✪ infatuation 9

When infatuation becomes love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter





"Heugh...", hyukjae breathed heavily as the treadmill came to a gradual stop, its monitor displaying distance ran: 30km. He grabbed the towel hung on the grip bar and flopped onto the gym bench by the side. After flexing his muscles, he took off his jersey which was starting to cling on his body because of his pespiration. Then he lay down to rest. Maybe he was just too tired, he fell asleep.

Hyukjae felt someone shaking him. "Hyukkie..hyukkie..wake up!", Junebae, hyukjae's buddy, and also a famous personal trainer for celebrities was trying to wake him up. Without warning, hyukjae's eyes shot open. "Phew..", junebae sighed in relief, "Hyukkie-ah, are you okay? You have been shouting in your sleep so I had to wake you up. Did you have a nightmare?"  "I did..?", hyukjae avoided his friend's questioning eyes, he had dreamt about kyu walking out a door and no matter how hard he called out, kyu didn't come back. Junebae knew hyukkie didn't want to tell, so he gave a comforting smile and slight pat on hyukkie's shoulders, "Aren't you going home? It's almost ten. Need a ride?". "Thanks but nah, your house is in the opposite direction. Its okay, I will just get kyu-", hyukjae froze mid-sentence as he realised kyu wouldn't be coming to fetch him anymore. He stood up abruptly, then pulled on his shirt hastily while grabbing his belongings, "Junebae-ah, I will see you soon, bye!", and he rushed out even before his friend could give him a reply. He didn't stop running till he reached the taxi stand, ".", he cursed at himself for forgetting again that kyu was gone.

Back at the dorm, hyukjae overheard the conversation of two other members while he was getting a drink from the kitchen.

The two were sitting on the couch watching a chick flick on TV, while eating a bowl of microwaved popcorn. But, the popcorn felt tasteless and their favourite chick flick no longer seemed as interesting. "Wookie-ah...I miss kyu..", the cute looking guy hugging a fluffy bunny mumbled to the other guy he was leaning against. ".....me too, hyung..", the smaller guy whispered.

Every single one of them felt the loss of kyu, but none of them had it as bad as hyukjae. Even though it had been already a week since he left, hyukjae still acted unconciously as though he was still there. "Since when had you become so deeply rooted in my life?", hyukjae pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling tired, "Gosh, I feel...lost..without you."

Hyukjae walked into his room, then he saw the photo that was propped on kyu's bedside table. It was a photo of both of them taken on their vacation in Greece. He really missed kyu...hyukjae sweep at the useless tears that fell from his eyes. Suddenly, he felt angry. Why was he here missing someone who had abandoned them, someone who put all of them in such misery? Why did you do that? Why did you betray us, kyu? He screamed inside his mind. In a fit of anger, he swept the photo frame off the table which send it crashing straight to the floor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter