The Confessions

I'm Sorry I Can't Love You

The thunder lightning struck and the raindrop’s start to fall, one and then hundreds before turn to a drizzle. Both of them standing there. Soaked by the rain, standing still. Hee Jin still look at Jin Young, and Jin Young still look in front, not looking back to Hee Jin.

 

 

 

Is oppa didn’t hear me because of the thunder just now?

 

Hee Jin: Oppa, I said I lik—

Jin Young: I know..

 

Hee Jin feels shock. What did Jin Young says just now?

 

Jin Young: I knew it. Since the very beginning. But, I can’t .. accept it.. So I purposely treat you as my sister. Hoping you would forgot your feeling and move on. Open your heart for somebody else.

 

Hee Jin’s heart beat almost stop. All this time, her heart beat the fastest when she saw Jin Young, when she talked to him and when he smiled to her. But why now it turns the other way?

 

Hee Jin: Oppa .. You knew it but you pretend you did not??

 

Her voice trembling, speak using all the last strength she had. What she wants now is explanation, one that enough to make her believe what she heard just now was a complete lie.

 

Jin Young: Yes… I’m sorry Hee Jin. But I can’t love you.

 

A long, cold silent appear. Hee Jin still can’t believe what she heard just now and she was hoping, it was only her dream.

 

God, if this was just a dream, please wake me up now. I can’t … I can’t bear the pain..

 

The rain starts to get heavy. Hee Jin can feel her tears fall to her cheek, along with the rain. Jin Young approach her but she stepped back.

 

Jin Young: Hee Jin-ah. Let’s talk about this later. The rains are getting heavy now. Let me send you home.

 

Hee Jin shook her head. She slowly stepped back. All she wants to be now is far, far away from Jin Young. She can’t stand looking his face. Jin Young try to stepped closer but Hee Jin shook her head harshly, giving sign to Jin Young to stop approaching her. She tries very hard to fake a smile.

 

Hee Jin: I’m sorry oppa. I was wrong.

 

Hee Jin then runs as fast as she can. Not turn away even a little. Jin Young let her go. He knows Hee Jin would need time on her own. He looks at the darkened sky.

 

*****************************************************************

 

Hee Jin runs to the playground near their neighbourhood. She was running so fast with her teary eyes and she couldn’t see what's in front her clearly until she collided with something. But before she could fall to the ground because of the impact, an arm was wrapped around her.

 

Sandeul: Don’t cry, Hee Jin-ah.. I hate seeing you cry like this.

Hee Jin: San… Sandeul??

 

Sandeul’s hugs getting tighten. After being completely crushed, somehow, Sandeul’s hug feels warm. Hee Jin cries hard in his arm.

 

Sandeul look at his wristwatch and its already 8pm. The rain already stopped. He and Hee Jin sit on the bench in the park and both of their school’s uniform still wet. He afraid Hee Jin will catch flu if she continues sitting there. But she didn’t seem like she want to go home now.

 

Sandeul: Hee Jin-ah, let me walk you home.

Hee Jin: No. I want to stay here a just a moment.

Sandeul: But it’s getting cold.

Hee Jin: I’m afraid; I will bump into Jin Young oppa. He must’ve wait for me now. As I was his little stupid sister.

Sandeul: Yah! Are you okay?

Hee Jin: Actually, all my life, I only love Jin Young oppa. He always protecting me and lend me his shoulder each time I want to cry. He was my first love, and still. When I enter Jeong Shin High School, I felt very happy. Then a month later then, Jin Young oppa told me he had new girlfriend. The way he told me that with smile, telling me that he never feel the same as I do. But I still want to be by his side. So I get along with his kindness, calling me around as his little sister. Yeah, I was stupid. I trapped myself in that situation. And hurt myself every day that the fact I can only love him like that. I was being mean to myself, being very selfish to the half side of me. And hurt the other one.

Sandeul: Hee Jin-ah..

Hee Jin: Then he told me that he already broke up with his girlfriend. I can’t help but to feel very happy, knowing there may a chance for me to voice out my feeling. And when I do, he said he already knew. He actually knew it all this time and he pretended not to as he can’t accept my feeling and ---

 

Hee Jin tears getting heavier. She sobbed so much that she can’t continue her words. Sandeul wrapped her shoulder with his arm, lending his shoulder for her to cry.

 

Sandeul: I also know it. I like you. Since the first day you entered the school. Even more after Jin Yong hyung introduced you to me. I want to know you, but I always feel like want to tease you. But the more I do that, the more I fall for you.

Hee Jin: S.. Sandeul,--

Sandeul: I overheard your conversation with Na Young the other day. I feel so hurt but I want to see you happy, with the person you loved. So I decide to let you go. But I can’t get over you. So I always follow you quietly when you go home. Seeing you happy with Jin Young hyung hurting me so much but I know I can’t make you smile brighter like he do. But today, I saw what happen .. That’s why I’m here.

 

Hee Jin was shocked by Sandeul’s confession. She never thought that Sandeul was actually loves her all this time.

 

Hee Jin: Sandeul…I.. I don’t know what to say..

Sandeul: I will never make you cry Hee Jin. I’ll take care of you and your heart. I won’t talk to other girls.I’ll love you with all my heart. Please let me cure your broken heart. Give me a chance..

 

Hee Jin was speechless. Sandeul was proposing her to be his girlfriend. Straight after what happen between her and Jin Young. She was blur. She didn’t know what to do.

 

So I purposely treat you as my sister. Hoping you would forget your feeling and move on. Open your heart for somebody else.

 

Jin Young’s words flashback in her memory.

 

Open my heart for somebody else? Should I? Should I give Sandeul and myself a chance? I hope I do the right thing.

 

Sandeul look at her with his eye filled with hope. Hee Jin look at him back but as their eyes meet, she quickly stare at her hand and slowly nod. Sandeul hug her happily and after he get his sense back, he break the hug and say sorry. Hee Jin only smile. She hope she can really forget all that happen and start a new life. Without realizing that she only run away from truth.

 

 

 


summer500: I'm thinking of making new fanfic. But after i finish this.. THANKS FOR THE COMMENT !!heart