Forget

One-shot / Drabble Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jessica lay in bed in her darkened room.  The only light was from a streetlamp three doors down that barely shone through the front bedroom window.  Alternating between fitful sleep and quiet sobs, she marveled that she could hurt this badly.  The pain was all encompassing; it hurt to breathe.  She was in a black hole, unsure if she could find her way out.  And honestly, she didn’t know if she wanted to.  These feelings would normally give her pause and make her afraid.  But today, she found a cold comfort in them.

The bedroom door slowly opened and she heard footsteps softly, slowly padding to the bed.  Her body tensed and she stopped breathing.  A cold whisper of air brushed her body as the blankets were lifted and the mattress depressed behind her.  Taeyeon slid into bed, her form pressed against Jessica's back.  Covering them back up with the blanket, Taeyeon's arms circled around Jessica's body, head resting against hers and she felt Taeyeon's warm breath on the back of her neck.  With that, fresh tears spilled from her eyes and she started again.  All she could think was "No. Please."  Her heart was aching. She didn’t think it was possible for her heart to break into pieces all over again.  Wasn’t it already shattered? But the fresh pain elicited fresh sobs.

Jessica felt Taeyeon intake a ragged breath and slowly exhale against her. Unsure if time had stopped or had passed, she waited for what was next. Then she heard Taeyeon's voice.  That voice.  It was the voice that had brought her such happiness.  That angelic, soft spoken voice, that made her laugh, gave her butterflies, goose bumps, made her feel safe and warm. Tayeon's voice.  Now, it was the voice of the one who had hurt, and with a few small words, shattered her world.

Tenderly, Taeyeon's voice cracking, she said, “I’m sorry.”

These words pulled from her depths more sobs.

Taeyeon whispered the apology over and over, “I’m sorry.  I’m sorry.  Sica, I am so sorry.”  

Jessica pulled her hands to her face and cried into them.  Taeyeon gently rolled her over and positioned herself above so she could see Jessica's face, see her heartbreak.  It was an image Taeyeon would hold with her, and would haunt her forever.  Taeyeon hadn’t wanted to hur

Please log in to read the full chapter