XV: The Party and the Feeling

Accidentally In Love
 

 

My eyes landed on her, and I felt the time stop.

 

A pair of light brown eyes filled with glee silently watched as two pairs of brown orbs stare at each other like it was the first time they had laid eyes on one another. Time seemed to stop for the both of them and everything faded in the background as she can see that they only have eyes on one another. Seeing this, a small smile appeared on the owner of the light brown eyes as she recognized the look the two were giving each other.

 

In Na looked at Jiyong and saw him staring at Sandara like he was looking at the most beautiful thing that ever existed in the whole universe. For the first time, she saw it in his eyes, that emotion she thought she would never see in him.

 

Silently, she took out her phone and took a photo of the two who were unaware of the other person in the room with them. Satisfied with the photos in her phone, In Na silently left and gave the two some space.

 

 

 

Jiyong’s breath got caught in his throat and his heart seemed to skip a beat when he saw Sandara standing at the top of the staircase. To say that she was beautiful is an understatement and an insult to how she looked, for she resembled a living goddess that could not be described with only one word.

 

Sandara wore a graceful looking off-white sleeveless and backless cocktail dress which was made of combined lace and chiffon materials. The upper part the material was made of lace in flower patterns, and a thicker material covers the heart-shaped chest part  all the way below. The skirt was made of chiffon sewed in layered form and runs just a few inches above her knees. A flower patterned belt was around her waist, showing more of her curves. The back part was open but the chest part did not show any cleavage. In Na paired it with off-white high-heeled shoes.

 

Sandara’s slightly short hair was curled a little but In Na left it as it is, hanging freely at the length of her shoulder. In Na also put a light make-up on her face, just enough to make her even more beautiful than before. Her lips were painted with lightly pink lipstick.

 

On her left hand was the matching off-white mask In Na prepared for her. It was designed with an intricate single wing of a butterfly on the left and there are three beads on it, while the other side was left with only a fewer design.

 

“Jiyong.” Sandara’s soft voice echoed in the living room and Jiyong woke up from his reverie. She started descending the stairs slowly and stopped a few inches in front of him. She looked up at him and gave him a small smile, her eyes shining brightly.

 

Now that she was in front of him, Jiyong noticed how her face seemed to glow and her eyes seemed to out his soul. Automatically, his hand went to her cheeks and caressed them gently. “Beautiful.” He said, almost in a whisper, making Sandara blush deeply, but gave him a shy smile nonetheless.

 

“Thank you.” She answered, biting her lower lip.

 

Jiyong took her hand and lead her to where their car was waiting for them, but not before putting her coat to cover her from the cold weather. Mr. Jang, one of the Kwons’ loyal drivers, bowed to the both of them and gave them a smile while his hands were holding the doors open.

 

“Good evening Mr. Kwon, Ms. Park.” Mr. Jang greeted. Jiyong only nodded.

 

“Um, good evening… Mr…” Sandara trailed stopping in front of him, having no idea what the name of the old man is.

 

“It’s Jang, Ms. Park.”

 

“Oh. Mr. Jang.” She said, blushing lightly. The old man smiled and ushered her politely in the car. Jiyong closed the door and went on the other side of the backseat, taking his seat beside Dara. Mr. Jang then went to the driver’s seat. Not long after, they were on their way to the Shilla Seoul luxury hotel.

 

Sandara kept her gaze outside the window, not saying anything. Her hands were fiddling from nervousness and worry, and Jiyong noticed it. A few seconds later, she felt his hand on hers, pulling it to his lap after entwining them.

 

Sandara turned her gaze to the man sitting beside her, and saw him looking at her with brows furrowed. His lips were set on a thin line, making Sandara ask herself what he was thinking.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked her, staring directly to her eyes. She can see worry flashed on his face before an impassive look covered them.

 

Sandara shook her head. “I-It’s…I’m… nervous.” She admitted to him, looking down to their entwined fingers. “What if… what if something happens?  Or they won’t like me?” She mumbled, her hands tightening on his and he noticed them getting cold.

 

For a few seconds, Jiyong did not say anything and just stared at her. The worry and nervousness was very much visible on her face and he noticed her pale skin becoming paler.

 

“Hey.” Jiyong said, lowly, reaching for her chin and making her look at him. “Stop worrying. Nothing’s gonna happen.” He reassured and waited for Sandara to answer, but she only bit her lip, showing her nervousness more. “Besides, I’ll be there. I won’t leave you.” He said.

 

His words seemed to reach her, for Jiyong noticed her tensed shoulders relaxing and her hands loosening their tight hold on him. Again, he waited for her to nod, and this time, she did and gave him a small smile. He gave him a small smile in return.

 

A few more minutes and they reached the Shilla. Sandara noticed the flashing lights and saw some camera men situated outside the hotel, taking photos of those arriving at the venue. She took a deep breath, but Jiyong’s hand tightened around hers, and he gave her a reassuring smile.

 

Before getting out of the car, Jiyong gently put on Sandara’s mask, covering half of her face, and kissed her forehead before putting on his own. Mr. Jang opened the door to Jiyong’s side first, and then went to Sandara’s side. Jiyong offered his arm to Sandara to which she gladly took as she made her way out.

 

Flashing lights blinded her the moment she stood up straight beside Jiyong, and she almost took a step back, if not for Jiyong holding her hand with his other hand. He led her inside, and she slightly bowed her head to avoid the cameras as they passed the reporters asking questions to Jiyong. How they knew it was him, she has no idea.

 

Only when they were inside the grandiose hotel did Sandara release the breath she did not thought she was holding. One man came to Jiyong and bowed to the both of them before shaking Jiyong’s hand. He said something that Sandara did not comprehend because she was so busy looking the magnificent hotel they were in. Only when she felt Jiyong tugging her arm did she looked at him.

 

“Let’s go.” He said in a low voice and led her to the elevator.

 

They stopped on the third floor, where the function halls were located. From afar, they can see lots of people walking going inside the function hall, wearing their elegant clothes and their matching masks.

 

Sandara took a deep breath and stopped walking, stopping Jiyong in the process. “Jiyong.” She called, nervous.

 

Jiyong waved at the man assisting them, and he left without question after bowing to the both of them. He then faced Sandara, and even though half of her face was covered with her mask, he can see the worry and nervousness that he thought had disappeared earlier. “You’ll be fine.” He said. “I’m here.”

 

Sandara gulped and nodded.

 

At the entrance, they took their coat off and gave them to the man waiting. Then, another man at the door bowed and welcomed them, before opening the door.

 

Soon, they were inside the Lilac Room of The Shilla and she was amazed at how beautiful the function hall was. It was spacious and it lends a tough of exquisite elegance that was perfect for the company’s event. In addition to the beautiful room was the stunning view of the Namsan Mountain which can be seen through the large window walls.

 

Sandara’s nervousness was replaced with awe and excitement after seeing the magical and beautiful place they were in. Her eyes lit up brightly, and her lips curved into a wide smile as her eyes roamed around the place. She looked at Jiyong, only to see him already looking at her. “It’s beautiful.” She said, almost in a whisper, before shifting her gaze again to the place.

 

 

 

 

[JIYONG]

 

 

I shifted my gaze towards her the moment we stepped in the function hall, and watched as she stared at the place for the first time. Slowly, I saw her eyes twinkled and a smile curved on her thin lips. At the sight of this, I felt my heart skipped a beat. For some reason, I can’t seem to shift my gaze away from her face as she continued to scan the place.

 

The moment we stepped in, I noticed the some of the guests turned their heads to look at us with curiosity. Most of them were young heirs to some company, and they eyed Sandara like she was some piece of meat. I felt myself growing irritated with this, and I don’t know why.

 

Then her eyes were on me. “It’s beautiful.” She said, almost in a whisper.

 

My hand on the small of her back tightened around hers, and I felt the need to pull her closer to me. But before I can do so, I felt her turning around, facing me.

 

“Jiyong, thank you for bringing me here.” She said, her smile making my heart beat furiously. What’s wrong with me?

 

I only nodded, and then placing my hand on the small of her back again, leading her to a table. “Come on.” I said, ignoring my furiously beating heart.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong led Sandara to an empty table and pulled the chair back for her. He glanced around to see if he can spot someone who looked familiar to him, and in a distance he recognized Seungri talking to someone with a wine in his hand. Then his eyes landed on Sandara’s friend who was also talking to a woman a few meters away from Seungri.

 

Shifting his gaze to Sandara, he sat down beside her and accompanied her. When he saw a waiter walking around, he took a glass of wine and a glass of juice for Sandara. She was busy looking around, while Jiyong just watched her.

 

 

"Jiyong, do you always go to parties like this?" She asked.


"No." Jiyong simply answered.


"Why?"


"It's boring." Jiyong answered, and Sandara smiled almost immediately hearing his answer.


"Will it still be boring if I'm with you?" She playfully asked him as she leaned at him a bit closer.


Jiyong raised his right eyebrow at her, making Sandara giggle. "I am not answering that." He told her.


"Yes you will."
 
 

"No."

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

"No."

 

 

"Jiyong!" Sandara wined, pouting her lips and smacking Jiyong's arm that was draped on the back of her chair. "Answer it?" She pleaded with her puppy dog eyes.

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. "Fine. Yes. Happy now?" He asked, and Sandara smiled and giggled before kissing Jiyong on his cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One of the organizers called the guests attention and proceeded to introducing and congratulating the two companies for their new partnership. The president of the other company gave his speech, as well as Jiyong’s father. When the formalities were done, they proceeded on the party itself.

 

Jiyong then led Sandara to an older couple not quite far from where their table was located. “Mom, Dad, this is Sandara.” Jiyong introduced after he called their attention.

 

“Hello sweetie. How have you been?” Mrs. Kwon asked as she gave her a hug and a kiss on both her cheeks. Sandara smiled at her and told her she’s been doing fine. Next came Jiyong’s father, who also gave her a hug.

 

"Good thing Jiyong finally agreed to let you come with him." Mrs. Kwon said.


"It wasn't easy to make him agree." Sandara answered with a smile, making Mrs. Kwon giggle.


"Tell me about it." Mrs. Kwon said and rolled her eyes. "When he was still in High school, I have to literally drag him out of his room just so he would attend their school dance."


"I think I can imagine it happening." Sandara said with a giggle. She glanced at Jiyong behind her and saw him talking to their new business partner with her father. He caught her gaze and saw his lips curve into a smirk. She gave him a flying kiss in return.


Mrs. Kwon saw this and she smiled admiringly at her son and his fiancee. She can see the changes in his son ever since he met her, and she eas glad that it was happening. She has never seen him act like what he does now around Sandara before he met her, and she was happy to see it with her own eyes.

 

 

 

“How was your dress?” Mrs. Kwon asked as they sat on an empty chair. “Do you like it?”

 

“It’s so beautiful. I love it.” Sandara answered honestly, making Mrs. Kwon smile widely.

 

“I’m so happy you love it. I had it tailored especially for you.” Mrs. Kwon informed her, making Sandara’s jaw drop.

 

“You made this for me?” She asked, not believing what Mrs. Kwon just said.

 

“Yes dear. I did”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I want to make you feel more beautiful.” She gushed. “And I want my son to fall in love with you more and more.” She giggled. Sandara wasn’t able to say a single word at Mrs. Kwon’s last words as she sat there speechless and blushing deeply.

 

 

 

The two continued to watch the other guests after greeting Jiyong’s parents, with Jiyong answering some of Sandara’s questions. After a few more minutes, she faced him and was about to say something so he leaned a bit so he could hear what she was about to ask.

 

“Won’t you say hi to the people you know?” She asked.

 

“Later. I can’t leave you here alone.” He answered, and saw Sandara frown even through the mask.

 

“I’ll be fine. You go.” She said and gave him a small smile, placing her hand on his arm which was resting on top of the table. Jiyong leaned backward and looked at her before shaking his head no. “They’re waiting for you.” She added.

 

Jiyong looked hesitant for a moment, deciding whether to leave Sandara or stay by her side. But seeing her determined expression to let him mingle with the other visitors, he sighed. “Come with me?” he asked, but Sandara shook her head.

 

“I’ll be a bother.” She answered. “You go.”

 

“Are you sure?” Sandara nodded. “I’ll wait here.” She said, and so, Jiyong left.

 

 

 

 

Sandara watched Jiyong’s back disappear from a distance before she focused her gaze on the glass on the table. Not too long after, someone took the seat which Jiyong occupied a few minutes ago and she saw a man wearing a black tux looking ahead of him.

 

“What’s a lovely lady doing here all alone?” he asked in his deep voice.

 

Sandara was stunned at first, but was able to answer after a few seconds. “Um, sitting?” she answered, unsure.

 

The man chuckled at her answer and shifted his gaze on her. His mask was black and simple but elegant. Even with the mask, she can see that he was handsome, very handsome. “Now I know why.” He said, more to himself than to her.

 

“Um… Sorry but I don’t…” Sandara mumbled, not knowing how to say that she doesn’t know the guy. Then she thought that maybe she knew the guy, she just can’t remember him. The man smiled at her.

 

“My name is Seunghyun.” He said.

 

“Uhm.. I’m----”

 

“Sandara.” The man cut her off. Sandara’s eyes widen from surprise that someone recognized her despite the mask. “I’m Jiyong’s older brother.” He said, and gave her a gentle smile.

 

“Oh.” Sandara said, and immediately shoot up from her seat. She bowed to as a sign of respect, making Seunghyun chuckled again. He ushered her to take her seat, which she did. “I’m sorry, I… I can’t remember…” she said and Seunghyun nodded.

 

“I know.” He said.

"Where is my brother anyway?" He asked while looking around. How could he leave you behind with all these people when you don't even know a single person in here aside from us. "I told him to greet the people he knows" She said and smiled at the man. 

 

"He should have told you to come with him!" The man startled Sandara by raising his hands.


"He did. I just refused. I won't understand them anyways." Sandara explained and Seunghyun immediately changed his mood.


"Oh well. I guess you're right." He said in agreement.

 

 

 

 

All of a sudden, a stunning woman made her way to them and kissed the man in front of Sandara. Sandara’s eyes widen from surprise at the woman’s action.

 

The woman then turned to her and smiled widely. “Hi Dara. Nice to meet you.” She said in a low voice, like she was doing it so the others won’t hear.

 

“This is Bom, my fiancée.” Seunghyun introduced and Sandara bowed her head to Bom.

 

“Nice to meet you.” She greeted back.

 

“I hate to cut our meeting short but I have to. Some important people are looking for us.” Bom said to the both of them.

 

After a few minutes, Sandara was alone again after bidding Seunghyun and Bom her goodbye. Bom made her promise that they should hang out sometime, to which Sandara gladly agreed to.

 

 

 

 

[CHAERIN]

 

I caught sight of my best friend sitting on one of the tables with Kwon Jiyong when a few minutes after they arrived. As much as I wanted to come and hug her tightly, I can’t, for I know that someone was watching over my actions. I missed her so much that sometimes I find myself staring at our photo together at my desk.

 

She’s my sister, despite the fact that we are not related by blood. And even if she can’t remember me and our times together, I don’t mind. I’ll be here for her and remember our memories together for the both of us.

 

“Is she that recognizable?” I hear Seungri asked me as I discretely glance at Dara’s direction.

 

“Yes, if you know her by heart.” I answered. “Though she was less recognizable now that her hair’s color has been changed and it was now shorter.” I added.

 

Seungri nodded in agreement and offered his hand on me. I looked at him with a raised brow, silently asking him what it is.

 

“Will you dance with me?” he asked, and then smiled at me sweetly. I rolled my eyes, but took his hand nonetheless. He smiled wider and I let him lead me to the dance floor.

 

I placed my hands on his shoulder, and he placed his on my waist to which made me a bit uncomfortable.

 

I must admit, he is not that bad. At first, I thought that all he does is play around and do nothing. But over time, I learned that he was not who I thought he was. Even though I don’t want to admit it, he knows his responsibility, and how to work on them. He’s also kind hearted, as what I’ve witnessed in the Orphanage we visited.

 

“I reserved a room for us.” I hear him whisper in my ear, and I rolled my eyes.

 

I was correct on one thing though, he’s a certified ert.

 

 

 

 

Sandara went to the ladies room for a while after talking to Jiyong’s brother, Seunghyun. After drinking two glasses of fresh juice, she started to feel the need to go the ladies room. She tried to look for Jiyong just in case he comes back and find out she’s not there, but she can’t find him, and so, she decided to go. While she was in one of the stalls, she heard the clicking of shoes and then the running water.

 

“Have you seen Kwon Jiyong’s partner?” Sandara heard from the stall. Her eyes directed to the door and kept her silence so that she can hear what the person was about to say. “Beautiful, isn’t she?” From Sandara’s guess, the owner of the voice was in her forties.

 

Another woman hummed an answer. “But she’s small and pale.” A younger woman’s voice added. Sandara frowned by the way the younger woman described her.

 

“Is that jealousy I hear?” the older woman asked, she heard someone snort.

 

“Please. Our relationship ended a long time ago. There’s nothing left of what we had.” The younger woman answered.

 

To this, Sandara’s eyes widened but then she frowned and wondered who the woman was. Sure she was curious of Jiyong’s past relationships, but she did not bother asking him because she felt that it’s childish and not important. But after hearing the woman, her curiosity began to resurface.

 

Sandara heard clicking stilettos again, and heard the two still talking. One of the stalls’ doors opened and close, then she heard another one. Knowing that the two women were inside and won’t be able to see her, she rushed out of the bathroom.

 

On her way, she bumped into someone and mumbled her apology, but the person grabbed her arm when she was about to walk away, making her jump in surprise.

 

“Dara?” he heard a man asked, and she looked at him. The man was wearing also wearing a mask, but she noticed that his hair’s color was maroon. His eyes held many emotions, but Sandara can’t recognize them.

 

“Who are you?” she asked, bewildered.

 

“It’s… Jaejoong.” The man named Jaejoong answered, but Sandara only stared at him.

 

“Sorry but I don’t know you.” She apologized, fear almost visible in her voice, then pulled away from the man who wasn’t able to say anything and just watched her walk away from him.

 

 

 

Through the course of time that Jiyong wasn’t with her, a number of young men had boldly introduced them to her and asked her some questions to which she answered discretely. She kindly interacted with them even they made her uncomfortable.

 

“Can I have this dance?” a young man named Chanyeol asked after introducing himself to. He offered his hand to her and waited for her to accept it as another song played in the background. She was about to answer but someone cut her off from behind.

 

“No.” the voice said, and Sandara turned around to see the man even though she already know who it was.

 

“Jiyong.” Sandara called, and noticed his clenched jaw. His usual impassive look can be seen on his face and he looked sharply at the young man sharply.

 

Sandara stood up and looked between the two. “Um, sorry, I can’t.” She said to Chanyeol, who left almost immediately after seeing Jiyong’s glare directed at him. Seeing that Jiyong’s gaze was still focused on the man, Sandara reached for his arm and tugged them. “Jiyong.” She called.

 

Jiyong’s gaze shifted to her. “Who was that?” he asked his voice cold.

 

Sandara shook her head. “I don’t know. He said his name was Chanyeol.” She answered honestly, but Jiyong just looked at her like he was waiting for her to continue. “He just came out of nowhere, asked me a few questions. That’s it.” She said.

 

Jiyong glanced to the direction where Chanyeol left before taking Sandara’s hand and leading her to the part where a lot of people were dancing. They stopped in the middle and Jiyong guided Sandara’s hands on his shoulder, while he placed his hand on her waist and pulled her closer to him.

 

While they swayed along the slow music, Sandara stared at Jiyong who was busy looking around wearing his impassive expression. Wanting to get his attention, Sandara placed her hand on his cheek and almost immediately, his gaze shifted to her. “Is there anything wrong?” she asked, her soft voice the only thing he heard despite the loud music.

 

Seeing different guys make their way to Sandara made Jiyong uneasy and edgy even though it was only forty minutes since he left her there. Every five seconds, his gaze goes to her direction and watched her sit there and talk to other people she does not know. Some men tried to make a move on her, but she was too oblivious to know about it. His patience was running out every second as one after another, the young men try to make her come with them, until finally, he could not take it anymore and excused himself away from the people he was talking to.

 

“Jiyong.” Jiyong heard Sandara call him and his eyes focused on her. He shook his head after seeing her worried expression. “Nothing.” He answered and pulled her closer to him, circling his arms around her and hugging her close to him. He kissed her temple and tightened his hold on her, while she rested her head above his chest with her eyes closed.

 

“Did you greet all the people you know?” Sandara asked him. Jiyong only hummed his answer. Sandara was not satisfied with his answer so she looked up at him again. “Jiyong, look at me.” She said, and Jiyong did, their faces a few inches away from each other.

 

Time stopped and the background faded as they swayed along the music. It was like only the two of them mattered as they stared at each other. Through the masks they wore, they can see each other’s faces perfectly like they have memorized each and every contours of it.

 

Sandara felt butterflies in her stomach, and Jiyong’s heart felt like it was about to burst from a foreign feeling he has never felt before. One of Jiyong’s hands went to cup her cheek, and she leaned to it with closed eyes. “You’re so beautiful.” He murmured as he look at her with so much emotion in his eyes, making her smile and look at him.

 

“You already said that.” Sandara answered, the blush was evident on her cheeks.

 

“I did?” He asked, his eyes showed the playfulness she’s never seen in him before.

 

“Yes.” Sandara answered, biting her lower lip while trying to stop herself from smiling widely.

 

“I don’t remember.” Jiyong answered, making Sandara giggle.

 

After a few seconds, Sandara’s giggle died down, and she smiled at him. Again, they stared at each other for what seemed like hours, but only a few seconds, until slowly, the gap between their faces closed and his lips met hers very briefly.

 

They leaned away from one another and stared at each other, before Jiyong leaned again and captured her lips with his longer than the first one they shared. Sandara closed her eyes at the contact as Jiyong leaned further and deepened the kiss.
 
 

As they kissed, Sandara circled her arms around his neck, standing on her tip toes to be closer to him.

 

When they parted, both of them were breathing hard but still held each other close. Jiyong was the first one to recover as he leaned his forhead on hers. Sandara bit her lips from embarassment before hiding her face on Jiyong's chest making him chuckle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

This has got to be the longest chapter I have ever written for this story, and I'm proud of myself! haha XD I wrote this chapter for two days and I must admit, it was a challenge. I had a hard time writing this even though I already have the whole scene playing in my mind. So, my question is, HOW WAS IT? You have to tell me! :D Please do write down your comments, they would make me happy.

Also, I know you're all curious about how Dara's dress looked like. I did not do justice when I described it, so here it is, + her mask: 

     

Sorry for grammatical errors. I know there are a lot of them. Still, THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING this story. 

COMMENTS are HIGHLY appreciated. :)

ALSO! Thank you to those who checked out my stories in wattpad. Even though they are not a DaraGon stories, you still checked on them, so, THANK YOU! *bows 90 degrees* 

 

Talk to you guys on the next update! Oh! and follow me if you want on:

  • twitter: @msjidee1812             IG: @_lycheee_                     wattpad: @lovelicht

HENGSHO! LOVE YOU GUYS! ♥

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif