III: The ert and the Victim

Accidentally In Love

 

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

 

“Who……….are you?”

 

 

 

The room fell silent as those words came out of Sandara’s mouth. All of them stood on their spots, frozen with what they just heard. Chaerin’s mouth slowly hanged open as she gaped at her best friend. Jiyong and Seungri had the same reaction and just couldn’t utter a single word. Even though they don’t personally know the girl, it still is a shock for them to know that she lost her precious memories because she happened to cross the street at the wrong time.

 

 

“D-Dara, d-don’t you remember me?” Chaerin stuttered as she looked at her best friend then to Jiyong and Seungri.

 

 

Dara bowed her head, seemingly confused all of a sudden. She looked at her hands and spread her palms. “Where…..where am I? Who…… are you?” she asked and looked at each of the person’s faces inside the room with her. “I---I don’t……. what…….I don’t remember…. Anything….. why?...... who----” Sandara started to panic, good thing the doctors and nurses came in and they held her.

 

 

 

 

[SEUNGRI]

 

 

 

I watched as she tried to free herself from the doctors and nurses who tried to calm her down. I can’t believe it. I didn’t expect things to turn out like this. I thought it would just as simple as her waking up then she’ll recover after the incident. The end. But this? Holy mother of God. Jiyong-hyung is in deep . We are in deep . Okay, I know it’s not entirely our fault since the girl just appeared out of nowhere in the middle of the street on green light, but still, I feel guilty. Memories are very precious, you know. I may be a ‘Self-conceited arrogant erted jerk’ <--- term according to my dear Chaerin, but hey, I value every moment of my life. Just thinking that one day, I’ll wake up not remembering anything, not remembering those life- moments, those creamy legs and healthy melons, it would surely make me go insane.

 

 

We were told to wait outside the room, and so, we did. I saw Chaerin sat down on one of the chairs on the hallway, her strength visibly fading away. I know she’s fierce and strong, but seeing her like that somewhat made me realize that she really really really cares for her best friend. She covered her face with both her palms and sigh heavily.

 

 

My eyes roamed around and it landed on Jiyong-hyung. He is massaging his temple. I’m guessing that he’s also troubled by this unexpected turn of events. He may be an ‘Irresponsible bastard’ <--- term according to my dear Chaerin, again, I know that somehow, he feels guilty for the poor girl’s situation. Hel-lo? She just lost her parents a few weeks ago, and then after she moved here, she learned that her boyfriend has been cheating on her. And now this? What an unfortunate soul.

 

 

I was about to talk to Chaerin when the door of Sandara’s room slid open and the doctors and nurses came out. Chaerin came to my side immediately, since I was the one nearest to the door, and asked the doctor about Sandara’s condition.

 

 

“Doc, why won’t she recognize me?” Chaerin asked the doctor. She clasped her hands and waited for the doctor to answer her question. “How could that happen?” she added.

 

 

“What was the first thing she said when she woke up?” the doctor asked back instead.

 

 

“She…She asked me who am I.” Chaerin answered, and I can see that she was hurt by it.

 

 

“I see. Then I’m afraid she has an amnesia.” The doctor answered and Chaerin almost collapsed to the floor, if not for me who caught her. The doctor explained that the amnesia was because of the damage of the impact on her head when she was hit by the car. “Let’s wait for her to wake up. We put her to sleep to calm her down. She was shocked to not remember anything.”

 

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

 

Jiyong dropped his brief case on the couch after arriving inside his office. He still has a lot of things to worry about in their company and Sandara’s situation is not helping at all. Who would have thought that the poor girl would lose her memories because of the incident which, unfortunately, involved him? He heaved a deep sigh and stood up. He walked to his table and started his work thinking that if he keep on thinking about Sandara’s situation, he won’t be able to finish his work for the day.

 

 

 

*knock knock*

 

 

 

“Come in.” Jiyong answered without looking at the door. He continued to work even though he heard the door opened and closed.

 

 

“Jiyong dear.” A woman’s voice called.

 

 

Jiyong lifted his head and saw his mother standing in front of the door. She’s wearing a black coat that runs down her just above her knees and she’s holding her gloves on her hand. The soles of her winter boots are wet due to the snow outside, but other than that, she looks so much like the boss of the company. She had a serious expression on her face and is clearly not in a good mood. Jiyong went back to work after saying the word ‘mother’ to his mother.

 

 

“How could you ditch the dinner last week?” Mrs. Kwon asked and started walking towards his son. She just came back from France and so, it was the only time she was able o confront her son about it.

 

 

“Mom, she didn’t come either.” Jiyong simply answered.

 

 

It  was a almost a month ago when his mother told him that they arranged him on a dinner date with his father’s friend’s daughter. Apparently, their parents decided to arrange their marriage as well and they wanted the two to get to know each other. Jiyong did not protest about the arrange marriage, but he heard that the girl had a fight with her parents for some unknown reason. Jiyong was informed the day after their supposedly meeting that his fiancée also ditched the dinner date . He didn’t even know the name and the face of his fiancée. He just agreed to the arrangement when his parents informed him about it since he knows that he can’t really do anything about it even if he wanted to. And besides, he doesn’t have any girlfriend to fight for, so why rebel on something when you won’t have the reason to do so.

 

 

“How’s Paris?” he asked, trying to change the subject, and he was glad when he saw his mother’s eyes lighted up with excitement, totally forgetting about the dinner date.

 

 

“Oh dear, it was fantastic. You should come with us sometime.” She said and clasped her hands dreamily.

 

 

Jiyong smiled a little and shook his head. “I’ll pass, mom. I don’t want to ruin your moment with father.” He declined and continued on what he was doing.

 

 

His mother frowned. “You should take a break, son. Ever since you took over your father’s company, I’ve never seen you had any.” She said to his son who refused to look at her. “You should take your friends with you at the beach house. I’ll ask your father to take over even just for a day.” She finished. His mother standing up, planning to leave.

 

 

“Mom, there’s no need for that.” He dismissively said.

 

 

“Yes there is. And you’ll take your fiancee with you.” She said with finality, and went around Jiyong’s desk to kiss him goodbye. “I’ll see you soon.” She said, and with that, she went off.

 

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

 

[ JIYONG]

 

 

 

I came back to the hospital to visit the girl. It’s been two days but she still freaks out sometimes every time she wakes up and sees a new face in the room. I hope she’ll just get used to it soon. Not that I care. I don’t even feel sorry since I know it was her fault. It’s just that it’s really tiring calming her down every time she gets scared over something that is not even the least bit scary. She’s always asking things that even her best friend is having a hard time, that’s why I’m trying to help in calming her down even if I don’t ing want to.

 

 

I stop in front of her room and sighed annoyingly. I can already hear her scared voice behind the door. Can’t she just stop? Other patients who suffered amnesia are usually quiet and lost after they wake up, but why is it that she’s not like that? She’s so noisy and it is getting on my nerves already. I feel like strangling her.

 

 

Slowly, I slid the door open and went in. When I lifted my gaze, all eyes were on me: hers,her best friend, Seungri, the doctor and the nurse. I roamed my eyes around as I stared at them one by one, raising my brow, silently telling them to stop staring.

 

 

The girl I ran over looked at me then to her friend. “How about him? Who is he?” she asked, her voice shaking. All heads turned to her. Her friend looked at me and then back to her friend. I can see that she’s having a hard time telling her the truth. Since I don’t have a choice, I have to tell her the truth.

 

 

“I’m---------“

 

 

“He’s your fiancé.”

 

 

 

 

SILENCE…

 

 

 

 

“What?” I asked, looking at the girl’s friend. I think I heard something that is definitely not pleasing to my ears. The girl’s friend, Chaerin, if I remember correctly, looked at the girl.

 

 

“Dara, that’s Kwon Jiyong. He’s your fiancé.”

 

 

“What the------“ I wasn’t able to finish what I’m about to say because Seungri clamped my mouth with his hand. I removed his hand forcefully and glared at him but he just gave me a pointed look. ! What the ing hell was that saying all of a sudden?

 

 

“Ji….yong?” I heard someone asked, making me stop glaring at the bastard beside me. I turned my head to the girl who called my name hesitantly.

 

 

“You were on your way to meet him when, Seungri here…” Chaerin pulled Seungri to her side. “…accidentally ran over you, causing you to lose your memory.” She finished. “You crossed the street on green light.” She added.

 

 

“I’m really sorry. It wasn’t my intention to do it.” Seungri lied. Oh hell no!

 

 

I stared to the girl’s friend, hard. She returned my glare and I can read what she’s trying to say. She wants me to agree to what she said. I felt my blood boil. Who the hell is she to order me and make me agree to what she wants to happen? . I want to strangle her until she lay lifeless on the floor. She thinks she can make me agree to that ing setup just because I was the one who ran over her friend? Well, her. I will never agree to what she said. I am not going to agree with what you’re trying to do. I clenched my jaw and shifted my gaze to her friend. I decided to tell the girl the truth.

 

 

“I’m afraid----------“

 

 

“Yeah, he was so scared when I called him telling him that you got hit by a car.” Seungri butted in. I tried to stop him but Chaerin clumped my mouth and the doctor started pulling me out of the room. Great, even the doctor is on their side. “He’s so afraid and worried during your operation that he did not eat nor sleep. He waited in front of the Operating Room for 16 hours, praying that nothing bad would happen to you. He even punched me…….”

 

 

I did not hear the rest of his lies since the doctor closed the door behind him. “What the was that?” I asked after freeing myself from them. ! I am so pissed I feel like slitting their throats with the scalpel on the nurse’s cart.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon, please lower your voice. We have patients here.” The doctor said calmly.

 

 

I growled. “HOW WILL I CALM DOWN WHEN-----“

 

 

“Will you shut up for a moment and hear us out? My ghawd, you’re acting like a .” The girl’s friend cut me off while rolling her eyes. That’s it. That’s the last strand. My face darkened and I walked to her with my balled fists. I’m not someone who hurts girls but it, I really am pissed. I went to grab her coat but Seungri got on my way.

 

 

“Hyung.”Seungri stopped me by moving in between me and the . I glared at him.

 

 

“Get that away from me before I do something to her.” I dangerously told him.

 

 

 

-------------

 

 

 

Seungri gulped the lump in his throat and nodded after hearing the danger from his hyung’s voice. “Ya! Who were you calling a ?” Chaerin started to reach Jiyong but Seungri grabbed her hand and pulled her away from him before they kill each other. He bowed to every patient, doctors and nurses they come across since Chaerin was still venting her anger by cursing Jiyong while they were on their way out of the hospital. Luckily, Seungri successfully pulled Chaerin out and dragged her to the park where she could calm herself.

 

 

“Arggghhh!!”Chaerin shouted. “That son of a !” her breath creating a smoke since it is currently winter.

 

 

“Hey now. Calm down, will you?” Seungri said but Chaerin just glared at him. “Maybe he was just surprised. I think anyone with hyung’s attitude would have the same reaction if they hear what you just told your friend.” He added. Chaerin forcefully dropped herself on a bench and huffed angrily. Seungri took the liberty to sit down beside her. They let a few minutes pass before Seungri decided to break the silence and tell Chaerin about his hyung.

 

 

“You see, hyung may be like that but he’s actually a good person inside. He had his fair share of problems in life too.” Seungri started.“He wasn’t able to take up the course he always wanted to pursue in college because his parents forced him to take up business management for their company. His girlfriend cheated on him with hyung’s best friend. His brother and father don’t get along at all. He became the head of their company at such a young age right after graduation even if he doesn’t have any experiences. He is being engaged with someone he doesn’t even know, and now, this accident with your friend.” He paused, thinking of something. After a while, he continued. “But even after all that, I did not hear him say anything. I never heard him complain. I guess he just love his family that much.” Seungri finished.

 

 

Chaerin remained silent. She then sighed and stood up, walking back towards the hospital. She saw Jiyong sitting outside Dara’s room massaging the bridge of his nose. From the looks of it, he had calmed down. “Hey. We need to talk.” She said and sat down not minding Jiyong’s look on her.

 

 

“I need you to agree to my plan.” Chaerin started not looking at Jiyong.

 

 

“Oh so now, you’re begging me to agree with you.” Jiyong annoyingly retorted but Chaerin decided not mind it. She’s about to ask his a big favor anyway, so she just let it pass.

 

 

“I know you already know that her parents died, that Jae—her boyfriend cheated on her and that her aunt wants her inheritance.” Jiyong looked ahead and didn’t say anything. Chaerin took the opportunity to tell him why she lied to Sandara. “Her aunt is already looking for her after they found out that she left their house in Busan. As much as I wanted to, I can’t let her stay with me because I know that her aunt will look for her in my house. I can’t let that happen. If they find out that she lost her memories, they’ll feed her with lies and make her sign the will about her inheritance. That inheritance is all that’s left on Dara. That’s all there is.” She looked sideways and stared at Jiyong’s face. “I need you to look after her for the meantime since her aunt doesn’t know you. They won’t be able to find her if she’s with you. That’s the only way to protect her.” She finished.

 

 

Jiyong did not say anything. He clenched his jaw. “I’ve already got loads of problem on my shoulders and what you’re asking me to do is just ing ridiculous. Why don’t you just ask Seungri to do it instead? He’ll be more willing to agree to it.” he asked, massaging his temple. He is starting to have a headache. Everything about the situation is really giving him one. He ran his hand over his hair and ruffled it due to mixed emotions of irritation, confusion, guilt and more. It was his first time feeling like this.

 

 

“Because I know that he won’t be able to do his part pretty well. I need you to do it.” Chaerin said. “And besides, it was you who ran over to her, not him.” She finished.

 

 

Jiyong sighed and closed his eyes. After a few minutes of thinking, he sighed again. “Let’s say I agree to it. How about the evidences that we are in a relationship? How will you prove that we’re really together?” he asked. “It’s our first time seeing each other. I don’t even know anything about her except her name and her basic background.”

 

 

Chaerin felt her lips tugged a small smile. ‘He’s not really that bad, after all.’ She thought. “Leave it to me.” She said with confidence.

 

 

“This is .” He cursed.

 

 

“Trust me, it’s not.” She answered. “Besides, you can’t really do anything but agree to my plan.” Jiyong looked at her.

 

 

“And why is that?” he asked. Chaerin smirked at him, but decided to asnwer his question anyways.

 

 

 

----------

 

 

 

[JIYONG]

 

 

I slid the door open and stepped inside the girl’s room. She’s currently sleeping and her hand is holding a small rose which was made from tissue paper. I stared at her peaceful face as I reached her bed asking myself why I agreed to her best friend’s plan. What was I thinking? I know I’ll definitely regret it later, but I think I don’t have a choice now. I already agreed to it.

 

 

I tucked the strand of her hair, thinking of what will happen from now on that she’ll be with me for the meantime. I pulled my hand when she stirred awake. I don’t know why but I held my breath. Her eyes slowly fluttered open and they bore into me. She blinked a few times before focusing no me. I expected her to freak out but to my surprise, she didn’t. She smiled at me, her eyes so gentle.

 

 

“Jiyong.”

 

 

I let out the breath I’m holding. I don’t know why, but I like the way she said it. It feels so familiar yet foreign when her tongue rolled to say my name. People call me by my name every day, but when she called me, it was like it’s my first time hearing my name being called by another person.

 

 

I sat down on the side of her bed while staring at her. My agreement with her best friend came rushing back to my mind. I stared at her and she returned my gaze, her head tilting slightly to her side innocently.

 

 

“Jiyong?” she asked, her soft voice ringing on my ears.

 

 

Without realizing it, I caressed her hair gently while she looked back at me. I tucked her hair behind her ear. I dropped my hand to my lap.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey baby.”

 

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

 

A/N:

DOUBLE UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS! And there are THREE REASONS FOR THAT:

  1. It was my anniversary here in AFF last January 5! woohoo! *throws confetti*
  2. It was my birthday 3 days ago! *throws confetti again* (Yes people, I was born two days before Minzy. kekeke)
  3. and of course, #Happy2NE1stMinzy yesterday! *throws confetti again and again!*

​THANK YOU FOR READING/SUBSCRIBING/UPVOTING MY STORY! I LALALOVE YOU ALL!

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! TT^TT

Twitter and IG: @msjidee1812

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif