✪ infatuation 34

When infatuation becomes love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kyuhyun!" Someone yelled his name from afar. Pausing his conversation with Changmin, Kyuhyun turned to see who was calling him.

Kyuhyun frowned at the dancer who was trying to catch his breath. "Hyukjae? What are you doing here?"

"I- " the dancer was still panting, "I was looking everywhere for you. Why didn't you wait for me after the recording?" He ran a hand over his face to wipe off his sweat. "I had to ask Sungmin to know where you went."

"I was just hanging out with Changmin, " Kyuhyun gestured to the DBSK member beside them, and the latter gave a friendly wave.

Hyukjae gave an awkward nod in return, slightly embarrassed that he hadn't notice the presence of a third party at all. His thoughts had been messy the whole night since that disastrous phone call with the maknae, and earlier, he had almost screwed up their recording too. Luckily, their leader was there to tidy up otherwise, he would have had a ruined reputation to top up to his misery.

"So, why are you looking for me?" the maknae questioned with a raised brow.

Hyukjae gulped, a bit flustered at Kyuhyun being so direct. "Er, Changmin?" he looked at the DBSK member apologetically. "Do you mind letting me and Kyu have a private talk?"

The DBSK member blinked. "Oh yeah, sure." Before walking off, he gave the Super Junior maknae a pat on the shoulder, "I'll wait for you inside, Kyu."

Hyukjae exhaled when he saw the DBSK member disappear behind the glass doors. 

"About yesterday- " Hyukjae glanced at the maknae who was beginning to look impatient, "I'm sorry."

Kyuhyun crossed his arms. "Yeah, you said that yesterday."

Hyukjae's heart sank a little at the latter's indfifferent tone. Now he's sure that Kyuhyun must have heard Donghae over the phone, since the maknae was hardly so cold towards him. "It's not about the same thing, " he sighed. "I'm sorry I lied to you. Actually, I was with Donghae last night."

"......."

Hyukjae watched the maknae nervously. "Kyu?"

"..how long has it been, and you still can't forget him?" Kyuhyun's expression was unreadable. 

Hyukjae in a deep breath, "N-No! It's not that! I- "

"Sometimes, I wonder whether you're actually serious about us, " Kyuhyun interrupted. Then as if mocking at himself, he continued, "You know, I'm not exactly the most confident in being Donghae hyung's substitute."

Hyukja

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter