XI: The Haven and the Absence

Accidentally In Love

1_zps03f35bee.jpg

 

 

The next day Sandara woke up way too early that her head started to ache from the lack of sleep from the night before. She took in her surroundings and remembered that she was in the living room. After setting a blanket for Jiyong, she determined to move back to Jiyong’s room to keep sleeping, but then got backward into the living room after running out to behave thusly.

 

The TV was still on, but in a low mass. She looked around and saw that the sun was just about to set. Even though her head was pounding, she stood up and went to the bathroom to change. On her way, she checked on Jiyong and saw that he’s still in his office, sleeping, but now leaning on the backrest of his chair.

 

Sandara remembered that Jiyong is going back to work that day. The thought made her stop from combing her hair, thinking it was not a pleasant thing to remember early in the morning.

 

‘It’s not like he’s not getting back.’ She thought to herself, and forced the thought of being alone the whole day back of her head. With that, she inhaled a deep long breath and looked at herself in the mirror. ‘I can do this!’ she said.

 

Downstairs, Sandara started preparing breakfast for Jiyong, now getting used to cooking, but still burnt few beacons and eggs in the process. She was preparing the bread when Jiyong came inside the kitchen and looked at her with surprised. Twisting around, Sandara saw him watching her, causing her flush. The kissed that they shared last night was suddenly popping into her head. This made her blush more.

 

For a few minutes, they simply stared at each other, not prompting at all. It took a while before Jiyong shifted his gaze from her and decided to walk to the fridge to get some water. He took out a bottle of water and turned around, only to find Sandara still looking at her.

 

Sandara blinked. She bit her lower lip, pondering on what to do. “Um, h-hey. M-morning.” She stuttered with a shy smile, though her blush was still very much visible. Jiyong watched her as she shyly walked to him and kissed him on the cheek. She quickly turns around to hide her crimson face and busied herself in preparing the bread. “I made you breakfast. Go wash first. I’ll be done when you come back.”

 

Jiyong’s fading footsteps made her relax and concentrate more on what she was doing. When she was done, she sat on one of the high stools, thinking about her being alone for the day. She’s listing the things that she’s going to do when all of a sudden, her thoughts went to Jiyong and him leaving for work. Not seeing him the whole day gave her a sullen look.

 

She’ll miss him.

 

In the next minutes, she was lost in her thoughts. She’s biting her lip unconsciously and fiddling her fingers on top of the counter when all of a sudden, cold fingers came in contact with her skin, making her jump in surprise.

 

“J-Jiyong.” She heaved a sigh of relief, but Jiyong just stared at her, not saying anything.

 

He was now wearing black pants, white polo to which he tucked inside his pants. His coat, which was neatly folded was dangling on the backrest of the stool on his left. His usually messy hair is now neatly combed to the side. She noticed that his briefcase is now resting on the end of the counter.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked, walking to her side. Sandara just shook her head and muttered ‘nothing’. Then she smiled at him, which did not reach her eyes. Jiyong did not ask further and settled in front of her.

 

They ate in silence. Jiyong only ate bread and bacon, though he would sip on his coffee time after time. He busied himself in reading the daily newspaper and did not spare a glance to the woman sitting in front of him.

 

All the while, Sandara only ate two loaves of bread and bacon. After that, she just watched Jiyong as he takes a sip from his coffee. His pupils were moving from left to right while he read the news that caught his attention, completely ignoring her.

 

Jiyong’s action gave Sandara a heavy feeling in her chest. Even though she doesn’t know what it is, she can’t help but grimace at the fact that Jiyong is not talking to her. ‘We won’t be seeing each other the whole day.’ She thought, making her puff her cheeks and cross her arms in front of her chest.

 

‘Should I talk to him?

What if he ignores me?

I can’t believe he’s fine with not talking to me.

He’s doing it on purpose because of what I did last night.

 

Those were the things that were running in her head while staring at the man who is busy reading the newspaper just to have an excuse to not talk to her.

 

Still lost in her thoughts, she did not realize that Jiyong was now standing from the high stool and was waiting for her. In his hands were his coat and briefcase. He  had told her that he was leaving, but she did not say anything and just continued to stare into nothing. This resulted in him calling her name two more times before she blinked and finally looked at him.

 

“I’m leaving.” He simply informed her and turned around. Sandara immediately jump down from the high stool and followed Jiyong to the door of his garage. She expected Jiyong to just leave without saying anything, but to her surprise, he turns around just before opening the door. He stared at her, making her stop a few feet away from him.

 

“Don’t go outside. You understand?” he asked. Sandara nodded. “If someone comes here, never open the door. Pretend that you’re not in here.” He added, again, making Sandara nod. “Don't answer the telephone, I already left my other phone beside my number. Don’t stay in front of the windows looking outside. Turn off the stove after you finished cooking.”

 

Sandara just nodded absent-mindedly to everything that Jiyong said, not really remembering all of them. She just stared at him, again lost in her thoughts. Even though she was looking at him, her eyes was lost to which Jiyong noticed. To this, he sighed and closed his eyes as he massaged the bridge of his nose. His action made Sandara wake up from her reverie.

 

He pulled her to him, leaving a few inches in between them. “Did you listen to me at all?” he asked, calmly. Sandara just puffed her cheeks cutely, making Jiyong shake his head. He placed both his hands on her cheek to keep her focus on what he was going to say. But the action made Sandara’s skin tingle to where he was touching her.

 

“Listen to me, or else I won’t let you see Seungri again.” He threatened. Still, Sandara listened this time.

 

Jiyong repeated what he said to her earlier, now adding a few more things. He made sure that she repeats what he said just to make sure that he remembered all that he said. “And lastly, call me when something happens. I left my number on the fridge.” He informed her. “I need to go. Just stay here. Don’t come out.” He said and kissed her forehead before leaving.

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

“Baby, I’ll tell you later who it is.” The man said through the phone and took a sip from the wine glass he was holding. “No. You know how he is.” He answered. The woman on the other side of the line made a noise and said a few things making the man she’s talking to chuckle in his deep voice. His eyes roamed around the place at the same time the person he was waiting for appeared from the entrance of the restaurant that he was in. “Alright, he’s here. I’ll talk to you later. Love you, baby.” He said and hummed when the person on the other line answered him.

 

The person he was waiting for taking a seat in front of him and they stared at each other. The man’s lip’s curved into a devilish smirk before tilting his head to the side, examining the person in front of him. He was about to open his mouth when the waiter came to take their order. When he was finished, he quickly went away, leaving the two.

 

“How have you been doing?” The man asked. It has been almost a year since the two last seen each other. After the former disappeared, they haven’t spoken to each other. The person in front of him shifted his gaze away from him and observed the other customers instead.

 

“Fine.” He simply answered, not bothering to ask him back.

 

“I see you’re still harboring some hatred on me, my dear brother.” The man took a sip from his glass before leaning back comfortably in his seat.

 

The other person, who was the man’s younger brother, rolled his eyes and a bored look came across his features. “I’m not a kid anymore, Hyung. Holding on to those feelings is childish.” He looked at him, his face void of any emotions.

 

The man smirked. “I’ll always see you as my baby brother, Jiyong.” He said, a brotherly love can be seen from his eyes. This made Jiyong shook his head, a smirked now appearing from his lips, muttering a ‘yeah right.’

 

The waiter came and placed their orders on the table. He left shortly after placing everything in place and making sure that the two men doesn’t need anything else. The two started eating quietly for the first three minutes, until Jiyong broke the ice.

 

“How was noona?” Jiyong asked.

 

“Ah, she’s fine. She wanted me to tell you that she wants to see you.” The man informed him, making Jiyong smile a little.

 

“I’m sure she does.” He answered, not looking at his brother.

 

The man placed his spoon and fork on either side of his plate and took a sip of his wine. He looked at his brother, suddenly, his face turning serious. “Jiyong.” He called his brother’s attention. Jiyong looked up at him from his food and saw his brother’s face. “I heard you agreed to the arranged marriage that Mom and Dad set up for you.” He said, even though he already knew the answer.

 

Jiyong did not answer his brother at first. He placed his utensils on either side of his plate and took the napkin from his lap, wiping his mouth, and then took a sip from his wine glass before looking at his brother. “How did you know?” he asked.

 

His brother just shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. It’s true, then?” he asked. Jiyong did not answer his brother’s inquiry and just stared outside the window, Sandara’s face suddenly popping up in his head. “You should have said no.” his brother told him. “You know how mom goes crazy over things like this.”

 

Jiyong remembered the things that happened. “It’s not that easy.” He answered.

 

“What’s not easy in telling them that you don’t want to marry someone you don’t know?” his brother asked.

 

“It’s complicated, hyung. Leave it.” Jiyong told him, telling him to just drop the subject.

 

Jiyong’s brother just stared at him, contemplating why his brother would say those things to him. Complicated? What would be the reason for that? “Don’t tell me you got her pregnant?” he asked, disbelief can be seen from his features.

 

The question made Jiyong spit the wine that he was currently drinking, and coughed continuously while wiping his mouth. He glared at his brother, still trying to regain his composure. “Okay, I guess not.” His brother muttered while chuckling. “What is it, then?” he asked, his brows rose in amusement.

 

“Figure it out yourself.” Jiyong answered when he recovered. His brother groaned, but did not say anything after.

 

 

 

--oOo—

 

 

 

Sandara stood in front of the mirror in their room, staring at her with the designer dress that she was wearing. It was the little black dress that Seungri gave to her as a congratulatory gift when she left the hospital. The dress runs down only to her mid-thighs. Its long sleeves were see-through. The dress came with matching white leather jacket and black high heels. The material felt soft against her skin, and it feels weird on her part to wear such little clothing.

 

She’s relieved that her mind did not linger much on the fact that she is alone in the house when she decided to busy herself with cleaning the house, sleeping, eating different foods inside Jiyong’s fridge and watching television the whole day. She even listed the things that she needed to do while trying to regain her memory.

 

At noon, she found herself standing in a room full of books in different genres. While reading a classic book, she fell asleep on the couch where she settled to be able to read comfortably.

 

Now that she’s bored to death, she decided to look for something interesting for her things. There, she found the dress and remembered that she still hasn’t tried it out.

 

Sandara turned to her left and right to see if the dress fits her or not. She frowned after seeing that she was way too skinny for the dress. But she had to admit that even though that was the case, she still looks good in it. With that in mind, she removed the dress and placed it back to her drawer where she had kept it hidden the whole time. The thought of Jiyong learning that she had that kind of dress made her shake her head violently.

 

Looking at the time, Sandara saw that it was now six in the evening, and it was time to prepare for dinner. She was about to proceed to the kitchen after going down when something outside caught her attention. Surely, she remembered Jiyong telling her not to come near the large windows, but something was telling her to look outside.

 

When she did, she saw through the window the snow falling slowly from the sky, covering the roads and trees around the area. At first, she smiled at the beauty of the scenery she was seeing, but she caught sight of her reflection through the large window.

 

One moment, she was standing there, and the next she was on the floor, clutching her head with both her hands. Through her vision, the house was spinning. Her breathing became shallow and heavy, and her head pounded painfully through her skull. She shut her eyes, trying to lessen the pain, but it was useless for the pain became stronger than before.

 

From the haziness that she felt in her head, Sandara saw a well-lighted place with lots of people dressed formally, and her reflection through the window that was separating her from the people inside. The snow was falling around her and she could almost feel the coldness that surrounded her.

 

The feeling became unbearable and she groaned from the pain in her head. Sandara crouched on the floor in a fetal position, and almost shouted, but refrained herself from doing so.

 

The pain she felt lasted for a good two minutes, until it died down a bit. It was still there, but now bearable. Sandara lay down on the floor, exhausted. As she opened her eyes, she saw the ceiling which was blurry from her un-shed tears. She felt herself slowly drifting from consciousness.

 

Jiyong.

 

And then, all was black.

 

2_zps3eee94be.jpg

 

A/N:

Okay! So as I promised, here's my update. mehehehe So, how was it? I'm sorry if it was so short. I'll make it longer on the next update.. Watch out for the next update.. :))

Oh! and I've posted my story in wattpad, if you want to check it out, then I would be grateful.

THANK YOU FOR READING/COMMENTING/UPVOTING/SUBSCRIBING to this story. 

COMMENTS are HIGHLY appreciated. :)

 

See you guys! follow me if you want on:

  • twitter: @msjidee1812
  • IG: @_lycheee_
  • wattpad: @lovelicht

HENGSHO! ♥

- MsGeeDee

 4debf97e443b549a592cb.gif