VII: The News and the Glimpse

Accidentally In Love

 

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

[JIYONG]

 

 

“Come on, we won’t finish this if you won’t come here.” I said to her while trying to grab her hand. She just violently shook her head at me and pulled her hand away from my grasp like I have some disease that could kill her if I make any physical contact with her. Taking a few steps back, she bumped into the counter and stumbled a little. She steadied herself and held it tightly like her life depended on it.

 

 

“It hurts.” She answered and pouted at me. If she thinks she can stop me with that cute pout of hers, she should start thinking again.

 

 

I turn around and looked at what we were doing. All of a sudden, she’s acting all cute on me ever since we got home, which was like, six hours ago. I didn’t expect her to be acting like this. I was expecting that she would be like what she was in the hospital, silent and obedient, but I was wrong. Once she set foot in my house, she started acting sweet and cute and rebellious like I was her boyfriend. I hate it. If only she knew.

 

 

“Of course it hurts. Don’t you think I didn’t know that?”  I asked her, rolling my eyes. I pulled my sleeve higher since it began falling again. “It won’t hurt again if you do it continuously.” I turn to face her and assured her that I was telling the truth. I took another step forward, but she whined and shook her head. I sighed and closed my eyes while massaging my temple. Why is she in my home again? Oh yeah, because of that damn favor her best friend asked me to do.

 

 

“Jiyong, I think it’s not necessary.” I heard her say. I looked at her.

 

 

“What is?” I asked and leaned onthe counter. I watched as she spread her arms wide on both her sides.

 

 

“This. Me. Cooking.” She answered. I rolled my eyes. Why is she so against the idea of learning how to cook? Just because she burnt a small part of her finger and some cooking oil made their way to her wrist doesn’t mean she have to be so against it. That’s only a small thing you need to get used to for you to be able to be good at it.

 

 

I didn’t say anything and just stared at her. For a few seconds, we just looked into each other’s eyes, until finally, she bowed her head, sighed heavily and pouted her lips. Again.“Fine.” She said and came closer to me while mumbling something to herself. My lips twitched, but I decided to stop myself from smiling. It’s justnot my thing.

 

 

“What should I do?” she asked me and went in front of the stove. I went behind her and reached for the handle and gave life to it, again. She took a step back and bumped into my chest after seeing the spark caused by the fire. I heard her mutter a ‘sorry’ but did not look at me. I held her hand and gave her the spatula so that she can flip the fillet on her own. She looked at me, her eyes filled with uncertainty.

 

 

“You can do this.” I said while tucking a lose hair on her ear, and that seemed to do the trick. She turned her gaze back on the frying pan that was already set long before she started whining about not being able to do it. I heard her take a deep breath.

 

 


“Okay.”

 

 

 

 

+++

 

 

 

 

For the next hour, Jiyong taught Sandara how to cook simple dishes that won’t cause her so much damage just in case her stupidity kicks in. She would flinch every time she hears the sound of a cooking oil and would continuously turn her head to pout at him, but Jiyong would just ignore her. Whenever she looks at him longer than the usual, Jiyong would look at her with dead pan eyes and she would tear her gaze away.For some reason, Sandara doesn’t want to disappoint Jiyong, that is why even though she’s afraid to continue learning, she still did.

 

 

Jiyong, on the other hand, is starting to wonder if pouting endlessly was really her habit before the accident.His mind drifted to a scene where Sandara would do those actions in front of her ex-boyfriend. For some odd reason, he started to feel uneasy. Suddenly, he found himself getting annoyed at the idea of Sandara acting all cute in front of another man. It’s like something inside him tugged and his chest tightened. Not liking the feeling and the things that were going on in his mind, he shook his head lightly. What am I thinking?He asked himself.

 

 

“Jiyong.”Jiyong drifted back to reality and blinked a couple of times. He shifted his gaze Sandara who was looking at her with worry.

 

 

“What?” he asked.

 

 

“Are you okay? I’ve been calling you three times” Sandara asked and studied his face. Jiyong ran his hand on his head and nodded. “Are you sure?” she asked again, her face getting worried.

 

 

“Yeah. What is it?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

“Uhm.”Sandara glanced at the frying pan behind her. “What’s next?” she asked him.

 

 

Jiyong looked at her and then to the frying pan where three pieces of golden fillet were set. Turning around to look at the plates on the counter, he saw that they already cooked all the foods. “We’re done.” He answered without looking at her and walked to get two plates in the cabinet. He continued by getting a pair of spoon and fork, then he proceeded to the fridge and took out a bottle of juice.

 

 

Sandara just sat on the high stool and watched him silently the whole time. The moment he did not answer her, she looked at him and found him lost in his own thoughts. His face was calm at first, but after a few seconds, she noticed his eyebrows meeting at the center and his jaw clenched. This action from him caused Sandara’s head tilt to the side.

 

 

When Jiyong settled in front of her, he did not meet her eyes.

 

 

“Jiyong.”Sandara called. That’s the only time Jiyong looked at her again. “What’s wrong?” she asked, her brows meeting at the center.

 

 

Jiyong looked down at his food. “Nothing.” He simply answered. He then focused his attention on eating.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“She’s been hanging out lately with the heir of Lee Industries, Ma’am.” Wooyoung reported to Mrs. Gu. Two other men were standing behind him and they were silently listening to the report even though they already know about it.

 

 

“Other than that, she’s doing her usual schedule. A spy from her boutique reported that she hired some men to look for Ms. Park.” Mrs. Gu continued to listen to her man’s report without looking at him. She took a sip from her wine and stared at the table in front of her. “We did some background check on Mr. Lee as well. He is always seen in different bars around Seoul, almost every night. We found out that the owners of Lee Industries and Lee Trades and Productions signed a partnership.” Wooyoung finished.

 

 

Mrs.Gu set down the glass, causing a faint ‘clink’ to be heard. “Hmmm… That’s why she’s hanging out with the other Lee.” She concluded. Tilting her head to the side, her lips twitched knowingly. “But Chaerin has been the rebel type. She hates the glitters that money brings.” She curiously said, more like talking to herself than to her hired men. “I wonder what the reason behind the action is.” She asked herself.

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, seriously?”Seungri exclaimed over the phone. Jiyong rolled his eyes from irritation. His dongsaeng is being a drama king again. When Jiyong called him that he won’t be going to work for two days to accompany Sandara, he immediately suggested that he should be invited and stay with them as well. His reason was the most popular quote in events: the more, the merrier. “Why not?”Seungri asked, almost shouting.

 

 

“Because I said so.”Jiyong simply answered. He heard Seungri huffed on the other line. He can already see him puffing his cheeks and stomping his foot on the tiled floor.

 

 

“Tch. Liar liar pants on fire.” Seungri chanted on the other line, making Jiyong roll his eyes again. “Admit it, you don’t want me there because you want her all to yourself. Jealous bastard.” He told him, with the last part almost a whisper.

 

 

Jiyong can only close his eyes from irritation. “I think you’re forgetting something very important here.” He finally said.

 

 

“What is?” Seungri immediately asked, totally clueless.

 

 

“That you are being followed, stupid.”Jiyong answered. He heard Seungri muttered an ‘Oh, right’ on the other line. His gaze landed on Sandara who is quietly looking on his childhood photos in the living room.

 

 

They were lounging in the living room, with him watching a basketball game and Sandara looking at his photo album when he heard his phone rang. When he saw Seungri’s name appear on the caller ID, he immediately shut off the television and stood up to proceed to the kitchen.

 

 

“But I wanna see noona.”

 

 

“You’ll see her, don’t worry.” Jiyong simply answered, and after a few more words, he hung up. He dialed another number on his phone and waited for the other person to answer.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon.” His secretary, Minzy, answered on the other line. “Do you need anything sir?” she asked.

 

 

“CallIn Na and tell her to come over at my house. She has some work to do.”Jiyong simply instructed.

 

 

“Right away sir.”Minzy answered and Jiyong hanged up. He pocketed his phone and walked back to the living room where Sandara was waiting.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

 

“I would do the same if I were him.” Chaerin irritably said and rolled her eyes. Her gaze landed on the couple looking around her boutique. She was being disturbed again by the 'self-conceited arrogant erted jerk' during her work.

 

 

“Nah, I don’t think so.  You’ll want me beside you.” Seungri proudly said on the other line. She can already see him pounding his chest proudly.

 

 

Chaerin scoff and shook her head. “I really think you need to go back.” She told him, making  the guy on the other line curious.

 

 

“Go back where?” he asked.

 

 

“To the mental hospital!” She answered and slammed the phone on the table, making the staff and customers look at her in surprise. She smiled apologetically and bowed her head to them.

 

 

 

 

---oOo---

 

 

 

 

The sound of a glass breaking echoed inside the whole house. Jiyong immediately rushed to the kitchen to see what happened, and there, he found Sandara standing still beside the fridge, and the pieces of the broken glass were on her feet. She’s not moving at all and this made Jiyong worried.

 

 

Slowly, he walked to her. “Dara.” He called when he reached her, and thankfully, she blinked and her gaze focused at him. “Are you okay? What happened?” he asked while looking down to their feet. He saw that a few pieces made their way to her flesh, and some blood started to become visible. He shifted his gaze back to her and saw her clutching her head. Sandara collapsed and Jiyong caught her just in time before she drops to the floor filled with broken pieces of the glass she dropped. “Dara, baby.”Jiyong called again and carried her to the living room. He placed her on the couch and he kneeled in front of her. Tapping her cheeks lightly, he called her again and again until he was sure that she was fine again.

 

 

Standing up from the floor, he reached for the phone and dialed the number of the hospital. He sat beside Sandara while waiting for someone to answer the phone. It took two rings before the call was answered. “ Sacred Heart Hospital, how may I help you?” the nurse asked him.

 

 

“This is Kwon Jiyong. I need to speak to Dr. Choi immediately.” He said in a rush. The nurse asked him to wait for a moment while she checks if the doctor is available. He looked at Sandara and saw her looking at him. He caressed her cheek and covered the mouthpiece of the phone. “Are you okay?” he asked in a worry and Sandara nodded lightly. He heard the nurse telling him that she’ll connect him to Dr. Choi.

 

 

“Dr. Choi.” Jiyong heard on the other line and he mouthed ‘wait’ to Sandara to speak to the doctor.

 

 

“Dr. Choi, Sandara fainted.” Jiyong immediately said.

 

 

“For how long?” Dr. Choi asked.

 

 

“A minute or two.”Jiyong answered and looked at the girl beside him. “What is it?” he asked, wanting to know what caused Sandara’s condition.

 

 

“Let me talk to her first.” Dr. Choi said.Jiyong opened his mouth to protest, but closed it immediately after realizing that Dr. Choi needs to ask Sandara first about it since he doesn’t know what really happened before she fainted. He handed the phone to her, mouthing ‘Dr. Choi’ to her. Sandara nodded and took the phone.

 

 

“Dr. Choi.” Sandara softly said to let Dr. Choi know that she’s already on the line.

 

 

Jiyong just watched her as the petite girl beside him answers some of Dr. Choi’s questions. Sandara would answer either a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’ every time the good doctor ask something. She would frown a little whenever she would think about something.

 

 

“I went to get some water, but then something happened.” Sandara said and her face was anxious. “I remember…I was…standing outside.” He heard her say, and his brows immediately furrowed. “It was…” she paused, and her eyes seemed to lose focus ahead of her as if she went back to the memory she remembered, “…cold.” She finished.  Dr. Choi asked her a question, but she answered a ‘no’. After a while, Sandara handed the phone back to Jiyong.

 

 

“Dr. Choi.” Jiyong said to tell him that he was already the one on the line.

 

 

“Jiyong, how did you find her?” Dr. Choi asked, and Jiyong answered that she was standing still in the middle of the kitchen where pieces of the glass she broke was scattered on the floor. He added that when she came back to reality, that’s when she fainted. Sandara just stared at her, looking tired all of a sudden. She rested her back on the backrest of the couch and waited for Jiyong to finish talking to the doctor.

 

 

“It seems like the cool temperature of the water triggered a part of her memory. Bring her here on Monday.” Dr. Choi finished.Jiyong’s jaw clenched. For some reason, he didn’t like the idea ofSandararemembering a part of her past. He heard some ruffles of paper on the other line, and he knows that Dr. Choi is writing something on Sandara’s record.

 

 

“I see.” Jiyonganswered, his voice void of any emotion. “Will this happen again?” he asked. His attention to Dr. Choi was interrupted when he felt a weight on his left shoulder. He turned his head and saw Sandara fast asleep beside him with her head resting on his shoulder. After seeing her peaceful face, his features soften.

 

 

“There’s a possibility. Since she remembered a part of her memory in such a short period of time, it means that her amnesia is just temporary. She’ll remember more as time passes.” Jiyong did not talk for a few seconds after hearing what Dr. Choi said. He just stared at Sandara who is peacefully sleeping beside him. When he called Dr. Choi calling his name, he blinked and sighed heavily.

 

 

“I see. Thank you Dr. Choi. I’ll call you again later.” Jiyong said gratefully and then bid his goodbye.

 

 

Placing the phone on the small space to his right, Jiyong carefully lifted Sandara from the couch, bridal style, to transfer her to her room. She shifted in his arms, and Jiyong stopped moving, afraid that she’d wake up, but she didn’t. Jiyong froze when he felt Sandara unconsciously wrapping her right arm around his neck and nuzzling her face close to his collar bone. He inhaled deeply and proceeded to carrying her in front of her temporary room on the second floor. When he reached the room, he bent down and held the handle, but when he tried to twist it, it won’t budge. Jiyong cursed under his breath after realizing that the room was locked. For a while, he stood in front of the door, but after remembering that the key was on the kitchen table,he decided to just proceed to his room.

 

 

Jiyong gently placed Sandara on his bed.She shifted and her eyes slowly fluttered open. “Jiyong.” She sleepily called to him as he was leaning away from her.

 

 

“Sshh.”Jiyong shushed while pulling her arms away from him. He gently placed them above her torso and caressed her hair. “Go back to sleep.” He said softly and kissed her forehead. The action made Sandara close her eyes, and within seconds, she had drifted again to sleep.

 

 

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

 

A/N:

I hope you like this chapter. ^__^ I sincerely apologize for late updates. I'll update again as soon as I can. 

Anyway, who are KWONDARA MINIONS/CHEESEBORGERS here?? Say MIU / MEEP!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ To those who don't know what I'm talking about, I HIGHLY recommend that you read huntress-sama's story, KNOT THIS GUY. Trust me, you'll L-O-V-E it! ^__^v ( Author Fact: I'm a super fan of huntress-sama. \>o )

 

SO, now, I want to get to know you guys. WHY DON'T YOU COMMENT BELOW YOUR COUNTRY'S NAME? I would love to know who are my readers :D 

THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING to this story. COMMENTS are HIGHLY appreciated. :) SEE YOU ON MY NEXT UPDATE! ^_^

Twitter & IG: @msjidee1812

 

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif