?” Sandara asked, picking up a slice of fruit and biting it while waiting for Seungri to reveal what was on his mind.

 

 

“A kiss.” He simply answered, enough to make Sandara choke on what she was eating. “Here, here, Noona, don’t be too surprised.” Seungri said and handed Sandara a glass of water which she gladly accepted.

 

 

“I think I misheard what you said?” Sandara said when she recovered.

 

 

Seungri rolled his eyes at her innocence. “Give him a kiss.” He said. “That will surely make him smile.” He finished and nodded his head towards the television where the main actors were having a kissing scene.

 

 

 

Sandara grabbed the phone from the side table and started dialing Seungri’s number, but stopped mid-way. ‘I can’t tell him what I did.’ She thought to herself, her cheeks started to turn pink again, and dropped the phone back on the table. She lay down on the bed again and waited for Jiyong for another hour, but still, he stayed in his office. Not being able to take it anymore, Sandara decided to get up and check up on him.

 

 

Knocking softly on the door, Sandara waited for Jiyong to instruct her to come inside, but nothing came, so she tried to turn to knob and luckily, it wasn’t locked. As slowly and quietly as she could, Sandara pushed the door and peered inside to see what Jiyong was doing.

 

 

He was leaning on his table, eyes closed, and his breathing was even. Sandara straightened her body after seeing that Jiyong was sleeping. After staring at her for a few minutes, she felt that his office was a bit chilly, and so, she went back to Jiyong’s room to grab an extra blanket. Not really wanting to wake him up, Sandara draped the blanket around him as carefully as she can. She held her breath when Jiyong shifted and waited for him to open his eyes, but he didn’t. She let out a sigh of relief that he didn’t wake up, but took note that he smelled of alcohol.

 

 

With one last look at him, Sandara went out of the office and went back to Jiyong’s room to rest.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“Mr. Lee went to Mr. Kwon’s house, but left immediately after with his friend. They went to the Kwon Mansion and stayed there for a few hours. Then they went back to Mr. Kwon’s house. He went home after an hour.” Wooyoung narrated as Mrs. Gu just listened. “Mr. Lee and Mr. Kwon had been friends since middle school.”

 

 

Unknown to them, Seungri actually asked one his guards to come with him to Jiyong’s house, but had him hiding in the back seat, crouching down so that people from the outside would actually think that he was alone in his car. When Jiyong went out, the guard sat in the passenger seat. Since Seungri’s car was heavily tinted, Wooyoung’s men didn’t recognized that the other man was not Seungri but someone else.

 

 

“Look into Kwon Jiyong’s background.” Mrs. Gu ordered, and Wooyoung answered a ‘Yes ma’am’. “How about Lee Chaerin?” Mrs. Gu asked.

 

 

“Her daily activities were the same.” Wooyoung answered.

 

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“Now what?” Chaerin asked the person beside her without looking at him as she stood in front of an orphanage near Dongdaemun.

 

 

“We need to get inside.” Seungri said and pulled her inside.

 

 

Chaerin was surprised when she came face to face with Seungri that morning when she went out of her door. She was supposed to go to her boutique to work, but the good Seungri dragged her rather forcefully out towards his car and drove to a place where only he knows. For several times, she asked him where they were going, but he would only give her one answer: 'To a place full of angels.'

 

 

Now, Chaerin finally understood what Seungri meant by his answer. She doesn’t know, but the fact that he calls the children in the orphanage ‘angels’ made her feel warm inside.

 

 

The loud voices of the children calling Seungri ‘oppa’ and ‘hyung’ made Chaerin look towards Seungri’s direction. They all run towards him. Some of them hugged him on his legs, while others tried to reach up for him to carry. Seungri was smiling from ear to ear as he tried to calm the kids down and stop them from pushing each other.

 

 

“Arasso, arasso. Don’t push each other.” She heard Seungri say to the children.

 

 

Chaerin was so busy watching Seungri that she failed to notice the little boy who came to her the moment he saw her with Seungri. His round eyes where eyeing her curiously, but his lips were curved into a smile.

 

 

“Noona.” The little boy called, and Chaerin looked down on her.

 

 

“Yes?” she asked, her lips twitching into a small smile from the boy’s cuteness. She crouched down to match the boy’s eye level and so that he won’t be having a hard time looking at her.

 

 

“You’re hyung’s wife, aren’t you?” he asked, a bit too loud, making the others look at them. Chaerin wasn’t able to answer immediately, but after a few seconds, she laughed forcefully. The other children left Seungri’s side and ran to Chaerin, making her eyes grow wide.

 

 

“Ya, you’re scaring her.” Seungri said after reaching where Chaerin was currently standing, with the children looking at her like she’s a doll. He circled his arm around Chaerin’s shoulder and pulled her to him. “My wife is so pretty, isn’t she?” he asked the children, and they all answered a ‘yes’. Chaerin elbowed Seungri, making him yelp a little, but smiled immediately towards the children who was watching them.

 

 

“Mr. Lee.” a voice said in front of them, and all of them looked at a woman her early 50s. She approached them and Seungri released Chaerin to give the woman a hug.

 

 

“Mrs. Yang. It’s been a long time.” Seungri greeted and leaned away after. The woman smiled at him before her eyes went to look at Chaerin. She gave her a gentle smile to which Chaerin returned. “How are things here?” Seungri asked.

 

 

Mrs. Yang frowned at Seungri. “Aigoo, where’s your manners, young lad? Forgetting to introduce this beautiful lady you’re with?” she told him shaking her head.

 

 

“Oh, yeah.” Seungri mumbled and scratch the back of his head after.

 

 

“My name is Lee Chaerin. I’m sorry for coming here without notice.” Chaerin said very politely and bowing to the woman to show some respect.

 

 

“No problem, dear. I’m Yang Eun Ju, the head of this haven.” Mrs. Yang said with a smile on her lips. To Seungri, she said, “You didn’t even tell me you’ve already settled down. This boy, really.” She said while shaking her head. Chaerin and Seungri laughed awkwardly at what the woman said of them being husband and wife.

 

 

“Mrs. Yang, I think you get it wrong. We’re not married.” Chaerin corrected while waving both her hands in front of her.

 

 

“Yet.” Seungri said, making Chaerin glare at him.

 

 

“Oh. I thought… since your surname is Lee…” Mrs. Yang said, and Chaerin shook her head.

 

 

“Don’t worry Mrs. Yang, I’m doing my best to reach that stage.” Seungri said with determination with his hand fisted in front of him. Chaerin gave him a good smack on the back of his head before looking at Mrs. Yang apologetically.

 

 

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Yang. He is talking nonsense.” She said.

 

 

Mrs. Yang chuckled, knowing that they compliment each other. She then guided them to her office to talk about how the orphanage  was going, and they stayed there for an hour or so. When they went out to watch the children play outside, Mrs. Yang took the liberty to tell Chaerin why Seungri takes time in visiting the orphanage since Seungri was busy playing with the kids on the playground.

 

 

Chaerin learned that the place is a benefactor of the company owned by Seungri’s family, one of the three orphanages they support, and that once or twice a month, he would visit them with gifts.

 

 

Mrs. Yang said that the orphanage was Seungri’s favorite because it was the place where Seungri found comfort when he was in his rebellious state during his teenage days. Every time he fights with his father, he would always end up going there and spend a day or two, forgetting his problems by directing his attention to the kids who treat him like a big brother. Mrs. Yang would then give him advices about his problems and let him settle them when he is ready.

 

 

---

 

 

After spending the whole day at the orphanage, Chaerin and Seungri decided to go home. On their way, Chaerin can’t help but think that the reason why Seungri dragged her to the orphanage was because he had a fight with his father. Though she felt that it was none of her business, she mustered all the courage to ask him.

 

 

“So, I’m guessing you had a fight with your father?” She asked without looking at him. Not a few seconds after, she heard him chuckle, making her look at him with a raised brow, surprised that he didn’t look sad or anything.

 

 

“So, Mrs. Yang told you that, huh?” he asked with a smile on his face. “Ah, my history has been revealed.” Chaerin did not say anything and just waited for him to continue. “The answer is no.”

 

 

“Then why?” she asked.

 

 

Seungri glanced at her for a second before staring at the road again. A smile became visible on his lips. “I just want to show you that lovely place and get to know those angels, thinking you might like them.” He said.

 

 

Chaerin wasn’t able to answer, she just stared at him. She doesn’t know why, but for the first time, she found something likeable about him. If he only isn’t a erted jerk, then maybe, just maybe, there’s a chance that she would like him as a man.

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

A/N:

Figured I'd write some RiRin moments.. :) Hope this chapter clears some things about the story.. :) Thank you so much for reading/commenting/upvoting/subscribing to my story.. ^__^

// I started to write a story in wattpad, but it is not a DG story. Just want to try something new. :) If you're interested to read it, here's the link >>> http://www.wattpad.com/story/17056543-dear-heart-why-him I just started it a few days ago, and I hope I can make it a good story. haha :P You can check the trailer below.. //

 

That's all. Talk to you on the next chapter.. ^_^v Hengsho!

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif